• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant because she works for Trump

Dunki

How come this is legal? Dear God...

It's cool, but you need to stop selling arguable assessments as "grass is green".

That's commie ways, the worst part of it.
Same is going on in Germany with the AFD and yeah this is ridiculous that this kind of shit is allowed. Imagine republicans would do this with democrats and how the media would destroy that Store.

So just to be clear, is "lying sack of shit" an actual political stance/ideology, or not?

For instance, if Sarah Sanders asks me out and I say, "No, because you're a lying sack of shit", am I refusing her based on her political beliefs?

Or if for instance, a person happens to walk past Sarah Sanders and enquire into the reason why she's such a lying sack of shit, is that simply seen as a request to learn more about her political affiliation?

Last edited:

Dunki

So just to be clear, is "lying sack of shit" an actual political stance/ideology or not?

For instance, if Sarah Sanders asks me out and I say, "No, because you're a lying sack of shit", am I refusing her based on her political beliefs?

Or if for instance, a person happens to walk past Sarah Sanders and enquire into the reason why she's such a lying sack of shit, is that simply seen as a request to learn more about her political affiliation?
Dating and service is a total different thing. You can not deny service because you do not agree with the other persons opinion. People who did that even at starbucks were fired. With the bakery it was a special kind of service because it has something to do with his religion. But he also tried to give them alternatives. This here was straight up denying Service for no other reason than I do not agree with you.

But ok lets say someone comes into a store with a BLM shirt and that person gets denied service. Still ok?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Their restaurant their rules. It was just deemed ok to not serve gay people a damn cake. Gay people. So the law is on the restaurants side.

But the kicker? Being gay isn’t a choice.

However... Being a total lying sack of shit and working for worse, while sticking up for their lies, is.

If she doesn’t like it, there are plenty of other places where she can eat her food with spit in it.

/imo

Last edited:

Dunki

Their restaurant their rules. It was just seemed ok to not serve gay people a damn cake. Gay people. So the law is on the restaurants side.

However... Being a total lying sack of shit and working for worse, while sticking up for their lies, is.

If she doesn’t like it, there are plenty of other places where she can eat her food with spit in it.

/imo
So soon store will be separated between democratic and republicans only store? whats next? No feminists? no ICE no BLM, no one who eats meat, no vegans, no people older than 30 and so on. No people with colorfult shirts, no people with long hair. and so on.....

Last edited:
Dating and service is a total different thing. You can not deny service because you do not agree with the other persons opinion. People who did that even at starbucks were fired. With the bakery it was a special kind of service because it has something to do with his religion. But he also tried to give them alternatives. This here was straight up denying Service for no other reason than I do not agree with you.

But ok lets say someone comes into a store with a BLM shirt and that person gets denied service. Still ok?
I just wanted to know if being a lying sack of shit was a political stance.

It seems that were making slight progress though, as it seems being a lying sack of shit is not only possibly a political ideology, but also an opinion?

Like for instance, if Sarah Sanders called me up to do her Smokey eye makeup before going out to dinner and I said, "No, you lying sack of shit", am I denying her my service based on her political affiliation, her opinion, or maybe both?

Last edited:

Dunki

I just wanted to know if being a lying sack of shit was a political stance.

It seems that were making slight progress though, as it seems being a lying sack of shit is not only possibly a political ideology, but also an opinion?

Like for instance, if Sarah Sanders called me up to do her Smokey eye makeup before going out to dinner and I said, "No, you lying sack of shit", am I denying her my service based on her political affiliation, her opinion, or both?
If this is your reasoning and argumentation "a lying sack of shit" you would deny most people entrance and service. Beside this was not the owners reasoning at all. Also a personal date is still something something totally different.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So soon store will be separated between democratic and republicans only store? whats next? No feminists? no ICE no BLM, no one who eats meat, no vegans, no people older than 30 and so on. No people with colorfult shirts, no people with long hair. and so on.....

It’s their restaurant. The whole staff agreed to not serve her. Not based on something she has no choice over such as being black, or Muslim, or gay, but because they believe that this woman and this president are destroying the world.

And they would be right.

Again, a bakery was just awarded the right to not serve gays. That is now the president that America goes by.

Don’t like it? Don’t set it then.

To be fair, I will openly help, talk to and be friendly with anybody regardless of how they look.

But a racist lying sack of shit is a sack of shit, no matter what colour it is. And that’s where I draw the line.

If this is your reasoning and argumentation "a lying sack of shit" you would deny most people entrance and service. Beside this was not the owners reasoning at all. Also a personal date is still something something totally different.

Man, I'm just asking if being a lying sack of shit is a political stance/opinion/etc.

Also, owners reasoning:
The restaurant has certain standards I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty and compassion and cooperation.

I'd say Sanders being a lying sack of shit is in line with the managers quoted reasoning for refusing her.

Again, unless we are saying that being a lying sack of shit really is just a political identity or an opinion.

Edit:
Also.

People who make excuses In other threads for shops in Japan that refuse to serve foreigners, and then wring their hands in concern about one restaurant denying service to a lying sack of shit in America....are pretty strange...Don't you think?

Last edited:

Dunki

It’s their restaurant. The whole staff agreed to not serve her. Not based on something she has no choice over such as being black, or Muslim, or gay, but because they believe that this woman and this president are destroying the world.

And they would be right.

Again, a bakery was just awarded the right to not serve gays. That is now the president that America goes by.

Don’t like it? Don’t set it then.

To be fair, I will openly help, talk to and be friendly with anybody regardless of how they look.

But a racist lying sack of shit is a sack of shit, no matter what colour it is. And that’s where I draw the line.

First of all Muslim is not something you are born with and it is a choice. So here you actually could deny a Muslim Service. Secondly if you are black and the person does not want to serve you they just need to use a different reasoning. Like a BLM member which he/she sees as a terrorist organization. Or how he /she does not like the shirt your are wearing etc. This opens the can or so many things you do not even seem to be aware of.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I don’t see faith as a choice myself, personally, any more than I see being a vegetarian a choice. Yes, you could be forced into something else, but then that’s forcing you.

Personally, for me, I wouldn’t have even asked the staff. I would have gone full Mos Eisley cantina on her and just told her “we don’t serve your kind here”.

Last edited:

Dunki

I don’t see faith as a choice myself, personally, any more than I see being a vegetarian a choice. Yes, you could be forced into something else, but then that’s forcing you.

Personally, for me, I wouldn’t have even asked the staff. I would have gone full Mos Eisley cantina in her and just told her “we don’t serve your kind here”.
So you would be ok if a restaurant would deny service to you based on your political views or your job? I certainly would not.

Dunki

Okay, so we're confirming that being a lying sack of shit is a political stance/position?
That was again not the reasoning for her. He reasoning were her political position.... and that their employees fllet "scared" or uncomfortable lol

RPGCrazied

I now have the urge to eat at this place. Specially now with Trump chiming in. They need an online store and sell shirts. They are going to be booked solid for years now. Thanks Trump!

JCK75

My social media feed is filled with Sanders hatred calling her a hypocrite based on the Wedding Cake situation, maybe it's just me but I find a big difference between suing someone in the highest court in the land and saying "this happened and it kind of sucks" on social media.

23qwerty

The Democrat Party hasn't had an ounce of tolerance since we took their slaves away.
you really gonna parrot the disingenuous idea that it was the democrat party on that side as if the sides didn't switch at that point..

oh i guess that is what you'd do huh..

My social media feed is filled with Sanders hatred calling her a hypocrite based on the Wedding Cake situation, maybe it's just me but I find a big difference between suing someone in the highest court in the land and saying "this happened and it kind of sucks" on social media.

through an official government account violating US ethics laws huh,,,

She knew exactly what she was doing lmao

The state of this site is sad, no surprise though.

Coming back here for a few laughs just led to disappointment..

Last edited:

Moneal

you really gonna parrot the disingenuous idea that it was the democrat party on that side as if the sides didn't switch at that point..

It didn't even start with her. One of the employees of the restaurant were bragging about it on twitter. She just responded that it was true.

JCK75

So the racists left the part? when
Was it with the father of the progressive movement Woodrow Wilson who had a showing of "Birth of a Nation" in the white house or with FDR who locked away the Japanese Americans?
All the party did was go from hating blacks to thinking they are incapable of surviving without their superior progressive assistance and doing so in exchange for votes.
Robert Byrd ended his career on the same side
Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church ran as a Democrat.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

After White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and her family were kicked out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday evening, the owner of the establishment followed the group and kept berating them, Mike Huckabee, Sanders’ father and the former Arkansas governor, told Fox Business on Monday.

“In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”
“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”

www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/sarah-sanders-heckled-by-red-hen-owner-even-after-leaving-mike-huckabee-says.amp.html

Sounds like the owner of The Red Hen restaurant went a little batshit and followed the party beyond the boundaries of her establishment.

BANGS

Banned
2cx4qa.jpg

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
?

I find the bolded part very disingenuous. Most white American "Christians" are anti-gay and often racist. While they can no longer use their religion as an excuse to be racist (but they used to), they can still use religion to be homophobic. Hiding behind religion to be a dick should not be protected.

Dev1lXYZ

I find the bolded part very disingenuous. Most white American "Christians" are anti-gay and often racist. While they can no longer use their religion as an excuse to be racist (but they used to), they can still use religion to be homophobic. Hiding behind religion to be a dick should not be protected.

That is the most disingenuous comment I have ever read on NeoGaf. “White American Christians” 😂
I’m calling bullshit. Have you ever been in a church? You obviously have never been in a black one. I’d argue that black Christians are more conservative than white ones. We accept homosexuals into our congregations, but acknowledge it is sinful behavior. Love the sinner, not the sin.

Last edited:

ic3cait

Banned
Their restaurant their rules. It was just deemed ok to not serve gay people a damn cake. Gay people. So the law is on the restaurants side.

Wrong. They didn't "win the right not to serve gays for being gay." Let me explain this to you like I would a child so that you understand the basics of what happened (Americans don't spell 'color' with a u) and what the court case was ultimately about;

- gay couple goes to bakery
- asks for specialized cake for wedding
- baker refuses on religious grounds

This is perfectly legal according to the US Constitution. The freedom of religion clause naturally means one is free to practice their religion. One must not be forced to violate that religion by the state within reason. Pretty simple. Christian doesn't support gay marriage? He isn't forced, by law, to cater a gay wedding. It doesn't mean he can kill any gay person he sees for being a heathen or whatever. Okay?

In the bakery case, the State of Colorado decided, "nope, the first amendment isn't real because we hate Christians." Go read their ruling. It's delusional and hystericaly anti-Christian. The baker appealed. It went to the Supreme Court. They ruled (7-2 so it included a few liberals) in the baker's favor that the State of Colorado violated the US Constitition in their ruling. The end. "People can refuse to serve gays now" is 100% fake news.

Those people are morons. See above.

Nope. You might want to read the actual statutes before parroting what you hear from far left activists on social media (or fake news CNN, MSNBC, etc.)

Most white American "Christians" are anti-gay and often racist.

And the anti-white racism and anti-christian... well, there isn't a word for that, is there? Hate muslims? Islamophobic. Hate jews? Anti-semitic. Hate Christians? Progressive and tolerant.

Moneal

Do you have a source to this? There is a big difference between white american christians and white evangelicals. there was a poll showing the latter was anti- gay, but definitely not the former. white mainline protestants and white catholics overwhelmingly favor anti discrimination policies.

[baker has to make gay cakes]
[restaurant doesn't have to serve sanders]

It's not a great argument to present this as a "pick one" situation. Political affiliation isn't a protected class, and denying a request to a protected class isn't the same as denying service to a protected class.

My opinion is if someone doesn't want to make a cake for your gay wedding, you probably shouldn't want to give them your business. And denying service due to political affiliation is perfectly legal, but it also widens the "us vs them" divide, and is a door that's best remained closed.

BANGS

Banned
It's not a great argument to present this as a "pick one" situation. Political affiliation isn't a protected class, and denying a request to a protected class isn't the same as denying service to a protected class.

My opinion is if someone doesn't want to make a cake for your gay wedding, you probably shouldn't want to give them your business. And denying service due to political affiliation is perfectly legal, but it also widens the "us vs them" divide, and is a door that's best remained closed.
I agree with that. I also think that if we're not gonna protect people from stuff like this, then we shouldn't have protected classes at all...

nemiroff

Gold Member
After White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and her family were kicked out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday evening, the owner of the establishment followed the group and kept berating them, Mike Huckabee, Sanders’ father and the former Arkansas governor, told Fox Business on Monday.

“In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”
“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”

www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/25/sarah-sanders-heckled-by-red-hen-owner-even-after-leaving-mike-huckabee-says.amp.html

Yeah, it's crazy, she actually stalked them to the other restaurant and tried to drive them out..

Sounds like the owner of The Red Hen restaurant went a little batshit and followed the party beyond the boundaries of her establishment.

Sounds like she needs to close her restaurant for a day and send herself to some diversity-of-thought training..

And then I also observed Maxine Waters crawl out of from under her rock yesterday to start incite violence.. I wonder what happens when these people figure out (yeah right..) that the same "I'm on the correct side, and I can use any means necessary!"-logic can easily be flipped around and used on themselves. I find it very perplexing that they appear to feel like it's utterly impossible that their opinions aren't "special".

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
This is some incredibly petty shit. Is this what the American society has come to? Not serving food because of the customers political views?

BANGS

Banned
This is some incredibly petty shit. Is this what the American society has come to? Not serving food because of the customers political views?
As much as I hate to say it, I really wish people could remember how we all felt in the fall of 2001. Really brings this bullshit into perspective...

BANGS

Banned
IMO, I think 9/11 planted the seeds for the American divide you see today.
I disagree. That seed was planted by Obama's imaginary son... 9/11 had the entire country singing kumbahya holding hands... with the exception of some idiots hating on middle eastern people at the time...

Last edited:

Naudi

Banned

If people want to limit the who they can sell to and go out of business go right ahead. Free market right? Lying sack of shit is not a protected class...yet.

If people want to limit the who they can sell to and go out of business go right ahead. Free market right? Lying sack of shit is not a protected class...yet.

Not sure why it shouldn't be if religion is. Religion is just a set of opinions, after all.

oagboghi2

Do liberals actually think this makes them look good. Cmparing half the country to nazi's, comparing our laws tot h holocaust, Heckling people out of stores, Congressman Maxine Waters calling for violence, shooting people at baseball games...

Strange moves.

And now Sarah Sanders is being issued Secret Service protection. Seems the left are doing even more heinous shit that we're not hearing about.

http://archive.is/z4lYs
Of course she is getting a horde of death threats. This will totally win them florida.

Last edited:
Wrong. They didn't "win the right not to serve gays for being gay." Let me explain this to you like I would a child so that you understand the basics of what happened (Americans don't spell 'color' with a u) and what the court case was ultimately about;

- gay couple goes to bakery
- asks for specialized cake for wedding
- baker refuses on religious grounds

This is perfectly legal according to the US Constitution. The freedom of religion clause naturally means one is free to practice their religion. One must not be forced to violate that religion by the state within reason. Pretty simple. Christian doesn't support gay marriage? He isn't forced, by law, to cater a gay wedding. It doesn't mean he can kill any gay person he sees for being a heathen or whatever. Okay?

In the bakery case, the State of Colorado decided, "nope, the first amendment isn't real because we hate Christians." Go read their ruling. It's delusional and hystericaly anti-Christian. The baker appealed. It went to the Supreme Court. They ruled (7-2 so it included a few liberals) in the baker's favor that the State of Colorado violated the US Constitition in their ruling. The end. "People can refuse to serve gays now" is 100% fake news.

Those people are morons. See above.

Nope. You might want to read the actual statutes before parroting what you hear from far left activists on social media (or fake news CNN, MSNBC, etc.)

And the anti-white racism and anti-christian... well, there isn't a word for that, is there? Hate muslims? Islamophobic. Hate jews? Anti-semitic. Hate Christians? Progressive and tolerant.

Islamophobic is a fear of Muslims... it's in the word... No one is afraid of the Christians in the US, because they're already here. There's one group that you don't even mention that is despised more than any of those listed here, and you're not looking to protect them.

This whole tribalism bullshit has to stop. It's awful for our country.

Gold_Loot

Anyone that compares this to the gay cake case are either misinformed, or just plainly obtuse.

The baker only refused to make a custom gay wedding themed cake. The couple were not mistreated or thrown out, and the baker gave them the option of selecting a pre made design.

That’s quite a bit different to what the Red Hen did to Mrs Sanders. The hate mob that followed the in laws across the street isn’t a good look either.

The true colors of these people are really shining through.

ic3cait

Banned
Islamophobic is a fear of Muslims... it's in the word...

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word islamophobic means; Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force. So, it has nothing to do with "fear of islam" but a "dislike of islam," you know, what I said.

No one is afraid of the Christians in the US, because they're already here.

I didn't say people feared Christianity. I said it was considered progressive and tolerant to hate Christianity in the West. Notice how there's no word for that?

There's one group that you don't even mention that is despised more than any of those listed here, and you're not looking to protect them.

I'm not a mind reader, bro.

This whole tribalism bullshit has to stop. It's awful for our country.

It might help if people on CNN, MSNBC, etc. stopped referring to Trump, and all of his supporters, as Hitler/Nazis on a daily basis.

Last edited:
And now Sarah Sanders is being issued Secret Service protection. Seems the left are doing even more heinous shit that we're not hearing about.

I heard an interview with Sanders father. He claims not only was she and her party asked to leave the restaurant, but after they left and went to a place across the street, the owner of the Red Hen followed her, and incited a mob to stand outside the other restaurant yelling in protest. And Sanders herself left the new restaurant and one of the people who was dining with her, an in law, who is not conservative and doesn't like Trump, had to go outside and tell the mob that Sarah already left, and that the people still eating don't like Trump and they're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not surprised at all she has secret service protection. Especially after dog whistle calls for violence by crackpots like Maxine Waters. I could imagine some unstable person doing something crazy, like the Bernie Sanders fan that shot up the Congressional baseball game. I don't even doubt if someone shot Sarah Sanders that many leftists would say she deserved it. :rolleyes:

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word islamophobic means; Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force. So, it has nothing to do with "fear of islam" but a "dislike of islam," you know, what I said.

I didn't say people feared Christianity. I said it was considered progressive and tolerant to hate Christianity in the West. Notice how there's no word for that?

I'm not a mind reader, bro.

It might help if people on CNN, MSNBC, etc. stopped referring to Trump, and all of his supporters, as Hitler/Nazis on a daily basis.

Are you able to look at your post and reflect on how you might be contributing to tribalism? If you can, then good on you. If you can't, then maybe some self-examination is in order.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I love how the left was outraged at that chick from Kentucky(?) who refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple because of her religious beliefs and then is perfectly ok with a restaurant not serving Sarah Sanders because of the administration she works for.

And vice versa, the right is outraged at this latest story, but were perfectly fine with the woman from Kentucky doing what she did.

Now obviously there are slight differences. One is a choice(Sanders' field of employment) and the other is not(homosexuality) but on the other hand one was just refused and one was asked to leave the establishment. The basic premise is still the same, refusing someone services simply because you don't agree with something they stand for. Which legal or not, is extremely fucking childish. At the end of the day, what does all of this nonsense accomplish other than to make you feel proud of yourself for 5 seconds or to go brag about it on social media so you can have someone in your political or social spectrum cheer you on for attention? Just be nice to each other, even if you disagree with them and the world would be a much better place. None of this nonsense accomplishes anything, but more tired arguing and outrage.

Everyone loves to support something as long as it fits their agenda, even if it's completely hypocritical of the arguments and reasons they use to support it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom