• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scam Citizen: Squadron 42 Full 9min Leaked cutscene - No Gameplay

Portugeezer

Tlou 2 is better 🤣

HarmlessHollowGiraffe-max-1mb.gif

TxKnight7

"yep that's a pc game!"

Where? I didn't see any game there, I saw a cinematic movie trailer.
As someone said
this video was from an internal review, and its scenes are rendered on client (these aren’t pre-rendered scenes).
The cinematics and gameplay are the same. You can switch from watching the cinematic views to your player view anytime during the game. They demonstrated this and talked about it on the old squadron 42 demo.

TheGecko

Banned
As someone said
this video was from an internal review, and its scenes are rendered on client (these aren’t pre-rendered scenes).
The cinematics and gameplay are the same. You can switch from watching the cinematic views to your player view anytime during the game. They demonstrated this and talked about it on the old squadron 42 demo.

I don't give a fuck if it was CGI or rendered in real time.... Wheres the gameplay?

This is the problem. This is why we get SHIT because "Gamers" start pissing their pants at stuff like this, saying oh what an amazing game, this games going to be great.... Its a damn fucking movie scene.

Ribi

We both know this is not what I was talking about. But feel free to be „funny“
You said price tag. That's the only price tag is see? Oh did you mean the price tag of star citizen? That's 45$ or 35$ when on sale. My apologies for the confusion I thought this was about sq42

shubik

You said price tag. That's the only price tag is see? Oh did you mean the price tag of star citizen? That's 45$ or 35$ when on sale. My apologies for the confusion I thought this was about sq42
With price tag I meant the developing costs of this scam project. How many years and how many millions down the drain are we now?

RespawnX

Honestly the faces already look outdated but i guess it's expected giving the dev time.

You mean because they are on par with todays pre-rendered faces? Wait until you get to know they are still running dx11 and don’t use ray tracing.

Now tell console people that these planets are actually full-sized and not some textures and the nebulas rendered as 3D clouds and not sky boxes. That’s why people keep waiting and waiting. There is nothing comparable in scale and ambition. Even if shit was just moved back again - to 2024 🥲.

Ribi

With price tag I meant the developing costs of this scam project. How many years and how many millions down the drain are we now?
Why aren't you commenting on the 25$ entry fee? That's fucking cheap. I didn't spend a million to get access I spent $25

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Lmao at consoles "players" saying it looks outdated. The PS5 or Series X/S would just burn trying to run this with the same quality.
You can attack the game on delay, or on the budget, or anything BUT graphically it is one of the best tech demo out there.

Lasha

Scam implies that RSI is taking the money and running. There are way easier ways to run a scam than opening multiple offices around the world and staffing them with hundreds of people. Star Citizen suffers from scope creep because RSI lacks the constraint of a publisher. The sandbox delivered so far is substantial and it continues to grow with each update.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Why are people comparing this to Sony games? Holy shit. 😂
Because this forum is mostly populated with consoles fans (please note I didn't say fanboys), unable to see beyond their little world and rehashing what they read on Gameblog.
Too sad because there is some REAL critiques that could be made, but "UH OH IT LOOKS OUTDATED UH LAST OF US II GnNnnNnNNnNN"

What's funny is that I saw a few saying "where is the gameplay" while I honestly think the same about TLOU II.

VN1X

Banned
Because this forum is mostly populated with consoles fans (please note I didn't say fanboys), unable to see beyond their little world and rehashing what they read on Gameblog.
Too sad because there is some REAL critiques that could be made, but "UH OH IT LOOKS OUTDATED UH LAST OF US II GnNnnNnNNnNN"

What's funny is that I saw a few saying "where is the gameplay" while I honestly think the same about TLOU II.
After reading through this thread I wanted to post some bait along the lines of: "Looks better than anything Sony has ever put out" but I figure a ban isn't worth it.

But yeah you're right, some bizarre posting going on lol.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Lots of suckers in this thread I see. Trying to justify the money you've spent? It doesn't look like anything special. Certainly not for half a billion dollars. Your average Sony first-party game is better because they're actual games that have shipped. This is never going to be anything more than a tech demo. An unremarkable one a that.

Ribi

Lots of suckers in this thread I see. Trying to justify the money you've spent? It doesn't look like anything special. Certainly not for half a billion dollars. Your average Sony first-party game is better because they're actual games that have shipped. This is never going to be anything more than a tech demo. An unremarkable one a that.
25$ that's $45 less than a Sony exclusive!

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Been a whooping $45 backer since the kickstarter and kind of gave up. I had time to go back to university, get me degree in electrical engineering, get 2 kids, get work, buy a house, etc, since I was a backer and now. Fucking insane…

But I’m not gonna lie, that footage, makes me want it about right fucking NOW.

Holy shit at the comments on graphics. Your console APU would just grab the ejection handle and bail the fuck out if it tried to run this. Peoples don’t understand the scale here, this ain’t your cinematic corridor experience, it’s a full planet and solar system with face melting physics.

RespawnX

None of those Ubisoft formula Sony games has similar ambitions. They all are good in one or two things. Squadron42 and Star Citizen try to combine a magnitude of gameplay mechanics and perspectives. A full scaled economy system like Eve Online for MMO economy, a balanced physical fps shooter system like Call of Duty, a stealth and ai system like Metal Gear Solid, a dog fight system like good old space sims, flight model near flight sim level with physic based interactions, ressource management system with actual working and interacting systems, physical interaction on MMO scale like Fortnite or survival multiplayer games, enviroment generation on big scale like No Man's Sky, quest and trait sytem like TES and other rpgs, cinematic experience like The Last of Us and world interaction freedom like GTA or RDR. And we are not talking about simple picking one or two mechanics and sell it as revolutionary like today's AAA games get made. It's all made in full scale and if someone doesn't realizes that this takes shitload of money and time then go back to you average Sony game? It's simple.

I don't need to justify the 60 bucks I spent years ago, It's harder to justify buying the next 80 bucks standard formula game. After two decades of gaming I'm sick playing the same games and mechanics again and again.

Last edited:

TxKnight7

Tlou 2 is better 🤣
Wake me up when last 2 has the scale and the tech behind this game and the quality of the assets textures etc 🤣

And Crysis 3 is better than last of us 1 and uncharted 3 with more advanced Tech/Visuals and both are more linear games with pre rendered FMV video files unlike Crysis 3 all real time and in game

your point is ?
qHOVlq9.jpg

G4sCCZE.jpg

John dark1x 2021
" before we go into all of the details again i just have to stress how good crysis 3 still looks today i mean this was released before the last generation of consoles i think it still holds up, looks like a Ps4 and xbox one generation title in a way that kind of shocking"

Digital foundry
Where Crysis 3 really shines is on the PC, in which we are presented with a huge leap in graphical quality that gives us a tantalising glimpse of visual accomplishment on next-gen hardware ".

"And then there was the character rendering - and bam, it's right in your face. At this point in time, Crytek knew that its character technology was way ahead of its contemporaries".

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
What's with the constant negativity here? One has to wonder if the average GAFer even likes games.
I think even the 2018 video looks great. Hope when they get it done it will also come to consoles.

Some people have been told they have to irrationally hate anything related to this game, and they're dutifully following suit as instructed.

Besides, it isn't coming to consoles, so console fanboys are desperately holding on to the belief that it can't be good.

Incidentally, this potatocam video really doesn't show much. Star Citizen, which is based on the same engine and assets, and is already available to try, is a much better indication. All the gameplay you want and then some there.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
And the MMO is already in large part playable, and very enjoyable.

Jup, i'm now going to try out the new STV in-game. Back home from a Airbnb with some Org mates where we watched CitizenCon together yesterday.

Also can't wait for Crusader Spirit.

TxKnight7

Lol who is changing the title ? 🤣
And this is not a cutscene or pre rendered wt... you can even see gameplay at 6:39

Last edited:
I am a huge fan of the Wing Commander games and was so happy when it was announced that a spiritual successor is coming.

But I do not have longer any respect for Chris Roberts, it can only have 3 reasons why the final game is not out yet:

1. Chris Roberts is complete incompetent.

2. Chris Roberts has huge talent, but is lazy as f…

3. Chris Roberts is not planning to release the game any time soon. They still get a lot of money for minimal effort, so why not wait until no more money is coming in.

I think the third reason is the most likely case …

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I am a huge fan of the Wing Commander games and was so happy when it was announced that a spiritual successor is coming.

But I do not have longer any respect for Chris Roberts, it can only have 3 reasons why the final game is not out yet:

1. Chris Roberts is complete incompetent.

2. Chris Roberts has huge talent, but is lazy as f…

3. Chris Roberts is not planning to release the game any time soon. They still get a lot of money for minimal effort, so why not wait until no more money is coming in.

I think the third reason is the most likely case …

And yet, literally no one else managed to create a game that is even close to what Star Citizen is in its alpha state right now.

Not bad for a "complete incompetent."

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
And yet, literally no one else managed to create a game that is even close to what Star Citizen is in its alpha state right now.

Not bad for a "complete incompetent."
What about it is so amazing? Nothing in that gameplay you showed isn't in other games that are completed.

Top Bottom