• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scariest movie monster (and the movie it's from)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beastmaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SegQXGEGKw

The Devourers

beastmasterwings.jpg

How it Eats
As grotesquely illustrated below, the winged devourers use their wings to capture and hold human prey. Once secured, they vomit a corrosive solvent over the squirming meal’s head. This is a form of external digestion, which you’ve also seen in spiders, the common housefly or the extremely rare Brundlefly.

Worst hug ever. (Image by Migg Verbasan) Bad hug! (Image by Migg Verbasan)
Once regurgitated, the caustic upchuck sinks in for a few moments, liquefying flesh right off the bone. Then the monster sucks most of the grotesque soup back up into its gullet for a tasty meal.

Clearly, the creature lacks anything resembling a proper jaw — and this is key. Since it lacks the basic tools of mastication, it has to break down flesh into a liquid to consume it.

After sucking up as much of the liquefied flesh as possible, the creature simply throws open its wings and lets the slimy remnants of bone and armor plop to the ground. Yet since the winged devourers are clearly intelligent and cultured beings, so they’re not about to waste those precious bones. Instead, they employ a very human mode of external digestion — cooking — to boil these indigestible bits down into a slurpable stew.

Awesome! This was my favorite movie as a kid.

Now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

daman824

tumblr_md4r0vikr41qgx37po1_500.gif

Killer clowns from outer space.

These fuckers scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I remember watching it with some friends as a kid and acting like it wasn't scary at all. But those clowns man. It's their laugh.

Mike M

Nick N
Lovely Molly was a thoroughly disposable horror movie, but I admit that the finale was fucking bone-chilling.

NSFW, rear nudity..

The entire movie, you see nothing, but then right at the end you catch a glimpse of this monstrous thing that you can't quite make out but can see just enough to know it's inhuman

BLAZER

The alien in Signs really scared me in this scene.
sRSLLTo.gif

Signs still scares the shit out of me haha it's so eerie it feels as though it could be real. If you've ever lived on a farm you know exactly what I'm talking about. My uncles farm i used to stay at (i'm talking 12+ rooms) was so terrifying at night. I used to leg it from one side of the house to the other when i had to go around switching the lights off. It still sends shiver's up my spine haha

This is me haha

YTA2vgD.gif

UberTag

Hot blondes (or things that disguise themselves as hot blondes) that kill you when you're making love to them.
Let me cite a trifecta of examples to make this point.

Jess Weixler in Teeth... she doesn't even want to kill you, but she's got two mouths to feed...

Jess-Vandy.JPG

Laura Vandervoort in V The Series... yeah, the crappy remake...

V-02-2011-03-15.jpg

Natasha Henstridge in Species...

444.jpg

A Tale of Two Sister - ghost under the kitchen sink scene

/jk but seriously that's by far the scariest scene in the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4PeEHlTJA

Ugh, this scene gave me goosebumps like a mofo.

I'm glad I'm not on my own when it comes to Et.

This also traumatised me as a child, really shouldn't be watching this at the age I did.

Don't Look Now

c6RhDCU.jpg

Edit: I am now noticing a trend in my fears, small wrinkly things.

omg yes. I still have this scene ingrained in my mind and I watched this over 10 years ago. Truly a frightning scene.

ahh, glad to see Fire in the Sky and Communion aliens mentioned. especially the former are just terrifying.

for some reason only "realistic" looking aliens scare me, everything else is just meh. ghosts, deformed monsters, spooky little girls, whatever.. they all do nothing. go figure.

I really wanted to post this, as well as the kid in Phenomena and the killer in Four Flies on Grey Velvet, but I wasn't sure they would count.

Saw Phenomena last year for the first time and the damn kid man... Kids and old people in horror movies, they are the worst.

Something that always scared me as a kid, was the Boogie Man from the Ghostbusters cartoon.

61556.jpg

Looking scary til this day.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
communion
peeking-alien-from-communion-o.gif

i'm terrified of alien abduction stories

EDIT: oops. just stumbled on this thread for the first time, read through page 6 without a communion mention so i posted. looks like i'm not alone.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Phenomena last year for the first time and the damn kid man... Kids and old people in horror movies, they are the worst.

Something that always scared me as a kid, was the Boogie Man from the Ghostbusters cartoon.

61556.jpg

Looking scary til this day.
Oh fuck I was terrified of that thing! Thanks for digging up some repressed memories I guess D:

cometh05bau75.jpg

Aaah shiiit

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I mean seriously, I wonder if there was some controversy surrounding the cartoon-version of Ghostbusters' Boogieman back then, he was just way too creepy!
Didn't help that he was called "Böser Mann" (Bad Man) in German.

Mike M

Nick N
The worst part about the Boogeyman episodes (well, aside from that motherfucking terrifying voice) was how they went out of the way to point out that he couldn't be trapped or contained because he wasn't a ghost. He was just some unstoppable non-stopping guy coming to mess your shit up, and there was nothing you could do about it.

Nosferatu and Alien, from their own movies. They are both very calm in their movements, and that makes them all the more unsettling

Malmorian

For me its the face hugger: this monster incapacitates you, then impregnates you with a killing machine that in the end - bursts out of your chest and kills you and then goes after everyone else.
Alien-The_Facehugger.png

The xenomorth is scary for what it is, the face hugger is terrifying for what it does.

I'd rather a xenomorth strait kill me, than have one of the face huggers do its thing to me.

Absolutely right. The worst that the Xenomorph can do is kill you. Facehugger dies after the prego, you can't even get vengeance on it. And what if you lived through it? Got it out before it kills you? Never sleep again.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Not technically a monster, but that thing from Inland Empire, man, fuck that thing.
LwVSYuV.jpg

Inland Empire is a weird movie, but how I feel about it is weird. Most movies don't scare me, but Inland Empire did on several occasions, but then I wouldn't really consider the movie a scary movie.

The scene we're talking about is brief but is well built up too and the quick imagery you see is definitely unexpected and creepy.

7a30093a8d64aca9816e2329ad670469d48e4cbb_m.jpg

Edit: I just realized I kind of necro-posted. Apologize, I was looking up suggestions for horror movies from NeoGAF and was reading through this topic and researching a bit on movies I hadn't seen or heard of yet, so I've been on this thread for like three hours, and forgot when I decided to randomly reply to this post of all of them that it was a few months since the last post.

Apt101

John Carpenter's The Thing scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Freddy Kruger gave me nightmares.

The face huggers in Alien(s) franchise. Relentless bastards that want to pump your face, are strong as gorillas it seems, and bleed acid.

Icomp

No idea if this has been posted.

Shutter-2004-movie-asian-horror-still-2.jpg

I fucking despise this movie, watched it alone and in the middle of the night.
Shutter (2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom