• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - Official 'Come to Me' - New Gameplay Trailer

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Console only for me.
Baby Reaction GIF

What do the mods do ? I’m on a 3080 with 4k monitor, but I’m unsure the original games are worth it now if they look ugly since it’d be hard to get immersed.

Of course they're going to look ugly, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is 16 fucking years old, lmao. S.T.A.L.K.E.R's graphics are enough to get you immersed in the game, and its oppressive atmosphere will violate your senses unlike anything you've ever experienced. It's an incredibly unique experience that's never been replicated. Imagine if Dark Souls never became popular and never got any sequels. Well, that's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in a nutshell, something that might have been revolutionary, but slightly missed the mark because reasons and fell off.

The PC gaming community has kept it alive over the years. Check the reddit and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly if you want to get into the series. And I don't care what rig you have, if you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. then you're not a PC gamer. You're a console tourist that's dipping his toes on the surface level.

Mods can uplift the old graphics and make it look like something from 2014 - 2015, which is more than enough. My package is the best i could come up with:

ss_luci_01-01-21_20-07-51_l01_e.jpg

stalkerscreenshot.png

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
LoL

Any stalker game will get you IMMERSED even if you run it wireframe.

Make yourself a culture before bragging about 4k and graphics and "immersion"

The reason I brought the specs up is some older games don’t display well on the monitor if they don’t support 4k res, and the 3080 is a benchmark of where the mods have for ceiling.

All I’m reading on steam reviews is the original games are buggy AF that you need mods to run them.

I bought them, but I don’t really want to sour my impression of the franchise if there is an optimal “do this “ to get the best experience in 2022/2023.

I’m very excited for stalker 2, and have put these games on hold long enough . It would suck that my experience was ass due to not modding first , so that it’d put me off the franchise entirely.

Hope that explains better.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Of course they're going to look ugly, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is 16 fucking years old, lmao. S.T.A.L.K.E.R's graphics are enough to get you immersed in the game, and its oppressive atmosphere will violate your senses unlike anything you've ever experienced. It's an incredibly unique experience that's never been replicated. Imagine if Dark Souls never became popular and never got any sequels. Well, that's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in a nutshell, something that might have been revolutionary, but slightly missed the mark because reasons and fell off.

The PC gaming community has kept it alive over the years. Check the reddit and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly if you want to get into the series. And I don't care what rig you have, if you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. then you're not a PC gamer. You're a console tourist that's dipping his toes on the surface level.

Mods can uplift the old graphics and make it look like something from 2014 - 2015, which is more than enough. My package is the best i could come up with:

ss_luci_01-01-21_20-07-51_l01_e.jpg

stalkerscreenshot.png

This is what I found online for recent and it looks very good.

//DEVIL//

if this is the console version, then no wonder why it look bad. I am guessing the PC is the real next gen version here ?

by real next gen = what we saw in the first trailer ? because that trailer didn't look like a CG or cutscenes real time engine. I guess the game is very demanding and the console port .. well.. needs to run on a max of 2070 card level..

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't say I'm impressed at all.

But it's so goddamn sad to hear that some of the devs died fighting Putin's brainless pigs and Prigozhin's lawless fascist fucks and prisoners released from jail (but I know for a fact that there's a lot of them already refusing to go to war in masses, cuz they know now what's going on):messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:
This is what I found online for recent and it looks very good.

Slow the hell down, what?

That's a video of a mod using a mod, with a mod on top. So that's basically S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly, which is the best, most polished experience you can possibly get and is the culmination of the entire fanbase which worked to create a merge of all the maps, quests, content, etc. of the entire trilogy. On top of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly, you've got countless, optional mods that the community have built to improve the experience even further. That Expedition Overhaul is one of them, and it doesn't look stable. What you want is stability.

Now, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly is end-game. That's what everybody in the community is playing currently, but it's something you get invested after you've experienced the original trilogy or at the very least Shadow of Chernobyl, because its the perfect introduction to the Zone (the world the game takes place in). Anomaly is incredibly hard for a first time player.

Ignore whatever shit (?) reviews you've read. The game hasn't been a buggy mess since its last official patch in .. i can't even remember the year, more than a decade anyway. And the only thing you need is Zone Reclamation Project if you wanna play vanilla. But graphic mods are nice.

I also recommend you get the GOG version, Steam is usually shit for older games. And add my mod package, read it.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
The reason I brought the specs up is some older games don’t display well on the monitor if they don’t support 4k res, and the 3080 is a benchmark of where the mods have for ceiling.

All I’m reading on steam reviews is the original games are buggy AF that you need mods to run them.

I bought them, but I don’t really want to sour my impression of the franchise if there is an optimal “do this “ to get the best experience in 2022/2023.

I’m very excited for stalker 2, and have put these games on hold long enough . It would suck that my experience was ass due to not modding first , so that it’d put me off the franchise entirely.

Hope that explains better.
I bought the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R day one, and I finished it without any big issues. I remember I was in the process of moving at the time and didn’t have Internet access, and played through the whole game without any patches!

And what people called „buggy AF“ back then is still way less buggy than many of the supposed AAA games coming out today.

DaGwaphics

Good to see this is still progressing. Seems thick in atmosphere from the shots they showcased.

Some unbelievable circumstances they've had to deal with.

I've never played a game in this franchise, and my first instincts are that it may not be for me, but I'll step out of my comfort zone as I did for Dying Light 2, which I enjoyed.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The war probably impacted the development.

The first trailer looked better but not on a level that it was impossible to make tbh.
I am surprised they are releasing this at all with devs just fucking dying. wtf
I was hoping microsoft would grab devs and families an deport them to USA... but guess this cannot happen

Granted, I have never been a big fan of FPS titles, but despite my inclinations, I fail to see the allure of this particular game. Atomic Hearts and the Arkane projects have a strong visual identity, and the latter introduce some interesting "concepts" that separate them from the lot, at least...
For those who played the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R, is it worth it? 🤔

By the way, am I the only one who gets dizzy playing FPSs? 🙁

Last edited:

unclbenn

yup that looks like stalker alright. hopefully you can change the voice acting to ukrainian, that was the only thing that kinda bugged me about the trailer.

the gunplay looks just like older games and i dont say that negatively, the best part of those games was the gun physics.

Barakov

Looks like the best mix of the old stalker games and modern shooters. That inventory screen is just:messenger_ok:. Also, I hope everyone in this thread is ready for this to be a horribly unoptimized beast of a computer game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The minimalist HUD design looks great. Solid gritty/creepy colours. MP will be great looking maps (unless they make them all sunny for visibility).

EDMIX

I haven't played this series in so long, but love seeing it revived this way.

Day 1 on PC, will double dip for PS5.

Idk anything about this game but it looks interesting and people seem pumped about it, the voice acting is kinda cringe tho they should have at least had Russian accents

Top Bottom