• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scariest movie monster (and the movie it's from)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
cf433696129f.jpg

I was crazy scared of them as a child

also, on the same subject

pennywise-o.gif

Boem

Not intentionally scary, but full body Muppets used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. The same with costumed characters in theme parks. Still not fond of them. I think they gave Mickey a movable mouth, eyes and a voice a few years back. He's even worse now.

Anyway, this was probably the worst for me:

dinosaurs-tv-show-not-the-momma.jpg

I watched that show a lot, but something about it felt so weird, alien and creepy to me. Loved scary stuff, and that's why I kept watching it, I never really thought it was funny. That baby was probably the worst, with his tiny wiggling arms and fingers, and those goddamn eyes.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention where the image is from. It's from Dinosaurs, a 90s puppet sitcom by the Henson Company.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Damn lots of shit posted in here creeps me the fuck out, but nothing comes close to the shit I saw in Pet Sematary. People will tell me this isn't a scary movie these days, and I don't know what the fuck they're talking about. The monsters/ghosts in this movie still scare me like no other movie has to this day

Pascow:

Even though he's a friendly ghost, nothing scared me more as a kid growing up then seeing this fuckin guy on TV.

pet.jpg

Also, this fucking thing:

zelda.jpg

And yeah the ending scarred me for life:

PET_SEMATARY-48.jpg

3rdman

The thing is probably my no.1

Here's another one:

tumblr_m66x6bdu891qahvrco1_500.gif

Mystery-man from Lost Highway

Mystery Man: We've met before, haven't we?
Fred: I don't think so. Where was it you think we met?
Mystery Man: At your house. Don't you remember?
Fred: No. No, I don't. Are you sure?
Mystery Man: Of course. As a matter of fact, I'm there right now.
Fred: What do you mean? You're where right now?
Mystery Man: At your house.
Fred: [pause] That's fucking crazy, man.
Mystery Man: Call Me. Dial your number. Go ahead.
[Fred dials the number and the Mystery Man answers]
Mystery Man: [over the phone] I told you I was here.
Fred: [alarmed] How'd you do that?
Mystery Man: Ask me.
Fred: [angrily into the phone] How did you get inside my house?
Mystery Man: You invited me. It is not my custom to go where I am not wanted.
Fred: [into the phone] Who are you?
[Both Mystery Men laugh]
Mystery Man: [over the phone] Give me back my phone.
[Fred gives the phone back]
Mystery Man: It's been a pleasure talking to you.

I understood this immediately in that Robert Blake is really the evil side of Pullman and doing his bidding (invited). I LOVED that scene when I first saw it...Is this out on Blu ray yet???

Sylver

Banned
I'm surprised no one mentioned this thing
http://38.media.tumblr.com/a70b3e2f9619599b886215001abeaa8a/tumblr_mvii4mDFKl1s1vn29o1_500.gif[/IM]

To this day i still don't know where this comes from[/QUOTE]

[quote="Bulzeeb, post: 124227362"]reverse google image search showed me something called go to sleep but I am at work so I couldn't go to most of the sites[/QUOTE]

It's from here:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb-qy4bc7rY[/url]
Penda's Fen

Damn lots of shit posted in here creeps me the fuck out, but nothing comes close to the shit I saw in Pet Sematary. People will tell me this isn't a scary movie these days, and I don't know what the fuck they're talking about. The monsters/ghosts in this movie still scare me like no other movie has to this day

Pascow:

Even though he's a friendly ghost, nothing scared me more as a kid growing up then seeing this fuckin guy on TV.

pet.jpg

zelda.jpg

PET_SEMATARY-48.jpg

Am unable to watch this movie. Ever. The mood, the images, all of it terrifies me. That decaying woman, especially. I have never seen that scene in full because I get too scared. Even seeing that picture made my pulse spike.

Ugh.

Grace Jones in Vamp.

v5.jpg

Maybe not the scariest movie monster, but definitely one of the scariest female vampires I've ever seen.

And C.H.U.Ds

chud-1.jpg

Kyonashi

Not technically a monster, but that thing from Inland Empire, man, fuck that thing.
LwVSYuV.jpg

This. Scary movies don't massively phase me any more but I watched Inland Empire at 3am and it made me feel like a kid again watching my first horror movies. Utter dread.

Auctopus

Mama. Old ladies freak me out.
iw3EELzcah4E8.gif

This was the short that preceded the film, wasn't it? Damn, this Mama was so much freakier than the feature-film version.

Additonally, a few years back now, there was a film about alien abductions that surrounded this house. I remember the final scene was like a shitty camerecorder filming a huge spaceship passing over this rural New England style house. I don't remember the name of the film, was something like "Close encounters" but I remember at the beginning it said the classic 'This is based on a true story.' and it began by interviewing the women it really happened to. That woman looked terrifying.

Does anyone remember the name of that film?

Edit: Found, it was called 'Fourth Kind'.

Seriously.....My girlfriend and I every few months rewatch Jesus Camp. It starts out hilarious and then starts to turn into the scariest shit I have ever seen. Its a weird mix of a real life comedy/horror movie.

antipod

I don't really know if anything scares me nowadays, it has been ages since I was scared by a movie. Maybe I should watch some more horror movies... lots and lots I miss out on.

But one that scared me when I was little is Kurt Barlow from Salem's Lot. Though I wasn't that many years (7-9 something) when I watched it.

TheMasterKurtBarlow1979.jpg

Not a movie but..

adventure-time-green-lady-01.jpg

The Green Lady. Adventure Time.

She shows up out of the blue at the end of an episode with zero explanation as to what she is or wants. Finn is so scared of her he blocks his memory of the incident from his mind completely.

She's since been fully explained and is boring now but that first encounter was creepy as hell, particularly for a kid's show.

Auctopus

Everything about that movie's basis in actual events was bullshit. Some kids went missing, and a crackpot said they saw lights and the kids were probably abducted. That was about it.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious, I was just saying whoever played that woman looked freaky. Most of the films on this thread are based on bullshit.

Philia

Ghosts always freak me out the most out of all monster movies.

There's a lot of popular mentions in here, I'll add one in here that hasn't been mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYhhxqkd0Vw

House on Haunted Hill the remake

This movie freaked me out despite of people saying this movie sucked. :\ There's always something incredibly unnerving about how a ghost moves.

Pascow:

pet.jpg

zelda.jpg

PET_SEMATARY-48.jpg
Damn this !!!

Rosemary from Demons/Demoni:

The monster from Funhouse:
8974159_orig.jpg

The thing in the pipe from The Banshee Chapter:

The killer scarecrows from the 1988 movie "Scarecrows":

deadlymovies_scarecrows.jpg
scarecrows_1.jpg

scarecrows_jack2.jpg

The demonic possessed grannies from Rabid Grannies(LOL):
rabid-grannies-crazy-granny.jpg

The cannibalistic mothers in Flesh Eating Mothers:
968full-flesh-eating-mothers-screenshot.jpg

Freaks is by far the most disturbing movie ever.
The only movie I could never bring myself to watch again and has me cover my eyes or look away. True horror.

Now, this guy from Dario Argento's Phenomena (creepers in the US I think) has haunted me for years. Maybe because I was fucking 8 when I saw it. Movie still scares me, Argento was so fucked up

creepers02.jpg

Jennifer Connelly was just dreamy, though.

Patua from Phenomena's hard to look at. I can usually look at most monsters and find some charm in them. Patua, damn, it's like, "Okay, enough! I can't look at that creepy ass thing any longer! Kill it with fire, NOW!!!"

phenomena02b.jpg

Yes, this is a MILLION times better than CGI, nothing comes close to this, no... not even that octopus faced pirate.

Now that I think about it, F/X master Rob Bottin (who designed Meg and the other phenomenal creature F/X work in LEGEND) was probably responsible for the majority of my childhood nightmares.
Sure, his work for Carpenter's THE THING has been posted about a billion times in this thread, but a few others that disturbed me as a kid:

The 'magic hat' rabbit from the It's a Good Life segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie

and, a bit more subtle, but Anthony's sister in the same segment:

acGa5lu.jpg

Then you have his effects work on Robocop, which amazingly I watched when I was about 8 and couldn't go to sleep after seeing this happen when the lovable Emil got a toxic waste bath:

fOf15qp.jpg

and you also have his stuff from The Howling (others poster mentioned this)

c6ZCa8J.gif

Just amazing work.

La niña Medeiros without a doubt:
tumblr_m6d02llb2H1r0x56ko1_400.gif

And thats not CGI, its a real guy.

Mmmm, looks like REC, but that doesnt happen in any of the 3 movies IIRC.
Wait, maybe is
REC2 when she explains how she got out of that situation, although she is still fucked. I still not rememeber her using a shotgun though

Sylver

Banned
La niña Medeiros without a doubt:
tumblr_m6d02llb2H1r0x56ko1_400.gif

And thats not CGI, its a real guy.

Mmmm, looks like REC, but that doesnt happen in any of the 3 movies IIRC.
Wait, maybe is
REC2 when she explains how she got out of that situation, although she is still fucked. I still not rememeber her using a shotgun though
Cannot wait to be this October for the fourth chapter ^^

It's from REC 2 this exact escene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehgMsi5lZPI#t=10m48s

Philia

Seeing that Freaks the movie got referred here often along with the movie REC, I'm surprised a lot of horror movies isn't offering work to some of the more deformed/scarred people for work. Seriously, some of the best stuff is done in realistic fashion, that's why we cringe at orgish videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom