• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - Official 'Come to Me' - New Gameplay Trailer

scalman

looks ok . its cinematic trailer i get it ... lots scripted scenes and such... original stalker had that too .. but most time the game was not about story but about exploring places and collecting stuff... its hard to tell yet is it gonna be good stalker game.. i hope not good shooter , stalker was never about that ... and it had amazing for time a life AI system ... that was big deal ... so well see.. living world with creatures and AI npc's living in it not just covering and shooting from scripted places....
well devs will want to please everyone i guess... so that can be worying

and it must have campfire chit chats...

Last edited:

GenericUser

God I want this game so bad. I never really played the first one because it's only on PC. But the atmosphere and the gameplay look really good in this one though, I want to dive in. These eastern european games have their own unique look to them, I like it.

VN1X

Banned
God I want this game so bad. I never really played the first one because it's only on PC. But the atmosphere and the gameplay look really good in this one though, I want to dive in. These eastern european games have their own unique look to them, I like it.
If you want to dive in you can check out Anomaly: https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly

About S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly​

The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly 1.5.1 aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Players can choose from a variety of ways to play the mod. Play story mode with 4 chapters of interesting quests, sandbox mode if you prefer to make up your own story, or the combat intense warfare mode where factions fight for influence and control over different areas of the zone.

Anomaly is also highly customizable, play it the way you like and have the most fun. There are hundreds of settings that can be tweaked in the options menus and for more advanced changes, there are over 1000 addons for Anomaly that were created by other players to change the experience in more advanced ways.

I've yet to play it myself but from what I've read it's probably the best version for new comers or who just want to get their feet wet into that universe. Think of it like singleplayer Escape from Tarkov (although maybe someone who has played it would correct me on that).

GenericUser

If you want to dive in you can check out Anomaly: https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly

I've yet to play it myself but from what I've read it's probably the best version for new comers or who just want to get their feet wet into that universe. Think of it like singleplayer Escape from Tarkov (although maybe someone who has played it would correct me on that).

But it's just PC, right? I don't play on PC.

anthony2690

Banned
Graphically it looks nice, reminds me off metro Exodus.

The monster on this trailer looks really out of place though/lower quality than everything else, but I thought the same thing about metro's monsters too.

Hopefully it turns out good.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Graphically it looks nice, reminds me off metro Exodus.

The monster on this trailer looks really out of place though/lower quality than everything else, but I though the same thing about metro's monsters too.
I had the same impression but the monsters in exodus look good to me, at least the big ones.

anthony2690

Banned
I had the same impression but the monsters in exodus look good to me, at least the big ones.
I played it on series X, the environments looks incredible, especially the interiors.

But some of the monsters just seemed out of place, how they looked quality wise, then again so did most the characters faces (but they had super good looking clothing textures etc)

Minor gripe as I did enjoy the game overall.

Last edited:

Xdrive05

Oh It's coming to gamepass? Nice!

Been very impressed with Unreal Engine 5 running Fortnite at 60fps with lumen and nanite. Hoping the same hardware will handle this at 60fps too. Recommended specs say RTX 2070S / GTX 1080ti, which is around a 3060 12GB for reference, and about in line with the 4K consoles. That all falls in line with what Fornite is doing with those settings I think.

SSfox

So a 3rd party game blocked by MS to release on PS5, weird cause i was told by xbox fans and Phil that MS don't do that
nw4ehtI.png

Ivan

Not that impressive, to be honest :(. Gameplay looks like COD a bit too much for my taste, I hope I'm wrong... Far from uniqueness of the first game.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
So a 3rd party game blocked by MS to release on PS5, weird cause i was told by xbox fans and Phil that MS don't do that
nw4ehtI.png
Major publisher games. The last was almost a decade ago in tomb raider. If Sony only did 3-12 months of indies that be fine. Its major studio games with increasing time its up to 2 plus years at this point for some games. Xbox loses out on major studio releases to money hats all the time.

sachos

Looks pretty cool! Is this using UE5?
EDIT: Rewatched again in 4k, looks amazing.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

This looks as I feared…..it’s Metro Exodus 2 in a STALKER skin.

It's remarkable that a developer appears to miss what makes the original games so beloved. STALKER is great because the world is constantly alive, dynamic, emergent, and more vitally, entirely indifferent to the player's presence, which is simply incidental to it. STALKER has never been a player-focused experience, it's a world-focused one. The Zone couldn't care less about you in the original games, you had as much value as a pack of mutant dogs and were just as expendable. This now looks like every other power-fantasy, player-centric game today, where the world is crafted and revolves around the player. Instead of allowing the player to create their own emergent stories through the interplay of dynamic gameplay systems, players are hand-led by the developer through a linear, scripted, cutscene heavy campaign, pulling the agency from the player's hands to be ”immersive", and ironically achieving the exact opposite. Cinematics and scripting are fundamentally antithetical to what STALKER is.

Have to say as a huge fan of the originals, I’m cynical as to where these trailers are heading. If anything, at least we have the original games with a far superior game design philosophy instead of one that, I suspect, is designed this way to be more commercially viable to current market trends. This is apparently what modern gamers want, so I’m hard-pressed to blame the developers. STALKER was a product of its time. But I predict the original trilogy will continue to be modded upon for years to come while this game will eventually fade……a testament to the strength of the originals’ underlying game design philosophy that has, to this day, yet to be bested.

hlm666

Fuck this looks good. No idea how they are managing to do this without more delays, if anyone has good excuses for delays it's these guys.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Those screenshots (bullshots?) look fucking nice. Very cool graphically for sure but man, that art direction is great too. Remove the UI and gun and they could almost pass for concept art.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but the trailer title is a reference to the end of the first game when you're in the nuclear plant and hear the wish granter:

Xdrive05

Wonder if they're gonna have Nanite foliage, or if that feature was introduced too late into development to include it.

Whatever they went with looks fantastic!

scalman

wonder about gameplay systems more like wounds , when you shoot or get shot and bleeding and like you drop weapon from hands and then you take it again ... older games has that .. and you could even mod it yourself how you want really. and it was cool system. not just shot and they dead ... hope it wont be that simple ... but then unreal 5 engine ... so who knows ...

MiguelItUp

I never played the original but was always curious. Never touched the Metro games either, something about them I just couldn't get into. But this is shaping up nicely, and looking really pretty. Really excited about checking this out, which is great cause I already wanted to buy it just to support the devs. Jesus Christ I could never imagine what they're going through. STILL developing a game during it all too. Absolutely insane to me.

Kupfer

when you shoot or get shot and bleeding and like you drop weapon from hands and then you take it again ... older games has that ..
You sure about that?
Replayed SoC a month ago and what you describe never occured to me and IIRC it wasn't the case in CS and CoP either. Maybe you're talking about modded versions of the original games?

But sounds cool, I would welcome such mechanics.

[...] not having it on ps5 isn’t a problem.
For me it is :(

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

One more push ahead, and even the safe and cozy Yaniv can already be seen. Some starving howls are following along, closer and louder every second. The backpack is full of precious habar from a foray, though no breath to keep it further. Whoever was there knows… In moments like this, you should start to say goodbyes to the habar or your life, depending on one’s values.

For that kind of mishap, experienced stalkers got an ace in the can, the same as 16 years ago. Reliable. Tasty. And refreshing, how it should be. Be NON STOP by nature, but keep a few in your stash.

NON STOP energy drink 🤝 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 — just like on the first journey, officially together again!

Chronicle

Don't have high hopes but will support the devs regardless.

Also, holy framerate in that trailer.
Support the devs? Lol

Why do people think 'teh devs' are some malnourished, tortured group of individuals being whipped and assaulted by greedy overlords to make games?

They make great cash, lift nothing (come do my physical job please), work indoors in comfy chairs, and take 'creative' breaks. Give me a fucking break.

I also like how dudes on here think that teh devs bosses are evil and money hungry when in fact they're also 'teh devs' who have advanced in their positions.

Support teh devs. Lol

I suppose I shouldn't be so judgemental. I come to Neogaf to support the mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom