• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientists say dogs over cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

I have had both dogs and cats with me all my life so I would say I know their tendencies quite well. I love both cats and dogs equally but I would have to classify cats as being smarter then dogs. Cats can fight better on average and are more methodical and calculating. Science still has some catching up to do when it comes to animal behavior and intelligence.

Exhumed

I have not met a dog I liked. My biggest concern is the smell that comes with a dog and their complete dependence. You get a dog then your living space gets the smell. Does not matter how much you clean or deodorize.

At least with the cats if you clean their litter box and vacuum regularly your space smells fine. They are self sufficient as far as their own odor is. Never had a smelly cat unless you never cleaned their box.

Both make great pets but I'd rather have an independent animal to be around. It's just like having a roomy. Great to chill with when you want to. If you feel like being alone they pretty much let you be.

Jobiensis

I am a dog person, but can understand why people like cats. If your dog smells it needs a bath. Where I live, if a cat gets outside it ends up becoming a link in the food chain.

10yia3c.jpg

Big-E said:
equally but I would have to classify cats as being smarter then dogs. Cats can fight better on average and are more methodical and calculating.

Yeah, but I've seen pretty huge divergence depending on the dog. I'm not quite sure what fighting has to do with it though.

Shawsie64

Banned
Subitai said:
Yeah, I think it is a tie too in terms of what I like (both alot :D ), but it makes me wonder how far behind cats are in breeding when you see new stuff like an Ashera.

Since, we're sort of on the subject, has anyone seen one of these or know someone who has one?

Ashera:

- hypoallergenic
- up to 40 lb
- part african serval
- part asian leopard cat
- part regular american house cat
- "growl" (see video)
- $22,000
1803763072_defaf2a9d7.jpg

Ashera-rarest-cat-in-the-worlds-005.jpg

That is one cat i would have, holy shit

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The wording of this article is completely dumb. Dogs, who happen to be trained, are more useful as workers. Everyday animals as a pet? It's relative.

My dad's girlfriend's ugly dog that pisses in my room every time the door is left open is a complete annoyance. If a stranger comes it, it doesn't care. It never barks or gets mad if you mess with it.

My 17 year old cat is an important family member. It wont protect me either... but it sure is hell is worth being around unlike that particular dog.

DeathNote said:
The wording of this article is completely dumb. Dogs, who happen to be trained, are more useful as workers. Everyday animals as a pet? It's relative.

My dad's girlfriend's ugly dog that pisses in my room every time the door is left open is a complete annoyance. If a stranger comes it, it doesn't care. It never barks or gets mad if you mess with it.

My 17 year old cat is an important family member. It wont protect me either... but it sure is hell is worth being around unlike that particular dog.

he would protect you from waterbugs and mice which she /he knows you hate. see? subtlety.

Subitai said:
Yeah, I think it is a tie too in terms of what I like (both alot :D ), but it makes me wonder how far behind cats are in breeding when you see new stuff like an Ashera.

Since, we're sort of on the subject, has anyone seen one of these or know someone who has one?

Ashera:

- hypoallergenic
- up to 40 lb
- part african serval
- part asian leopard cat
- part regular american house cat
- "growl" (see video)
- $22,000
1803763072_defaf2a9d7.jpg

Ashera-rarest-cat-in-the-worlds-005.jpg
From alil bit of research it would appear that these are scam cats.

As in, the mother fucker(s) who claims to have the secret to making them (and selling them from some company called "lifestyles" or some shit) was actually just reselling Savannahs that he got from a breeder who had no idea he was reselling them. They proved it with DnA of his kittens showing that they in fact came from that breeder.

Savannahs are mother fucking BAD ASS CATS THAT CAN ACT LIKE CAT DOGS!
They are a cross between the Serval (a medium-sized African wild cat) and a domestic cat.
Heres a cats 101 on them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zT09M7onJs
Would love to get one of these one day! Maybe a F3 (youtubey person said F3 is like 2 grand) or F5 just to be on the safe side.

And they cost a shitton! I really don't know how people can keep the price so high given how anyone who gets a fertile Savannah should be able to mate it . . . or even if they got a Serval kitten (which I think actually cost less then a Savannah kitten . . .).

Over all I really like what I read about them! Seems like the perfect cat for someone who likes dogs but can't have one (or someone who likes both dogs and cats I guess).

EDIT- these are also cool. (Bengal cat )
bengal-cat-ss6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom