• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome D.I.C.E 2013 Presentation

ryse1_by_raziel1992-d6odjcy.gif
I said goddamn.

Timu

Wow the new one looks better, heck the old one looks unfinished when it comes to some shadows and the armor.

alright, I'll wait for the direct feed then. I love roman stuff so I want to get this game. The game play and depth seems extremely lackluster so if it doesn't look fantastic I'm not really interested. I have faith in Crytek though, Crysis on consoles looked half decent.

You do realize since he said that they took this huge turn on optimization of triangles and shaders right?

Also why would he say the game itself is at full hd because if it were upscaled the game itself would still be native 900p.

I honestly don't care because the downgrade in triangles has shown better lighting and shading overall so the game has looked better.

Just saying man. We'll see if he replies to his tweet at all the native 900p thing or if Aaron updates his tweet again to say it is back to native 1080p.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I honestly don't care because the downgrade in triangles has shown better lighting and shading overall so the game has looked better.

Just saying man. We'll see if he replies to his tweet at all the native 900p thing or if Aaron updates his tweet again to say it is back to native 1080p.

He also said in the tweet "only upgrades from now on" and then goes on to say it's Full HD.

Is that last gif ingame or cut scene?

In-game is cutscene in this game, it's the same models and fidelity.

I thought there was no difference in Ryse?

There isn't.

I know I shouldn't be basing my excitement for the game off of others, but since its announcement, I felt like I was among very few who were actually excited about it, regardless of its QTE overload.

It's nice to see people excited for it again =)

True. Best not pin hopes on it happening.

Indeed.

We keep repeating how good the game looks, yet if it was confirmed to still be upscaled 900p we'd be arbitrarily disappointed in the visuals again lol.

I know I shouldn't be basing my excitement for the game off of others, but since its announcement, I felt like I was among very few who were actually excited about it, regardless of its QTE overload.

It's nice to see people excited for it again =)

The fact that it was a Roman military based action game was all I needed to be excited tbh. Seeing the turtle formation I learned about in school somewhere outside of a history book or corny live action recreation in the initial trailer was awesome.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks really really good. especially the lighting. man, cant wait to see more from campaign.

Hoje0308

Banned
He said "FULL HD", that's 1080p. He also said no downgrades from E3, 900p is downgrade from 1080p.

Unless he's purposely lying, 1080p is pretty much confirmed.

He said "full HD experience." It could be an issue of semantics. He has yet to respond to the numerous tweets he's received, which you would think he would if it was indeed native 1080. I could very easily be wrong, just my interpretation.

jbug617

Banned
Did you guys see his other tweet?

@RealtimeCevat: #Ryse Hero Marius 85k polys? It was choice: 150k polys w LODs vs 85K + better shading + no LODs (stable). The latter wo at better quality!

What is LOD?

Chobel

in the forza 5 thread. unlike the video the thread was made for it showed shadowing on the car and off track objects.

What the hell man? In that thread when I said there are real time environmental shadows you said they're just reflections.. not the shadows.

pixlexic

Banned
What the hell man? In that thread when I said there real time shadows you said they're just reflections.. not the shadows.

yeah then I studied the video for like an hour . lol

I can see the shadows for all but one underpass. But I think that was just the low framerate on the recording skipping frames.

REV 09

looks incredible visually. Excited to play it...it's a new next gen ip, props for that in and of itself. Plus the setting is very interesting to me.

Jedi Otter

Whether it's 1080p or 900p, the game is visually amazing to me. The updated shading on the faces and armour look great, and it was pretty cool to see the execution mo-cap sessions. Really makes me glad I pre-ordered the game.

Top Bottom