• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I brought my note 4 and didn't wait for note 5.

This is a huge step back. Samsung just doesn't get it. Sure they will be surprised when sales bomb on this just like s6.

Stop trying to make an iPhone.

I have a 9000mah battery on my note 4 with 64GB sd card.

Anybody have a good recommended battery for a note 4? Wanna get one for my GF and I'm not a galaxy user so my knowledge base is limited.

OT: looks iPhone-ish, I do like the note 4 from my time with it. I could see myself with one if I ever got a surface tablet to be my windows device.

Ashhong

NOPE!

Galaxy S5/Note 4 remain the best Samsung phones to-date.

Samsung has completely dropped the ball. The S5/Note 4 are great phones. REMOVING key standout features, like water resistance, is just mind-boggling.

The S5 is a good phone? I have one from my work and it is straight terrible. So slow, terrible battery. Hate it

Note 5 makes me glad I went with Note 4— skip year it is.

It looks hot though, and people who never bought into the note line yet are in for a sexy treat.

I don't think I can ever go back to a non-stylus phone, so I realty hope next year's offering is more compelling.

Yeah. I went from a Note 3 to an iPhone 6 and I've been missing my S Pen ever since.

The lack of expandable storage honestly isn't a huge deal for me but I'd like to have that removable battery. A shame because I enjoyed the feature when I had my Note 3 and wanted to go back to it after having my iPhone. I probably will deal with it and pick up the 64GB Note 5 since I do like the new S Pen features and 4 GBs of RAM will allow me to keep the phone for a while.

Koppai

NOPE!

Samsung has completely dropped the ball. The S5/Note 4 are great phones. REMOVING key standout features, like water resistance, is just mind-boggling.

Note 4 was not water proof either.

So I went to Sprint to do the cut your bill in half from AT&T, so 4 lines, four Galaxy Note 5's 64GB, 30GB data, $259 a month. :Z

jwk94

NOPE!

exactly why im going with the moto x style

Cronox

Banned
After the S6 we all knew what the Note 5 was going to be like. I wish the Moto X Pure edition coming next month had a removeable battery and was a little smaller, but I'll settle when what's coming from Samsung is such a regression, and expensive too.

jwk94

Reducing the size of the battery and making it non removable is a horrible move, especially with quick charge that will reduce battery life quicker.

SD card use just needs to die already, incredibly slow compared to native storage, much more limited use in Android 5 unless you hack it, confusing to casual users about where their photos, etc are located, i.e., Internal vs external sd card partition. That said, the sizes by Samsung are ridiculous in 2015, should start with 64gb and offer 128 and 256gb.

SD cards dont neeeed to die. Google needs to handle them better. Im not about to pay $100 more for more storage.

colafizz

Neo Member
Hugely disappointing but expected. Got another year left with my Note 4.. hopefully a comparably sized phone will be around then with OLED + sd slot.

jwk94

The fast charging makes up for the smaller battery

No it doesn't. You're still going to be tethered to your charger. You'd prefer to have to find an outlet or rely on some form of charging instead of a larger battery that eliminates that inconvenience?

Mortemis

Banned
I got to play around with it and it really is a nice phone. The note 5 feels really good in the hand even though it's pretty big and slippery, and everything is fast and nice. I've never had a phone with a removable battery or an sd card slot so those are non-issues for me.

Too bad they'll price it really high, I can't say I'll ever pay a lot of money for an android phone ever.

royalan

After the recent output of OnePlus, Motorola, and even LG... I'm really wondering why I would buy one of THESE phones...

I played with both today. I like the note more personally. Feels amazing in the hand IMO. Sucks about the battery/SD card tho
CMTdZTBUEAATILl.jpg

CMTSva-WUAUmhMg.jpg

I got hands-on with a Note 5 this morning. It feels good to me. I don't have any experience with previous Notes so I don't really know what to look for. The clicky pen has a nice feel to it

My my, how the mighty have fallen.

I need to find a good android alternative!

It's really Samsung's own fault too, they basically were the entire high end Android market and they threw it in the toilet and flushed. People will study how Samsung suicided their absolute dominance over Android in less than 3 years at Harvard Business School someday.

I fucking love my Note 3, it's the best phone I've ever owned. I'll be sticking with the Note line of phones and this announcement arouses me.

Struggle lookin mighty real for Samsung wtf

It actually makes sense. Note is geared more towards business and enterprise. With the inclusion of KNOX, some small businesses may consider these over Blackberries for productivity.

Can't wait for my leather Moto X or Huawei Nexus.

xJavonta

Banned
These are NICE devices. The Note 5 is a better choice than the Edge Plus imo. The new S Pen feels so so nice to use and having that quick release really does make the device feel that much more premium.

Wouldn't move away from my iPhone unless Android gets iMessage and Apple Music but if iOS didn't have those, I would grab either a Note 5 or S6 Edge (not plus). Samsung has been killing it

dhlt25

I don't really mind the non-removable battery or the no sd card thing. However, lower battery capacity is a deal breaker for me. I barely get 1 day of use from my note 3. Samsung has lost me with this one.

Sulik2

Samsung has no idea why their phones were popular do they? You aren't going to out iPhone the iPhone. Battery, SD Slot, water resistance, stock google, stylus and you a product a unique product offering someone can justify over an iPhone. Now? Why bother.

Skittles

Well, was going to buy the note 5 to upgrade from my s5 but not now. Shit looks like an iphone and you can't remove the battery or put in a sd card

Trash all around. So glad I got a Note 4 and not the S6 and didn't wait for this shit. Maybe the whole world should overlook these so Samsung can go back to being Samsung and not Same Shit As Apple. Ridiculous. I can't even spin what they're doing.

xJavonta

Banned
Note 4 was not water proof either.

So I went to Sprint to do the cut your bill in half from AT&T, so 4 lines, four Galaxy Note 5's 64GB, 30GB data, $259 a month. :Z
Yeah but now you're on Sprint lmao
I say this as a sprint customer that sells sprint service. It sucks. Way behind AT&T and Verizon.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Samsung should of just released a phone that looked like the s6 with all the key features of the s5.

S6 speed and finger print sensor with water proofing, removable battery and micro sd card.

Coming from someone who owned a s5 and currently an s6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom