• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell |OT| Here's Johnny's Second Term

Magwik

Banned
So far the best part of GoH for me was in the beginning where
the Ouija board starts laughing at them
had me and my friend in tears

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So far the best part of GoH for me was in the beginning where
the Ouija board starts laughing at them
had me and my friend in tears

That was such a great moment. I loved immediately after as well when
Gat shoots the board, and it totally gets all scared aha.

It has some great moments, but I wish the overall package offered more than just an excuse to do a bunch of mediocre side missions. I'm glad I was able to get it for a fiver from Gamestop. That price feels appropriate.

Basketball

tumblr_m288ryXJ6b1qgpcrv.gif

Why did I buy THIS GARBAGE

Super Short , Lame weapons , activities disguised as missions , lame city , pedestrians are all ghouls , no customization , no cheats , no homies , can't even use the boss even after beating the game ( I hoped this wouldn't happen) , Deep Silver pretty much showed all the musical stuff before release , WHY DOES THIS EXIST

Oh and the endings were all pretty much trash cop-outs
YES I WANT TO RETCON everything since 2

Seriously Volition needs to be working on a sandbox game with the content and quality of Saints Row 2 or else this is the last product I will ever purchase from them

Fuck

tumblr_m288ryXJ6b1qgpcrv.gif

Why did I buy THIS GARBAGE

Super Short , Lame weapons , activities disguised as missions , lame city , pedestrians are all ghouls , no customization , no cheats , no homies , can't even use the boss even after beating the game ( I hoped this wouldn't happen) , Deep Silver pretty much showed all the musical stuff before release , WHY DOES THIS EXIST

Oh and the endings were all pretty much trash cop-outs
YES I WANT TO RETCON everything since 2

Seriously Volition needs to be working on a sandbox game with the content and quality of Saints Row 2 or else this is the last product I will ever purchase from them

Fuck

I agree. The game is hot buttcheeks and the combat design and pacing is pretty horrid. But it was $5 and flying around getting orbs is fun enough. I won't ever be purchasing a Saints Row game for full price though unless they bring the content back to Saints Row 2 levels (which does not mean filling the map with a bunch of shitty collectibles, making 6 versions of Mayhem, and a bunch of shitty superpower variant unlockables).

Montresor

I just blind-bought the full combo (Re-Elected + Gat Out Of Hell) on XB1. Anything I should know about?

• The game came with a code for two packs: Plague Of Frogs and Devil's Workshop. I used the redeemed the code but I don't know how to install both items
  • Any glitched or missable achievements I should know about specifically for the XB1/PS4 version (the 360 achievements guides mention some)
  • How's performance on both XB1 and PS4?
  • If I liked Saints Row 3 (I LOVED it) will I like this?

Yeah I'm going in for just 4 Re-elected, if I get the expansion it'll need to be cheap from what I hearing. (PS4 so I'm using the discount code)

I can't say it wasn't expected. High Voltage doesn't exactly have the best track record.

Ah, so they were behind this, I thought it was just porting duties. Can't say I'm surprised either, but I got this during the GS pricing error, so I'm not mad or anything.

But I do want to ask anyone with the PC version...is anyone else getting the opening cutscene playing instead of the proper one that's suppose to play before
fighting Satan
?

ctfg23

But I do want to ask anyone with the PC version...is anyone else getting the opening cutscene playing instead of the proper one that's suppose to play before
fighting Satan
?

Yeah. I'm wondering if this issue is isolated to just the PC or if it is happening on any of the consoles as well.

randomwab

Can I not import a character into Re-Elected on PS4 or am I missing something? I played up to the character creation and can't see an option...

ninanuam

Banned
Hey I bought the Re-elected and GooH bundle off the xbone store but only GooH is downloading

The receipt it confirms I bought the bundle, when I go to the store it allows me to manage the bundle (no price comes up) but there is no prompt for me to download anything other than GooH.

just to make sure I checked the menus in Gooh and there is no re-elected choice.

Anyone got any ideas?

I just blind-bought the full combo (Re-Elected + Gat Out Of Hell) on XB1. Anything I should know about?

• The game came with a code for two packs: Plague Of Frogs and Devil's Workshop. I used the redeemed the code but I don't know how to install both items
  • Any glitched or missable achievements I should know about specifically for the XB1/PS4 version (the 360 achievements guides mention some)

1. They should download automatically.

2. Achievements in general are borked on X1.

3. Performance is terrible on X1, doesn't sound like it's much better on PS4.

4. You will.

Hey I bought the Re-elected and GooH bundle off the xbone store but only GooH is downloading

The receipt it confirms I bought the bundle, when I go to the store it allows me to manage the bundle (no price comes up) but there is no prompt for me to download anything other than GooH.

just to make sure I checked the menus in Gooh and there is no re-elected choice.

Anyone got any ideas?

Contact support. Sounds like that's a bug.

ZeroX03

Banned

DLC is automatic on PS4.

All the trophies are the same across platforms. Check the missables in the 360 guide, they'll match.

Performance is acceptable on next gen. It's not a stellar port by any means though, it's a medium end PC job with roughly 40-50fps.

If you loved Saints Row 3 you'll love 4. It's bigger and more bombastic. GOOH is unfortunately pretty much a smaller, crappier version of 4 though so don't expect much there.

Ah, so they were behind this, I thought it was just porting duties. Can't say I'm surprised either, but I got this during the GS pricing error, so I'm not mad or anything.

fighting Satan
?

They put out a patch to fix that a couple days ago.

Montresor

1. They should download automatically.

2. Achievements in general are borked on X1.

3. Performance is terrible on X1, doesn't sound like it's much better on PS4.

4. You will.

DLC is automatic on PS4.

All the trophies are the same across platforms. Check the missables in the 360 guide, they'll match.

Performance is acceptable on next gen. It's not a stellar port by any means though, it's a medium end PC job with roughly 40-50fps.

If you loved Saints Row 3 you'll love 4. It's bigger and more bombastic. GOOH is unfortunately pretty much a smaller, crappier version of 4 though so don't expect much there.

Thanks. Hopefully I can tolerate the performance. Hopefully Miles is overblowing the achievements thing, lolz. I hate glitches achievements. Did you mean achievements are borked in general across all XB1 games? I've had occasional issues but I have yet to ever permanently miss out on an achievement. Everything has eventually unlocked for me.

ninanuam

Banned
Thanks. Hopefully I can tolerate the performance. Hopefully Miles is overblowing the achievements thing, lolz. I hate glitches achievements. Did you mean achievements are borked in general across all XB1 games? I've had occasional issues but I have yet to ever permanently miss out on an achievement. Everything has eventually unlocked for me.

I haven't found the achievements to be borked as such but they do seem to take some time to be added to the overall score, whereas they used to be instant.

Ive been on chat with xbox support for like 40 minutes trying to get this bundle shit sorted

ninanuam

Banned
Ended up buying re-elected on its own and the support staff refunding the cost.

The solution I asked for in the first 5 minutes took 50 minutes to get to.

I wonder why it made me re-download more than half of GooH and half of SRIV: Re-Elected as 'patches' but didn't take up extra harddrive space.

That is, unless I missed it when it changed. It didn't look like any difference was made, though, and I keep a pretty close eye on it.

While I did enjoy the game, I definitely hope it was mostly High Voltage. The only reason that I can see why they would be involved would be that the main Volition team is working on Saints Row 5.

I liked Gat in 1 and 2, but Christ they've taken his levels of Mary Sue to absurd levels in GOOH. Same with Kinzie. They don't even give her a proper justification for coming along beyond "'Cos I can get you out somehow".

I hope that
police reboot
ending is canon. Would be an interesting direction to go in.

dhlt25

I'm enjoying the game somewhat but holy crap it is bare bone as fuck. There are almost no story missions, everything is just a mini games collection which I don't play SR for. I skipped most of them when I played 3 and 4. And the fucking hell blazing missions are such hot garbage, the time limit is annoying as hell.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm enjoying the game somewhat but holy crap it is bare bone as fuck. There are almost no story missions, everything is just a mini games collection which I don't play SR for. I skipped most of them when I played 3 and 4. And the fucking hell blazing missions are such hot garbage, the time limit is annoying as hell.

Interestingly, the Hell Blazing missions were one of the few that I really, really enjoyed. It was an awesome challenge especially since I really likely the feel of the flying. Fwiw, I did have most of the flight upgrades by the time I was doing the missions.

Btw, I don't know how far you are, but you can unlock something to help alleviate the time limits.

Lijik

I liked Gat in 1 and 2, but Christ they've taken his levels of Mary Sue to absurd levels in GOOH. Same with Kinzie. They don't even give her a proper justification for coming along beyond "'Cos I can get you out somehow".

I get the feeling that Kinzie was added in somewhere in the middle of production when someone realized "Oh fuck we gotta have co-op". Some of the characters still refer to you as male when playing as her, while they made sure to always use they/them/there for the Boss. Its a weird oversight.

EDIT- I love Hellblazing but i dont like Salvation when it comes to the flying missions. I dont what it is about Salvation, but whenever I see it appear in a questline i groan.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I get the feeling that Kinzie was added in somewhere in the middle of production when someone realized "Oh fuck we gotta have co-op". Some of the characters still refer to you as male when playing as her, while they made sure to always use they/them/there for the Boss. Its a weird oversight.

EDIT- I love Hellblazing but i dont like Salvation when it comes to the flying missions. I dont what it is about Salvation, but whenever I see it appear in a questline i groan.

Kinzie does feel super late stage. Which is a bummer, because she is very high on the list of favorite characters, and it was annoying to see Gat get prominently featured in all the cutscenes and stuff. I wish the story would have adapted somewhat to me playing as Kinzie the entire time. As it stands, it looks like the only difference is
that before the final fight, if playing as kinzie you high five gat then say "Take it away!"
which is super tame and lame.

Lijik

Kinzie does feel super late stage. Which is a bummer, because she is very high on the list of favorite characters, and it was annoying to see Gat get prominently featured in all the cutscenes and stuff. I wish the story would have adapted somewhat to me playing as Kinzie the entire time. As it stands, it looks like the only difference is
that before the final fight, if playing as kinzie you high five gat then say "Take it away!"
which is super tame and lame.

Its really minor, but the mission banter is sometimes different with Kinzie. I noticed it doing the Armchair-ageddon mission because for some reason playing as gat was the only way I could get the chair to show up. Thats the only other change i picked up on.

dhlt25

Interestingly, the Hell Blazing missions were one of the few that I really, really enjoyed. It was an awesome challenge especially since I really likely the feel of the flying. Fwiw, I did have most of the flight upgrades by the time I was doing the missions.

Btw, I don't know how far you are, but you can unlock something to help alleviate the time limits.

I really enjoy flying around the city but the time limit on the hell blazing mission really ruin it for me. I often end up with 3,4 check point left after time limit runs out. I think part of the problem is that you have to fly continuously for a few minutes in those mission and my finger can't hold the Xbox1 bumper consistently down. I'm thinking about switching back to the 360 controller for this game, the X1 bumper is great if you just need to press it 1 time, not so much when you need to hold it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really enjoy flying around the city but the time limit on the hell blazing mission really ruin it for me. I often end up with 3,4 check point left after time limit runs out. I think part of the problem is that you have to fly continuously for a few minutes in those mission and my finger can't hold the Xbox1 bumper consistently down. I'm thinking about switching back to the 360 controller for this game, the X1 bumper is great if you just need to press it 1 time, not so much when you need to hold it.

Hellblazing is incredibly easy once you have the time limit extensions and all the flight upgrades. Like you can beat them all with 30+ seconds to spare no problem.

MCN

Banned
After the glorious GTA5 remaster, I was expecting SR4: Re-elected to be something a bit...I don't know, more.

Top Bottom