• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Santa Monica and Ubisoft sale on NA PSN

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Whats up with these Ubi prices. None of them seem like a good deal.

Does anyone have an opinion on Sound shapes?

Considering purchasing the ultimate bundle.

Also, is anyone else unable to do so?
I check the page for the bundle, but there is no purchase icon.
Sound Shapes is fantastic. Fun little platformer and, as you can expect, the soundtrack is terrific. The levels are designed around the soundtrack.

How is GoW collection on the Vita?

Good actually. A lot of PS2 and PS3 games got butchered on the way to Vita, but this is one of the good ones. It's no FFX or MGS collection, but it's pretty solid. Nothing extra, just the games as they were on PS2 more or less.

Also, is anyone else unable to do so?
I check the page for the bundle, but there is no purchase icon.

Sound shapes is awesome. The platforming is a bit on the easy side, but the way it syncs up with the great music is awesome.

ghibli99

It's fun, but it is more a platformer with musical overtones vs. a pure rhythm game. Your character is more physics-based IIRC, so jumps/movement feel a bit more 'floaty' than a traditional platformer too. Levels are fun, there are individual challenges that give you a ton of trophies (it's a relatively easy plat), and a music/beat building mode where you have to construct beats solely on you listening to a beat and putting the pieces together. Most are pretty simple, but some will take you some time to get right. Overall, I really like Sound Shapes, and there is a lot of curated UGC to keep you busy once you're through all the official levels.

Woetyler

The order 1886 is the best telltale

BTZ5SrI.gif

corin7

Neo Member
Insane price for The Order, well worth it. I think I paid $8 when it went on sale last year and I really enjoyed the ride.

Yeah the game gets too much shit imo. The game play is just serviceable and the boss fights are pretty meh. But it is absolutely gorgeous with a fun story. I really enjoyed my time with it and may even go back and platinum it at some point. It is not a bad game just fell far short of it's potential. Definitely worth picking up at this price.

How is GoW collection on the Vita?

Good actually. A lot of PS2 and PS3 games got butchered on the way to Vita, but this is one of the good ones. It's no FFX or MGS collection, but it's pretty solid. Nothing extra, just the games as they were on PS2 more or less.

Umm.. GoW collection on Vita is generally felt to be a pretty bad port. They're playable but it's sub-native res and frequently sub-30fps, which is a big adjustment if you're used to playing GoW1 and 2 at 60. It's playable, but it's not really a good port by any stretch of the imagination.

Umm.. GoW collection on Vita is generally felt to be a pretty bad port. They're playable but it's sub-native res and frequently sub-30fps, which is a big adjustment if you're used to playing GoW1 and 2 at 60. It's playable, but it's not really a good port by any stretch of the imagination.

If you say so. I haven't played it since it came out. I also haven't played GoW1 or 2 since the PS2 days. I don't remember if they were 30 or 60fps.
I just remember it being way better than Borderlands 2 and MK9.

g23

European pre-madonna
I siege worth getting into nowadays? As someone who used to play the original Call of Duty Search and Destroy religiously.

Mr. Hyde

I will probably grab The Order since I love interactive movie games and AC Black Flag due to loving a pirate setting. I've only played AC2.

Do people still play The Division?

I'm tempted by the deluxe edition. I played a bit at launch, and I'm dying for some good NYC action.

I could get it on PC but I feel like with the Pro patch it would actually be better on that then my G4560/RX470

If you say so. I haven't played it since it came out. I also haven't played GoW1 or 2 since the PS2 days. I don't remember if they were 30 or 60fps.
I just remember it being way better than Borderlands 2 and MK9.

GOW1 and 2 were 60fps on PS2 - they're often held up as examples of great graphics, art and framerate in one package.

You're right - they're not total disasters, but they're pretty weak ports, and particularly weak for GoW games. They're the only portable option so that's something, but definitely this shouldn't be the first way someone experiences them.

ryseing

Whats up with these Ubi prices. None of them seem like a good deal.

The AC Collection really hasn't dropped in price anywhere, so $30 is actually solid for the two good games.

How is Trials of The Blood Dragon? I love Trials series but haven't really followed this one. Is it a good Trials game?

NONONONONO

It adds awful platforming and shooting sections. I was excited by the concept but the product is BAD.

CREMSteve

Do people still play The Division?

I'm tempted by the deluxe edition. I played a bit at launch, and I'm dying for some good NYC action.

I could get it on PC but I feel like with the Pro patch it would actually be better on that then my G4560/RX470
I bought the bare game a few weeks ago and have been playing it a lot since. There's a lot of people playing, matchmaking literally takes seconds for anything I've tried so far.

ethomaz

Banned
Is the order an easy platinum?
Took me less than 7 hours :p

Most trophies you get just doing the half-story (I won't call it a story because this game has only half of it)... after that you just need few minutes in chapter select to get the missing trophies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I siege worth getting into nowadays? As someone who used to play the original Call of Duty Search and Destroy religiously.

Its still going strong. Ubisoft is still supporting it this year with the second season pass, which can be unlocked by playing the game.

I havent played it much but if you want a slower paced, more tactical FPS than your average shooter you really cant go wrong with Siege.

Velcro Fly

I'm already playing God of War 3 on my PS3 but for $6 I'm going to buy it for PS4 and play it at a later date.

Also those are some nice sales on the rest of the God of War games.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Unbelievable that the Assassin's Creed Syndicate Season Pass is still not on sale. Why stick it to people who bought the game separately? I can buy the Gold Edition for $28 (game + season pass), but the Season Pass is still $30.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anybody have any hot takes on Sorcery for $1.49?

I played it on PC and it's great, easily worth such a pittance, but... "requires Move"? Wut??

Edit: ohhhh it's not the same game hahaha. I was thinking of the adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery! gamebooks which came out on PC and mobile. But this is something completely different. I have no idea about that game, but if it's a Move game, it's probably trash.

Unbelievable that the Assassin's Creed Syndicate Season Pass is still not on sale. Why stick it to people who bought the game separately? I can buy the Gold Edition for $28 (game + season pass), but the Season Pass is still $30.

That's pretty much how it always is. You get penalized for not buying the bundle.

HF2014

Tough decision, a bag of Doritos and a Coke or The Order? One will give 15 minutes of joy and feed me, the other...

ryseing

I played it on PC and it's great, easily worth such a pittance, but... "requires Move"? Wut??

Edit: ohhhh it's not the same game hahaha. I was thinking of the adaptation of Steve Jackson's Sorcery! gamebooks which came out on PC and mobile. But this is something completely different. I have no idea about that game, but if it's a Move game, it's probably trash.

Sorcery the Move game actually isn't half bad. Decently fun adventure game that does some creative stuff.

Top Bottom