• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Opus Angelorum said:
I'm bailing out Firewire, I should have learnt my lesson last time when I dared to be critical of anything on the PS3.
And now you dare be critical of Firewire? HAVE AT THEE

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Tideas said:
guys, unless there's a big uproar, there will not be a Sony-released footage of R2 until that June 13th date.

Killzone 2 on the other hand, we can probably expect Thursday

Yeah video-wise. But JS still hasnt released those screens that he said he was working forever on. Gimme!

batbeg

Opus Angelorum said:
Sony realise more people use them as multimedia devices, it's fair to say God of War was the last great game for the PSP.

:( I want games though :(

I just want my LocoRoco 2.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What is all this talk about delays? I've seen that they've delayed KZ2 for february (in fact I don't even know if I'd call that a delay - this is the first time we have a release date pinned down if I remember correctly). What else was delayed?

In any case, very nice KZ2 and Mirror's Edge videos

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Firewire said:
Meh, there's an over protective crowd that shows up in these types of threads. But no worries Opus, most people know you're not here to troll.

Jeez you're telling me... I make an opinion that Killzone 2 will look better in the end, while R2 will look nice, but not quite as good, and I get destroyed for it. All I'm saying is there is a lot of negative hype about KZ2 visuals in here, and I just didn't understand that at all.

Firewire said:
...most people know you're not here to troll.

Thanks, I like to think that when I'm criticising I actually give a reason for it.

kenta said:
And now you dare be critical of Firewire? HAVE AT THEE

Firewire is my constant on NeoGAF, I owe him two traditional Ulster Frys for the shit he has pulled me out off!

All the videos were impressive, albiet blurry as all. Mirror Edge looks perfect for sixaxis implementation. Also it needs PSeye head-tracking.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Marconelly said:
What is all this talk about delays? I've seen that they've delayed KZ2 for february (in fact I don't even know if I'd call that a delay - this is the first time we have a release date pinned down if I remember correctly). What else was delayed?

In any case, very nice KZ2 and Mirror's Edge videos

LBP delayed one month or something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marconelly said:

It's more like games people thought were coming out this year. However LBP was delayed a few weeks... not a big deal though

Infamous was a no show which people took as a delay
WKC is nowhere which people know is a delay
no tekken
no gt5 full
etc.

People had too high of expectations basically.

BryanI

msdstc said:
I came in here to post the exact opposite... I finally checked out R2 guys... sorry the environments looked great, but the animations are SHIT. The heavy guys looked kinda lousy, everything looked like R1ish. Killzone 2 takes the crown no doubt.

Hey everyone,

As an FYI, those animations are TOTALLY TEMPORARY. None of the new stuff has gone in just yet.

Also, the GamePro guys were here playing multiplayer. They should be posting their impressions pretty soon.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Fallout-NL said:
I can't believe you people, how many of these magical turnarounds have we actually witnessed?

actually
motorstorm-screen.jpg

But I somewhat agree... it's not magically going to look amazing in the end. I think single player will be though.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

As an FYI, those animations are TOTALLY TEMPORARY. None of the new stuff has gone in just yet.

Also, the GamePro guys were here playing multiplayer. They should be posting their impressions pretty soon.

I believed bry.....i believed.

Tideas

Banned
Evazan said:
Yeah video-wise. But JS still hasnt released those screens that he said he was working forever on. Gimme!

I dont think I've ever seen a game where screenshots does the game justice. except, perhaps, FF13

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
msdstc said:
Jeez you're telling me... I make an opinion that Killzone 2 will look better in the end, while R2 will look nice, but not quite as good, and I get destroyed for it.
I don't think there's much doubt that what you're saying is true - even factoring that the R2 reveal trailer was fully realtime (which I think it was) KZ2 still looks pretty visibly better. The real question is will the KZ2 be a as good of a game.

As for the R2 video from this event, it was a multiplayer footage, and that rarely if ever is a good demo material.

Madman

Does every one of these threads have to turn out like this? Shit slinging, bitching and moaning seem to be the orders of the day.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Tideas said:
I dont think I've ever seen a game where screenshots does the game justice. except, perhaps, FF13

Well all i'm saying is that we will be seeing more before June.

Madman said:
Does every one of these threads have to turn out like this? Shit slinging, bitching and moaning seem to be the orders of the day.

Pretty much because certain people always want to complain whenever their ridiculous expectations for these shows aren't met.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am looking forward to playing all these games whenever they come out. I am plenty busy with Hot Shots Golf, COD4, GT5P, GTAIV, the MGS collection, and soon MGS4. I don't like delays, but I LOVE what I am hearing about the upcoming titles. I wish there was more info about SOCOM....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DMPrince said:
so we can expect more stuff later this week? i thought Playstation Day is still going on.,

expect a 15 minute killzone 2 video... and various other gameplay shots.

Firewire

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Thanks, I like to think that when I'm criticising I actually give a reason for it.

Firewire is my constant on NeoGAF, I owe him two traditional Ulster Frys for the shit he has pulled me out off!

Now I'm hungry, I haven't eaten yet today! :/

Madman said:
QFT, Everyone hyped themselves up beyond realistic expectations. I thought the event delivered simply because of new footage from KZ2 and R2. I guess some people were really expecting a mini-E3 from this thing.

Madman

DevilWillcry said:
QFT, Everyone hyped themselves up beyond realistic expectations. I thought the event delivered simply because of new footage from KZ2 and R2. I guess some people were really expecting a mini-E3 from this thing.
It's not that. It's just how cynical everyone is.

Soroc

The best part of this playstation day will be later on when the press gets their hands on impressions out there and some videos. That what is truly awesome about today. HD goodness and impressions later on :D

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Tideas said:
besides the screenshots Jstevenson is going to release, I think "more" is going to be "less"

Well...screenshot is going be better than this gamespot vid thats for sure.

Dante

R2, KZ2, and MS2 = Instant win in my book, however being a Euro show, I am a tad dissapointed 8Days was a no show.

J-Rzez

DenogginizerOS said:
I wish there was more info about SOCOM....

Me too man, me too. I'm so fucking hyped for SOCOM now it's unbelievable. It seems they know they have to successfully marry S1 and S2, holding them as the bible of guidelines, while adding new refinements that would only enhance those two. Throw in the absolutely SICK community aspects of the game and we have a winner here as all the gameplay i've seen to date screams classic SOCOM style.

But between SOCOM and R2, i'm going to have a full plate with my online shooters. :D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Opus Angelorum said:
If it's anything like the water in Uncharted I'll be very happy.

Yeah my friend was here when I played the chase scene through the forest with all the explosions... so impressive. we Joked about that being motorstorm 2. Well anyways if the scenery even matches that, which it should, we're in for a real treat. If they can make the sense of speed a bit faster it would look even more amazing. Uncharted sets a high bar though

Top Bottom