• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCHOCKING NEWS: Walmart has changed their price match policy

Wow, I always thought the policy was for major retailers before. Never new they PM'd 3rd party and what not.

What a dumb policy. All the other big guys always only matched other big companies and not marketplace vendors.
I don't think the policy read "We match 3rd party sellers." it just didn't specify.

I don't actually believe this hurt walmart in any way, but better to clarify this policy now before holiday season goes into full force (you know, in a week).

Phreak47

Welp, if anyone ever wonders why so many things have to be blanketed with a shit ton of legal mumbo jumbo, it's things like this.

SCReuter

lol

was the $60 Wii U legit ? Or was that Sears ?

Can't remember.

It was a Sears pricing mistake for an item that was no longer even in stock at Sears. The trick was to find a Walmart employee who didn't know any better and have him or her erroneously price match it.

The Walmart I work at got taken for 16 PS4s in this scam. Eligible associates lost almost their entire bonus. Not saying anyone who did it should be thrown in jail, or that Walmart is justified in punishing dozens, if not hundreds of employees because a few people took advantage of a few uninformed associates. It's just something to chew on before acting next time something like this comes around. You're not just taking from a "mega corporation" that "won't even feel it." It isn't that simple.

SmokeMaxX

The Walmart I work at got taken for 16 PS4s in this scam. Eligible associates lost almost their entire bonus. Not saying anyone who did it should be thrown in jail, or that Walmart is justified in punishing dozens, if not hundreds of employees because a few people took advantage of a few uninformed associates. It's just something to chew on before acting next time something like this comes around. You're not just taking from a "mega corporation" that "won't even feel it." It isn't that simple.
Kinda stupid because Walmart screwed up in the first place by having such a stupid policy. You can sometimes (rarely) legitimately get big ticket items at cheap prices but in low volumes so price matching any seller that happens to get a Kayak for $20 is obviously a recipe for disaster. I don't really agree with anyone who took advantage of this particular deal since it was obviously a scam attempt with no intention of selling brand new PS4s at rock bottom prices, but it's not the workers' faults they were following corporate policies. Unfortunately I'm sure Walmart doesn't care.

IISANDERII

Thanks for this info. Next time something like this happens I definitely will take the opportunity so that people can see what scum Walmart are for using their employees as shields and tossing them to the lions. With enough notice, legislators will be compelled to take action against not only policies like this, but maybe the rest of the vile shit walmart gets away with.

Top Bottom