• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Midas said:
S-I-X months away...

yeah killzone? N-I-N-E months away... Don't get me wrong I'm a big resistance fan, but those videos were EXTREMELY underwhelming, after all the hype of people saying it looked better than KZ2, but I guess single player should look a lot better. Also the game looked like a mess in terms of just all out shooting everyone.

avaya

How much did GT4:p sell?

GT5:p at 1.5mn in PAL alone is utterly ridiculous...well not really it's GRAN TURISMO FFS.

Jim

msdstc said:
I came in here to post the exact opposite... I finally checked out R2 guys... sorry the environments looked great, but the animations are SHIT. The heavy guys looked kinda lousy, everything looked like R1ish. Killzone 2 takes the crown no doubt.

You're also looking at multiplayer footage as opposed to usually better animated single player stuff.

methane47

msdstc said:
I came in here to post the exact opposite... I finally checked out R2 guys... sorry the environments looked great, but the animations are SHIT. The heavy guys looked kinda lousy, everything looked like R1ish. Killzone 2 takes the crown no doubt.

Personally I think Killzone 2 will take the title when it comes to animation and detail..

But I think Resistance 2 will take the title when it comes to scale and impressiveness(?)

tha_con

Banned
This thread is exactly what I expected, honestly.

There are those who expected way too much, those who expected to little, and those who are pleased with everything they saw.

I'm pleased.

tfur

Frenck said:
At least explain what is supposed to be so amazing about this:

killzone-grab.gif

Not even remotely GIF worthy. Is there some hidden significance to the storyline?

You guys and your Killzone.

Maybe because it looks real, and feels real.

If you can give your friends a hand up like that in the game... and it looks and feels like that...

that is really cool...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
methane47 said:
Personally I think Killzone 2 will take the title when it comes to animation and detail..

But I think Resistance 2 will take the title when it comes to scale and impressiveness(?)

I disagree... watch that trailer again my friend, the killzone trailer has quite a bit of scale in there already, with incredible amounts of explosions, with more impressive visuals and of course the end of that video with the bridge just getting demolished. I don't doubt R2 will look nice, but I think it might just be getting overhyped in terms of visuals, because that video looked NO different than R1, except the trees looked nice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firewire said:
Exactly, if they released it incomplete the media and fans alike would have slaughtered them for it.

Yeah D:
As someone who's in Home beta, I'm glad they haven't released it yet.

Soroc

Jim said:
You're also looking at multiplayer footage as opposed to usually better animated single player stuff.

Exactly, the environments for multiplayer look pretty damn awesome. I agree the gameplay looks a little messy, but man I believe in the first Resistance 2 teaser. I think single player is gonna be fucking amazing.

I do agree though that the animations won't be able to match Killzones and I don't think they will be rivaled by any competitor. Both games do really look amazing though. Just a preference of mine I'm liking Resistance 2's look and graphics a whole hell of a lot better right now.

tha_con

Banned
msdstc said:
yeah killzone? N-I-N-E months away... Don't get me wrong I'm a big resistance fan, but those videos were EXTREMELY underwhelming, after all the hype of people saying it looked better than KZ2, but I guess single player should look a lot better. Also the game looked like a mess in terms of just all out shooting everyone.

You saw 1 minute comprised of a bunch of small clips, and you're crying your fucking eye's out?

Get real man, or stop posting in this thread. Nah, don't do that, there's an ignore button. I'll use it.

Firewire said:
Exactly, if they released it incomplete the media and fans alike would have slaughtered them for it.

I think it will be slaughtered no matter what form it's released in. You can probably tell I'm highly sceptical of Home.

Cheez-It

The animation in the resistance 2 clip disgusts me. We played games that looked better years upon years ago. Why sacrifice animation for image quality :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Mirror's edge really got a huge bump in hype for me. As for R2 and KZ2, i never judge games graphics until they're actually released. Those games are in alpha stages. Resistance 1 looked WAY better than what it looked like at E3 that year, so theres no reason to think that would change now.

batbeg

I'm still amazed nobody else seems to care about the PSP. Am I alone? Hell, they could've at least shown that new Secret Agent Clank game, or something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
tha_con said:
You saw 1 minute comprised of a bunch of small clips, and you're crying your fucking eye's out?

Get real man, or stop posting in this thread. Nah, don't do that, there's an ignore button. I'll use it.

where am I crying or whining? Sorry fan boy, you're the bitch here.

Dever

Banned
msdstc said:
I disagree... watch that trailer again my friend, the killzone trailer has quite a bit of scale in there already, with incredible amounts of explosions, with more impressive visuals and of course the end of that video with the bridge just getting demolished. I don't doubt R2 will look nice, but I think it might just be getting overhyped in terms of visuals, because that video looked NO different than R1, except the trees looked nice.

This is why the video was never supposed to be released, because of idiots like you.. :|

WinFonda

Cheez-It said:
The animation in the resistance 2 clip disgusts me. We played games that looked better years upon years ago. Why sacrifice animation for image quality :(
Alpha + Multiplayer + Off-screen handy cam footage. It looks great given all this, and you guys are nuts.

batbeg said:
I'm still amazed nobody else seems to care about the PSP. Am I alone? Hell, they could've at least shown that new Secret Agent Clank game, or something.

Sony realise more people use them as multimedia devices, it's fair to say God of War was the last great game for the PSP.

Acid08 said:
Garrnet on Gaf confirmed?

No!

I'm willing to praise Home if some of the claims are met, but I can't see much further than Home being an interactive advertisement.

Sinnoch

Banned
The video quality from gamevideos is awful, but R2 isn't looking so hot. The Call of Duty with ray guns vibe isn't doing it for me. Insomniac blew it by not releasing a HD vid themselves here, some lousy cam job was bound to leak out anyway.

On the other hand, Killzone looks great despite the lousy video quality. Bring on the 15 min HD video please!

Niks

Kagari said:
And I would rather them get it right than put out a broken product.

This.

The problem is Sony has been "supposedly" been developing this for the past..what, 3 years now??

Thats a long time of waiting...Im still hyped for it though!!

BeeDog

Jeez, this thread has a ton of bitter human beings. I hope you guys don't drop like flies, because almost all of you seem to be depressed like hell. Don't slice open your wrists please just because Sony didn't blow their load here. Wait for E3.

Dante said:
Mirror's Edge looked cool, but the movements looked very heavily automated. I hope there is some challnge to flying through those enviornments.

Mirror's Edge

i like the color scheme of the game so far, bright orange, red and white good choice.
i dont like the main character, WTH she looks like a typical women with a tattoo on her right eye. not distinctive enough.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Dever said:
This is why the video was never supposed to be released, because of idiots like you.. :|

why are you fanboys all so damn sensitive? I"M NOT BASHING THE GAME. Let's get that through your head... I'm just saying killzone 2 will look better, sorry if I have a damn opinion. Check my resistance stats, loved the game played the hell out of it. I know it's early and that's why it looks very MEH. BUT it's early for killzone also, and if R2 can improve in 6, then killzone can improve in 9. They both will look great, but one better than the other.

feck, KZ2 still looks like the most cinematic game Ive ever seen....really good

Also, yeah, pretty lackluster showing in terms of variety..the games shown look good, but nothing new....

theBishop

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Sony realise more people use them as multimedia devices, it's fair to say God of War was the last great game for the PSP.

No!

I'm willing to praise Home if some of the claims are met, but I can't see much further than Home being an interactive advertisement.

You're on a roll in this thread.

PS: Crisis Core came out after God of War.

tfur

Cheez-It said:

Are you serious? This is a work in progress... Don't you think they are going to continue working on this, or is this going gold today?

what is wrong with some of you people... Insomniac does its work well...

I am please with both the K2 and the R2 clips... I just want HD versions...

Firewire

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I think it will be slaughtered no matter what form it's released in. You can probably tell I'm highly sceptical of Home.

If the features are there it won't get slaughtered because thats what everyone wants from Home. All the other stuff is like window dressings, pretty well meaningless if the features aren't there.

Sinnoch

Banned
BeeDog said:
Jeez, this thread has a ton of bitter human beings. I hope you guys don't drop like flies, because almost all of you seem to be depressed like hell. Don't slice open your wrists please just because Sony didn't blow their load here. Wait for E3.

Most of the disappointment is due to the horrible video quality we're stuck with since Sony didn't release HD media themselves. While Killzone looks good on gamevideos, R2 didn't come off very well at all.

The Killzone2 vid doesn't work for me, any other links for it?

edit: nevermind, it launched when I just went to gamevideos.com instead of the full link

KZ2 delivers again! Still the best looking console game by far. The animations on this title are simply unmatched. Shame it got delayed to 2009, but if the delay is going to make for a better game I am all for it. Resistance 2 is looking stunning as well, the HDR lighting really does wonders for the game. I can't wait till they release HD versions of both trailers.

acevans2

R2 infos = nice
KZ2 clip = nice
ME gameplay = nice (looking)
MS2 infos = nice
"We're working on a PS3 movie store" = nice

I liked it. I hope they've got some more stuff for E3 though.

Tideas

Banned
guys, unless there's a big uproar, there will not be a Sony-released footage of R2 until that June 13th date.

Killzone 2 on the other hand, we can probably expect Thursday

Firewire

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I'm bailing out Firewire, I should have learnt my lesson last time when I dared to be critical of anything on the PS3.

Meh, there's an over protective crowd that shows up in these types of threads. But no worries Opus, most people know you're not here to troll.

Top Bottom