• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Not a Paradise Trailer

Denton

Short, but sweet trailer, looks great.

If all the games scheduled for this year make it and are reasonably polished at launch, this could be the best year for me since 2015.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
STALKER 2
Vampire Bloodlines 2
Avowed
Gothic Remake
Greedfall 2
Black Myth Wukong
Star Wars Outlaws
Ghost of Tsushima

So much WRPG and open world action goodness.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Looks great, there’s a lot of games out tho, so I’ll prob hold off to buy it on ps5…give the devs some £££

Flabagast

Short, but sweet trailer, looks great.

If all the games scheduled for this year make it and are reasonably polished at launch, this could be the best year for me since 2015.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2
STALKER 2
Vampire Bloodlines 2
Avowed
Gothic Remake
Greedfall 2
Black Myth Wukong
Star Wars Outlaws
Ghost of Tsushima

So much WRPG and open world action goodness.
Don't forget the GOTY FF7 Rebirth (although I think KCD2 will be a strong challenger)

eNT1TY

This is a full price purchase for me even if its on game pass. It's not the fidelity of the reveal trailer but it looks improved over their last showing. Each following reveal since the initial one has improved visually that by launch it should roughly approximate that first trailer.

Ulysses 31

Yeah, like the first "gameplay" trailer from 2021 I'd be pleasantly surprised if the final game will look like that even on a high end PC.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's been a while since a good first person story based game, looking forward to this and wish the best to the team.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
God I hope this isn't a buggy mess on launch. Stalker is a masterpiece.
If they have maintained the scale and ambition of the original games, with the resources they have and the things they have had to deal with, bugs are almost guaranteed. I'd hope for a buggy ambitious project rather than a polished game with reduced scope - just no game breaking bugs.

poodaddy

Don't forget the GOTY FF7 Rebirth
No Thank You Lol GIF by Max

Very much looking forward to this. Trailer was pretty minimal, but I'm completely in.

Denton

Yeah some fantastic shots and visuals, but I am not gonna lie, I miss those original 2D photographed skyboxes, the new dynamic 3D volumetric stuff just doesn't cut it.

Xdrive05

So there is there any way that this could be built on the new 5.4 version of UE5? Since that's out already, I don't see why not. Apparently 5.4 is a LOT fast at threading and hardware RT, so there's no reason why they can't have all the UE5 goodies turned on in this game and still be performant. I assume if this game has been built around an earlier build of the engine, they could still at least use the latest version for efficiency in the final shipped product. They probably just won't have any of the new features that were just recently introduced, is all.

So there is there any way that this could be built on the new 5.4 version of UE5? Since that's out already, I don't see why not. Apparently 5.4 is a LOT fast at threading and hardware RT, so there's no reason why they can't have all the UE5 goodies turned on in this game and still be performant. I assume if this game has been built around an earlier build of the engine, they could still at least use the latest version for efficiency in the final shipped product. They probably just won't have any of the new features that were just recently introduced, is all.
I guess it is possible if Epic gave GSC early access to the updated engine, or something to that effect.

I don't know how complicated it would be to go from 5.0-5.3 versions of the engine to 5.4.

Stafford

Was it Gamescom last year or even 2022 where it was playable and the downgrade was rather crazy? I don't believe a thing until I'm playing it on Xbox myself.

Phase

Need to see actual gameplay instead of sanitized static panning through areas.
Yes. Still no actual gameplay has me worried. Though I don't preorder games so I'll just wait and hope for the best, then check it out when it finally does release.

Mozzarella

I loved the first game, it was called Shadow of Chernobyl or something, great menu theme, very dark and depressing setting but ultimately really atmospheric and cool, i think Stalker 1 and 3 are the most atmospheric games ever made, their atmosphere is thick as fuck, beating any other game out there, even Thief.
But they have certain flaws about them that could've made them much better, you instantly recognize the passion in them, i also loved how smart the A.I was in those games.
I think they need a better shooting mechanics, better world design and better side missions.

This game was made under tough situation, so i think it will ship in unfinished and messy state, i will wait for word of mouth before i buy it. Visuals look sick though.

Top Bottom