• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAVE repayment plan student loan question...

Wife applied for SAVE plan. All calculators are showing our payment should be $0.

Together we're at 88K adjusted gross income, family of 7.

$28K in student loans.

They're saying we owe just over $300 per month.

I'm not paying that and I think they screwed something up.

How do I see what the current plan is? Did they not put her on the SAVE plan maybe?? Help?

These were government backed student loans right? These are the best loans in the world, you really should take your time paying these off as the government has incentive to help you and will pull levers such as student loan pause during covid and there is ever so growing momentum of getting it cancelled all together.

If they are not those government stafford loans, then I think it's a little more complicated. To be honest, I didn't even think they qualified for the SAVE plans.

Last edited:
These were government backed student loans right? These are the best loans in the world, you really should take your time paying these off as the government has incentive to help you and will pull levers such as student loan pause during covid and there is ever so growing momentum of getting it cancelled all together.

If they are not those government stafford loans, then I think it's a little more complicated. To be honest, I didn't even think they qualified for the SAVE plans.
Yeah it's a federal, not private loan. I wouldnt have a problem paying them off, but if I can instead pay nothing...well that would be great. According to all the calculators I've tried I should owe $0 per month under the SAVE plan.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a federal, not private loan. I wouldnt have a problem paying them off, but if I can instead pay nothing...well that would be great. According to all the calculators I've tried I should owe $0 per month under the SAVE plan.
I know earlier in the year the service provider of the loans changed for some. Great lakes to Nelnet or similar. Have you been able to login to that?

Just as an update if anyone else is in the same situation. The SAVE plan just hadn't gone through yet. It now has and our payment dropped to $0/month.

Laieon

I'm single, live alone with no dependents, owe 50k and make around $60k/yr and SAVE has me at $200ish a month, so something absolutely seems off with what they're quoting you.

Edit: lol, this is what I get for not reading through the thread. Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom