• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 | More informations thanks to PCGamer Magazine

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
banner_s2_new.jpg

64Km², fully explorable
Closer to what the devs wanted to do with Shadow of Chernobyl because the tech is there now
The Zone has evolved, time has passed, structures have crumbled etc ...
The wildlife has mutated too, like you're not gonna hunt a deer in easy mode ala Far Cry style because that random mutant deer will fuck you up
The anomalies are back, same as before but more dangerous and varied
The equipment can be damaged or destroyed by certain conditions (such as crossing a field of anomalies -that's always a bad idea-)
Same health system but more complete, side effects due to lack of food (e.g. more difficulty aiming with your weapon)
A day without sleep and you will begin to feel the effects of fatigue (reduced vision, weak stamina and even hallucinations)
Each side effect will have a (temporary) solution for example: drinking cans of energy drink
But it will be temporary, sooner or later the effects will be too violent and shit will happen
They count on 100 hours of gameplay, but you wont be able to see everything the game has to offer in one run
Multiplayer with PvP, DM, TDM after release but no co-op because the game is very story-driven
They are very proud of their scenario, more than 30 narrative designers dedicated to the plot and quests with different choices and outcomes.

Feel free to correct me or my English if needed, but damn I can't wait

Thanks to this Reddit user for posting captures

Last edited:

Plantoid

I hate when you have to "sleep" in games... I was so hyped, I hope this isn't some skyrim-vampire-feeding timer thing...

For the rest though, good stuff

Inuteu

I have high hopes for this game. love the first

hopefully will not disapoint like Cyberpunk and so many others

VN1X

Banned
Curious about the multiplayer side of things as well. I hope they do more than just the basic TDM and maybe also incorporate a Hunt: Showdown type mode for it as it would be mad not to considering the setting being perfect for it..

Last edited:

Flabagast

If it’s half as good and tense as the original, console players are going to be absolutely blown away.

there is nothing like Stalker. Nothing

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 OST — Storming​

The thunder rolls and echoes in the head. It breaks through the samey and gray atmosphere of the Zone. Monotonous, constantly repeating, the rumble does not allow unwinding. It rolls once more, and more, and more.

But it doesn't distress and crush you or dispirit either. On the contrary, now you look onwards, carefully choose where you can step, where you can go. You are ready, at any moment you can repulse anyone you meet. Is it still the thunder, or the heartbeat that devoured all other sounds? What’s the difference? There is only one possible outcome, this soundtrack will also devour you.

Concentrate. Watch your back and go for your goal. Storming is here.

Remember the dank DnB from Clear Sky?

Biggest WTF moment of the series was the first fight in Clear Sky when this started blasting lmao
I love DnB but come on. Turned that shit off immediately.

Ladioss

I want it into my veins.

Closer to what the devs wanted to do with Shadow of Chernobyl because the tech is there now

Really promising, given the history of the original SoC game development.

As much as i wish the devs success, this sounds to me like the bigger, better talk. If they can make a good game with these features it could be something special, though. Many promises.
Ever played the original trilogy ? The STALKER games *are* special.

Last edited:

amigastar

As much as i wish the devs success, this sounds to me like the bigger, better talk. If they can make a good game with these features it could be something special, though. Many promises.
I want it into my veins.

Really promising, given the history of the original SoC game development.

Ever played the original trilogy ? The STALKER games *are* special.
You know what I'm guilty, I've tried it so many times but never got really far. The last one i've tried is Stalker Anomaly mod.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Hmm.. The food, sleep and breaking equipment stuff has never been my thing.. on the contrary these types of mechanics are some of the things I often hate the most. Oh well, crossing my fingers hoping it's implementes well and not all chores.

Last edited:
Top Bottom