• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scam Citizen: Squadron 42 Full 9min Leaked cutscene - No Gameplay

TxKnight7

video is 720 but damn this game will look unbelievable at 4K 60fps

But can it run Squadron 42 ?

Henry Cavill, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, John Rhys-Davies ,Gary Oldman, Mark strong, Andy Serkis, it's a scam

rNOaD6D.jpg

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
If you consider this ingame and not cinematics it is not so bad. And we already have Star citizen to see what the game can be. I hope that the game will not be too bad. There is not enough sci-fi AAA games.
They could have made an actual space program with that money by the way.
black sails reaction s GIF

This is so mean. But almost true. Please be gentle with the people who still believe in Star Citizen potential?

i struggle to find a fuck to give.

if it ever comes out i might then think about it. but yeah suppose it looks good and it bloody well should for the amount of money they are making off fools.

MadAnon

It would've looked amazing maybe 5-10 years ago. Now it's just ok. But it was expected when you are in such a development hell and need to constantly rework assets, animations, pipelines just to keep up.

Inviusx

It would've looked amazing maybe 5-10 years ago. Now it's just ok. But it was expected when you are in such a development hell and need to constantly rework assets, animations, pipelines just to keep up.

Yes and I think that's partly why it's taking so long as Chris Roberts is a massive trend chaser when it comes to technology.

i struggle to find a fuck to give.

if it ever comes out i might then think about it. but yeah suppose it looks good and it bloody well should for the amount of money they are making off fools.

Fresh outta fucks years ago mate.

I might still have some left for games with realistic development timelines. We'll be lucky if we get anything at the tail end of this gen with this lot.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Some of those old guys will probably be dead by the time this thing launches. If it ever does. I feel sorry for anyone who spent money on this thing.

fatmarco

I don't understand why the crew of this squadron is so elderly, like I get Chris Roberts has old actor friends but it's a game, age them down. Why is this game Space Grandpas?
The Squadron, as in the people in the fighters, appear to be Jack Huston and Henry Cavill though.

Ironbunny

I don't understand why the crew of this squadron is so elderly, like I get Chris Roberts has old actor friends but it's a game, age them down. Why is this game Space Grandpas?

Not everything needs to be CW teen drama. And considering that the release date is still unknown maybe us backers can better relate for the charecters as we will be playing this in our elderly nursing home.

Akuji

Looks fucking awesome.

As a pc gamer i just dont feel like theres a need to say "THIS" is a pc game. Development is bloated and the reality is, next gen consoles will have games that looks on par.
We have higher FPS and maybe resolution :p but no need so start something with a game that is that long in development.

Lets wait for full path traced games for that.

I feel sorry for anyone who spent money on this thing.
not me. if someone is stupid enough to spend money on this thing then they deserve it.

maybe i feel a bit sorry for those who backed it way back when it was first announced or in maybe the first year or two. everyone else since and i'm talking since like 2014... nah

Last edited:
Looks fucking awesome.

As a pc gamer i just dont feel like theres a need to say "THIS" is a pc game. Development is bloated and the reality is, next gen consoles will have games that looks on par.
We have higher FPS and maybe resolution :p but no need so start something with a game that is that long in development.

Lets wait for full path traced games for that.
despite all it's faults i will give the game credit for pushing PCs hard. i miss those days where a new game would come out and it would absolutely wreck your PC. even if you had the best PC money could buy it still might not run great. PC games used to be designed for future hardware. Everyone is so obsessed with "maxing out" a game on PC now and get upset if they can't do it. Most PC games now are just basic ports of console games with maybe a few settings that push it a bit further. Even if you max it out then it doesn't look noticeably better for the sake of "parity" and "fairness".

I want a game that will make my PC sweat if I try maxing it out. People need to stop worrying about running at max settings. If all you can do is run it at High :messenger_face_screaming: or medium or even low then fine. It's not the end of the world. I want a game that has punishing settings that I can't use and that will scale up over time.

Off the top of my head I remember the hairworks setting in Witcher 3 which was demanding and I could never play with it on because it tanked performance. Despite having a PC that met the recommended requirements I had to run it at low/medium settings mostly and deal with drops to about 40fps in some areas. It wasn't until maybe a year or two later when I got a new GPU that I could crank up my settings.

My current GPU is 4 years old and so far i've only had 2 games that I struggled with. Cyberpunk 2077 i could actually run at 1440p 60fps with "max" settings. Turning on RTX would tank FPS to about 20fps at times. And Flight Simulator I had to lock to 30fps and even then i was still getting drops to 20fps. That game hits hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom