• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

ukiraros

FFObsessed said:
Resistance 2 looked great too. And it looked like a CoD4 point system has been implemented.

I like this implementation, you can't even tell how well you did in R1. It looks like you get EXP just for hitting them with bullets. More EXP for killing them and perhaps even more EXP with headshots and certain weapons use to kill?

It looks like they also use COD and KZ's Aim Down Sight system.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Too bad there's no news about Heavy Rain from this. I mean, I always knew there was no chance for that to be out before 2009, but still... If they don't show it at E3, I think it's time to start being worried about it.

Jaeyden

Any mention of Ingame XMB or communication to come this summer? Delay Home for as long as it takes, but PSN is in dire need of a unified communications system.

a few 20 pages back, people were surprised that motorstorm2 will feature water/puddles to cool down hot engines.....didnt motorostorm1 have a similar feature with the mud?

Esperado

What's interesting to me is how inconsistent or selective a lot of criticisms seem to be. I mean, it's cool to be critical and to look at things with a critical eye, but if you're looking at the games you don't like with a critical eye and the games you do like with rose colored glasses, then you should probably refocus your views because you might find yourself in the same boat as the people who annoy you the most. It's stupid to think that anyone could be a hundred percent perfect with consistency in their posting history, but if you're aiming to present yourself as someone with a critical mind, then you should probably keep that in mind whenever your posting. It's very interesting to watch someone completely pick apart every aspect of game A and then turn around and blindly praise game B, all while complaining about how they can never criticize something without being attacked.

TheOddOne

I kinda laughed at the fps machine comment in the pre-killzone 2 vid and also nice cover-up for DELAYED. This gamers day really did underwhel me though was expecting just a little more excitement. Its also has to be because of the WAY-TO-FUCKING-UNGLY cam vids.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Esperado said:
What's interesting to me is how inconsistent or selective a lot of criticisms seem to be. I mean, it's cool to be critical and to look at things with a critical eye, but if you're looking at the games you don't like with a critical eye and the games you do like with rose colored glasses, then you should probably refocus your views because you might find yourself in the same boat as the people who annoy you the most. It's stupid to think that anyone could be a hundred percent perfect with consistency in their posting history, but if you're aiming to present yourself as someone with a critical mind, then you should probably keep that in mind whenever your posting. It's very interesting to watch someone completely pick apart every aspect of game A and then turn around and blindly praise game B, all while complaining about how they can never criticize something without being attacked.

I agree with you for a lot of cases, but in my case and other peoples case in this thread, we're truly getting attacked for an honest opinon. I said Resistance doesn't look much different than the first... YES it's 6 months away, and YES it was multiplayer, but I just said I don't think it'll have as good of visuals as Killzone 2, which that recent trailer blew me away. I got called a whiny troll for stating this opinion.

frAntic_Frog said:
a few 20 pages back, people were surprised that motorstorm2 will feature water/puddles to cool down hot engines.....didnt motorostorm1 have a similar feature with the mud?

Nah didn't work that way. I think they mean if you're boosting through water and youre about to explode, it'll cool it down a bit. Couldn't do that in the first.

Tieno

Great that we have a release month for LBP, although it's still far away. Have they said anything about the beeta?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
lybertyboy said:
Had to take the Resistance and Killzone videos down. Sorry guys.

w/e pretty sure most everybody downloaded them already. Maybe this will force sony/insomniac to release some footage a bit early, since they've already been seen.

Esperado

Yeah, it's also stupid to assume that anybody being critical is a troll. On the Resistance 2 vs Killzone 2 debate, I think I'll wait until we get some high quality video. Not that I'm much of a critic, I know that I'm partially biased.

cameltoe

nofi said:
All done. Here's our blog in full for anyone getting the site errors. Sorry about that after promising a decent report...

---

16:38pm: Oh snap. Blah...somethin...blah

Biz Markie called, he wants his phrase back!

nofi

I've just got the full press pack, assuming others have too. Nothing massively exciting, but some nice high-res screens and logos which I'm currently dumping along with the full press releases if anyone fancies a read...

cameltoe said:

Totally threw me when I saw it.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
cameltoe said:

This is completely OT but i saw him going up an escalator at a mall in ATL. I said HEY BIZ! and he said. SUP! Needless to say it was well worth the flight to ATL.

Also this..
BruceLeeRoy said:
Any chance you guys are going to be geting any good quality vids?

x3sphere

Datrio said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle with Dual Shock 3 and Sixaxis
along with a price cut
, you heard it here first!

I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is the official PR for the MGS 4 bundle. It comes with only a SIXAXIS controller, no DualShock 3.

New bundle offers fans PS3™, Metal Gear Solid®4 plus SIXAXIS™

o Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Online included
o It’s the final chapter in the story of the legendary Solid Snake

London – 6th May 2008: One of the legends of the PlayStation® generation has taken his partnership with the platform to the next level. Solid Snake, the hero of the Metal Gear Solid® (MGS) franchise, is, this summer, being bundled with PLAYSTATION®3 and a SIXAXIS controller offering millions of PS3 and MGS fans around the world the ultimate gaming combo.

Concluding Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid saga, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is set in a battle-scarred future where huge conglomerates fight for supremacy using armies of hand-picked mercenaries. This devastated world is seen through the battle-weary eyes of an older Solid Snake who has been charged with infiltrating a number of key locations across the globe, including the Middle East and South America. As such, the epic end to Snake’s story offers ground-breaking combat elements, a refined control system that offers unprecedented control over the aged hero, and the tying up of key plot lines and loose ends.

Similarly, the accompanying Metal Gear Online features all the stunning stealth and combat elements of Guns of the Patriots, as it drops the player into a series of war zones and game options. With all-out ‘Last Man Standing’ battles to rescue and protection missions, Metal Gear Online effortlessly transfers the sublime control system of the series to an online competition, creating an absorbing battle between like-minded fans.

Available from June 12 and priced at 439,99 Euros this offer is one of the most exciting bundles to date – bringing two great servants of the games industry together for the conclusion of what has been one hell of a ride!

nofi

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I'm curious about the PS3 Eye and Movement. Any word on these two?

EyeToy® Play: PomPom Party (PS2)

Limber-up for the first cheerleading game for PS2, which comes bundled with real pompoms to help every wannabe-cheerleader pull off some groovy moves. As you follow the directions on-screen and shake your pompoms to the music, the EyeToy Camera will detect your movements and score your routines. So keep that rhythm going, and soon the whole block will be bouncing to your cheers in EyeToy Play: PomPom Party – it’s arriving in time for Christmas in late 2008.

EyeToy® Play: Hero (PS2)

The ultimate quest for all budding adventurers – embark on a fantastic journey through a colourful, exciting fantasy world. EyeToy Play: Hero includes its own toy sword for you to wield; the EyeToy Camera will detect your sword’s movements as you perform feats of bravery throughout the land. Watch your adventure unfold on-screen, hone your swordplay, and maybe one day you’ll be considered a true hero of the kingdom! It’s arriving in time for Christmas in late 2008.

Movement (PSN)

Seeking out the greatest unsigned bands from across Europe, Movement is an exclusive PSN music experience which will open your ears, your PS3 and PSP to the best in international music. From French electronica to London grindie via melody driven rock from Germany, you’ll hear it all courtesy of hosts Spencer and Martin who are tracking down the sweetest sounds across the continent in their VW Camper. With exclusive downloads on PSN and performances at PlayStation Day, movement will culminate with one band being selected by Spencer and Martin to have a professional promo video made. Look out for the entire madcap adventure on PSN soon.

Darkpen

Banned
lybertyboy said:
Had to take the Resistance and Killzone videos down. Sorry guys.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

why did I go away??? WHY??? I see the Resistance 2 link listed in the RSS feed for gamevideos, and now there's nothing but BOOM BLOX

edit: youtube..? anyone? ; ;

batbeg

x3sphere said:
I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is the official PR for the MGS 4 bundle. It comes with only a SIXAXIS controller, no DualShock 3.

Wow. Sony really does love Europe, just like they said.

RpgN

Excellent first post! It saved me a lot of time :D Impressive GT5 sales, KZ2 delay was expected. Is it for the better? Personly I don't like FPSs except for RFOM. I'm more excited for R2 now. Decent news overall. Except that there is nothing about FF13...wishful thinking?

nofi said:
EyeToy® Play: PomPom Party (PS2)

Limber-up for the first cheerleading game for PS2, which comes bundled with real pompoms to help every wannabe-cheerleader pull off some groovy moves. As you follow the directions on-screen and shake your pompoms to the music, the EyeToy Camera will detect your movements and score your routines. So keep that rhythm going, and soon the whole block will be bouncing to your cheers in EyeToy Play: PomPom Party – it’s arriving in time for Christmas in late 2008.

EyeToy® Play: Hero (PS2)

The ultimate quest for all budding adventurers – embark on a fantastic journey through a colourful, exciting fantasy world. EyeToy Play: Hero includes its own toy sword for you to wield; the EyeToy Camera will detect your sword’s movements as you perform feats of bravery throughout the land. Watch your adventure unfold on-screen, hone your swordplay, and maybe one day you’ll be considered a true hero of the kingdom! It’s arriving in time for Christmas in late 2008.

Movement (PSN)

Seeking out the greatest unsigned bands from across Europe, Movement is an exclusive PSN music experience which will open your ears, your PS3 and PSP to the best in international music. From French electronica to London grindie via melody driven rock from Germany, you’ll hear it all courtesy of hosts Spencer and Martin who are tracking down the sweetest sounds across the continent in their VW Camper. With exclusive downloads on PSN and performances at PlayStation Day, movement will culminate with one band being selected by Spencer and Martin to have a professional promo video made. Look out for the entire madcap adventure on PSN soon.

Thanks....

Eh, I'll pass. I thought something interesting was going to be shown with the PS3 and Eyetoy.

batbeg

nofi said:
Movement (PSN)

I still think this sounds really awesome :) I have no idea who the hosts are and I'm a bit worried about their definition of indie, but if some truly small bands get their music out there that'd be really cool.

So basically delays and delays plus couple of shitty FPS I don't give a shit about.

Oh, and another fucking horrible SKU from the same assholes that say that PAL is important to them.

Hah, fuck you too SCEE.

Epix said:
kz1anigif_1.gif

Holy shit, the lighting!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Esperado said:
Yeah, it's also stupid to assume that anybody being critical is a troll. On the Resistance 2 vs Killzone 2 debate, I think I'll wait until we get some high quality video. Not that I'm much of a critic, I know that I'm partially biased.

That's the thing though... I'm biased too. I was all hyped about KZ right after the E3 reveal, but after I saw the R2 shots and details I lost all interest in KZ... I really LOVE resistance, so bias plays no part in me saying KZ will look better.

MadFuzzy

Has no-one talked about the PSN trailer that's in the EU store update today yet?

It has some footage of SOCOM Confrontation and the Super Stardust HD Versus pack in it and confirms that Siren Blood Curse is a PSN title (if we didn't know that already).

jmd494

MadFuzzy said:
Has no-one talked about the PSN trailer that's in the EU store update today yet?

It has some footage of SOCOM Confrontation and the Super Stardust HD Versus pack in it and confirms that Siren Blood Curse is a PSN title (if we didn't know that already).
Oh wow...I can't watch. Care to describe what the SSHD versus mode will play like?

slider

nofi said:
Movement (PSN)

That could be totally amazing and cool or it could suck major ass. Let's hope they hit the right tone for it.

Top Bottom