• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.Link FM - PersonaGAF Podcasting for Everyone's Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wish I could have still been apart of it, but I was really in no condition to contribute anything.

Levito

Banned
2Cu7Hlh.jpg

Ep. #2: Persona 4-2
Soundcloud link(downloading enabled)
Youtube Link(Coming soon)

ADDED PROPER ID3 TAGS YAAAAAY, OFFICIAL S.Link FM blog coming soon too!

The S.Link FM podcast returns to speculate upon hopes, dreams, and what little "info" we have about Persona 5. Our guest Inorigo (@Talespun, writer for GameRanx and RPGSite) chimes in with some great points for your consideration. We ask questions about Persona 5's combat, social link system, dungeons, cell phones, release date and even what console/handheld it might be on. Will our dreams come true or is S.Link FM a place where dreams go to die? You'll just have to listen and find out!

A special thank you to Jintor for our new station call! (I forgot to mention it during the recording sorry) XD

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm pretty sure I said more than him XD

That is... shocking.

I was talking with him the other night testing out my mic (for last night) and it was more of a one sided conversation. ;p

Course it was all for naught.

Does anyone actually even want the youtube link? think I'd rather just skip it to be honest.

Maybe, I'm betting that soundcloud is blocked where I am working tomorrow.

Marche90

Well, just saw this. Downloading, even if I think that I will end up listening to it next week.

EDIT: Welp, following too. I'm the weird guy with glasses that has his description in spanish :p

Dantis

New episode is good. Also, me and Inorigo are now super best friends.

EDIT: INORIGO MENTIONED OCEAN'S TWELVE, YES.

I love Ocean's, man. High five.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I haven't listened yet, but I'm hoping someone made a comment about P5 being all robot schoolgirls. ;p

Really great podcast, I discovered it thanks to the Rely on Horror podcast, I'm all the time here in NeoGAF and I missed this thread, maybe you guys need to "expose" the podcast a little more.

I don't know if I listen well, but did you guys talked about some removed S.Links from P4 in the 2nd episode?.

Levito

Banned
Really great podcast, I discovered it thanks to the Rely on Horror podcast, I'm all the time here in NeoGAF and I missed this thread, maybe you guys need to "expose" the podcast a little more.

I don't know if I listen well, but did you guys talked about some removed S.Links from P4 in the 2nd episode?.

Haha you listen to Whispers? That's awesome, this is Kyle BTW.

Once I get the blog for our S.Link FM up and on RSS + itunes I'd like to see if we can get this thread moved to general gaming. We'll see what happens though.

Dantis

I think it's definitely worth at least asking if you can move it into the main section for a short while once you've got it all up and running. The last episode was really good, and deserves more attention. ;)

Levito

Banned
Just realized the mixing got buggered again on the Youtube Upload, ugh... I'll fix it this weekend, I'll upload Episode 1 onto S.Link FM's youtube channel soon too.

PK Gaming

I watched episode 1 at an earlier point in time and enjoyed it, but I really loved episode 2. Your topics were great and I found like I really agreed with the group as a whole (you guys are chill n_n)

Wow, Levit0 and I just recorded a great episode with shidoshi, cj_iwakura, and Inorigo as guests - talked about LGBT issues in the Persona series! Oh, and Catherine spoilers!

Levito

Banned
Hey everyone! Well I finally got some to work on this thing again.

Happy to announce the podcast is now has it's own RSS reader! You can download or stream directly from the website and subcribe to our RSS feed on itunes. Still working on getting us an actual itunes page so it's searchable.

Here are the past episodes:

Episode 1:Enter the TV

Episode 2: Persona 4-2

Editing Episode 3 right now, will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Also, I'm not going to be uploading to soundcloud or Youtube anymore. Pretty pointless whenyou can download + Stream directly from the website.

Wait for armada to send me his artwork for the website so it is much more presentable. But if you're an artist and willing to help us out, we need someone to design us a show icon for itunes still!

Levito

Banned
Episode 3: New Days

There's been an ongoing discussion for some time now on how Atlus handles LGBT themes and characters throughout not only the Persona series, but SMT in general. In Episode 3, our group of panellists discuss the history and portrayal of LGBT characters within Persona and a few other Atlus titles such as Catherine. Our special guest joining us for this episode is EGM staffer Shidoshi, a long time Persona fan that's spoken on many convention panels on the topic of LGBT characters in gaming.

As we now have an RSS feed you can now listen to and download episodes through the itunes and Zune applications. Additionally, you can stream and download directly from S.LinkFM.com now.

Episode available here.

Really hope you all enjoy this one. :)

Marche90

Long overdue, man. Can't wait to start listening to it.

EDIT: Finished listening to it. Barring some hiccups with the audio (sometimes Inorigo's voice was too low, for example) it was a nice podcast, and one that gives us a good perspective of how the franchise might grow.

Thoughts: Maybe I'm part of the problem. I never found offensive nor distasteful Operation Babe Hunt nor the "woman" that appeared there (in fact, the first time I played the game I found those scenes hilarious. I'm really sorry for that), neither the Kanji or Naoto issues; in fact, if it weren't for some articles that appeared before, I wouldn't have even noticed that some people had issues with the portrayals of the characters. Still, I think that this will help me to reflect what the LBGT folks find offensive, and work on it to help my personal growth.

Also, I believe that there might be a way to determine which S.Links you can get during your playthrough: A simple Quiz at the start of the game. In that way, the game can determine which S.Links you can access during your playthrough, who you can romance, or whose S.Links are totally unavailable or without a romance option, based on your profile. For example, it might ask you about how do you feel about same sex relationships, or how do you feel about certain themes, which might or might not make you compatible with some people and change the available S.Links based on that quiz.

Also. Can't wait to see this thread in the General forum. This will make the podcast grow, and it totally deserves to do so.

PK Gaming

Hooray~

Let me be the first to say that Shidoshi was a welcomed addition to the podcast. I was enthralled by his anecdotes, and he had a lot of interesting things to say. That was by far the best podcast, thus far.

General comments:
  • I had to skip through the Catherine discussion, since I have not played through it yet (i know, i know that's unforgivable D:). I really hate how I missed a good string of discussion.

• When you were talking about same sex relationships in Persona 3, it didn't seem like you touched upon any of the FeMC's relationships. (at least not to my knowledge). I'm not the type of person to shoehorn girl X girl relationships, but it really did seem like Elizabeth had romantic feelings for the FeMC. At the end of her socia- err date things, you're given the option of telling Elizabeth that she's just an attendant, a friend or remaining silent.
    The game doesn't let you let engage them in full on relationship with her like in the male path, but the 3rd option is the closest thing to a lovers path, I think. What are your thoughts on this?
  • There's also Aigis; she's technically a robot, and will love regardless of gender but i still think its worth mentioning since I actually think the FeMC social link with Aigis is better than the male one.

To quote someone from another forum

Aigis: I don't want you to look at any man, fMC. I want to be the closest to you. I want to be closer to you than any man.

The possessive, jealous Aigis in the fMC route is better than the "I just wanted to get my feelings across" Aigis in the mMC route.
I know it isn't the absolute best relationship in the series, and it isn't exactly the best LGBT relationship(if you can even call it that), but I still really enjoyed it. It was more than the "omg, girl on girl" relationship I thought going in. It's very sweet.

• You guys were absolutely on the mark with Naoto, especially at the end where you force
her to change (though this is less offensive in the japanese version, I think).

• Pairing other characters = yes please
  • In fact, i'd like to see social links between other characters

EDIT: Operation Babe is in the FeMC playthrough. It mostly plays out the same, but i don't recall seeing Kashiwagi.

Levito

Banned
Episode 4: Anime is for Jerks

sjurfnq1.png

On episode 4 of S.Link FM, we discuss the various anime adaptions of the Persona franchise. Firstly our panel gives a brief history of our experience with the Anime medium, where we’re pretty all over the place. CJKeats being the Anime connoisseur of the group, and the only one brave enough to watch Persona Trinity Soul. From there we tackle Persona 4: The Animation, and the upcoming Persona 3 movies. Most of the discussion spotlight was on the Persona 4 anime, and our general feelings on how it handled the story, plot, and characters from the game.

Episode available here

We haven't been approved on the actual itunes store yet, but here's how you can sub and download on itunes via our RSS feed:

-Open iTunes.
-From the File menu, choose Subscribe to Podcast.
-Enter http://feeds.feedburner.com/SlinkFmPodcast in the text box and click OK.

Marche90

^I watch a lot of anime, yet my iTunes isn't filled that much. I still have a lot to learn, CJ-Sensei
:p

This one didn't took a week to release. Awesome! Downloading now, and as usual, will post my impressions later.

Levito, you should post at the very least a few hours in advance at what time you're going to record and the theme of that day's podcast. That way we'll avoid the situation that arised with Jintor.

Any luck with getting moved to Gaming yet? This podcast needs way more hits than it's getting.

It's all in the works - currently, even though you can get the podcast via feed, we're getting the iTunes process finalized. I'm also going to set aside some time to complete an official banner. Once these things are done, we'll go live.

Levito

Banned
Episode 5: Mind Games

vjlaask.jpg

The occult has always been a huge part of Shin Megami Tensei, and therefore also a huge part of the Persona series. In Episode 5 of S.Link FM, we delve into the theology, mysticism, tarot influence, philosophy and myriad of topics pertaining to the ridiculous amount of detail that goes into the SMT games. This was a heavy discussion, but ultimately one of our best yet, hope you enjoy listening.

Download details here

Still not on the itunes store yet, but I'm working on getting us on there. RSS subscription works really well though!

mollipen

Still not on the itunes store yet, but I'm working on getting us on there. RSS subscription works really well though!

Are you having a problem getting on there? I just subbed a new podcast a few days ago, and was up and approved in 24 hours.

Squire

Banned
Preemptive "Sorry".

I didn't. None of us did. Because it was fine for what it was.

Yep. The episode is mostly is talking about our misgivings, but the anime has good things about it. They're minor things, but theyre there. And while it'd be a terrible first introduction for someone who hasn't played P4 beforehand, it's functional fan service for those who have.

cjkeats

Yep. The episode is mostly is talking about our misgivings, but the anime has good things about it. They're minor things, but theyre there. And while it'd be a terrible first introduction for someone who hasn't played P4 beforehand, it's functional fan service for those who have.

But most of all, what it had going for it was that it wasn't Trinity Soul.

Kazzy

The animation is undoubtedly shitty, but it's fun and actually was aware of what people liked about the game. Yes, it's absolutely for fans, and concessions were made towards that.

As a re-telling of the main-narrative, is it bad? Yes.

As fanservice, is it good? Yes.

I had no qualms about its purpose, and the relative quality therein, so I was never disappointed with it.

Levito

Banned
The universal consensus on the P4 anime from us was it was just "ok".

Are you having a problem getting on there? I just subbed a new podcast a few days ago, and was up and approved in 24 hours.

You've outted me, I've yet to actually submit it. *shame*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom