• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCORN – Prologue Gameplay Walkthrough (8 Mins)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Get an early peek at 8 minutes of new gameplay and prepare to take your first few steps into Scorn’s truly unsettling hellscape next month. With a first look at the game’s first grotesque puzzle, this new gameplay walkthrough gives players a glimpse at the immersive nightmare that awaits.

Scorn makes its way to PC (via Steam, Epic Games Store and GoG) and Xbox Series X|S (day one with Xbox Game Pass) on October 21.

Follow us @scorn_game for all the latest news.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
hnJtfSQ.gif

As grotesque as this game looks, i imagine in-universe this is how Samus Aran from the Metroid series pictures some of the planets she had encountered (minus all the phalluses). We as the player (and Nintendo's global tone of games) get a lighter envision of course.

in fact, given that the Metroid series was influenced by the Alien meta (xenomorph begot Metriods, Ridley Scott begot Ridley, the space pirate) and this game paying homage to Giger's art style(which he did art for), I would be curious to see these dev take on the Metroid PRIME series as they fully captured the atmosphere.

we'll have to see if they are good at shooters and adventure puzzles

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Super keen to go through this. Big Giger fan, just here to play this in a few settings in the pitch black with some good headphones. Expecting the gameplay to be a 5-6/10 which is fine with me when it's seven hours long with a 10/10 atmosphere.

Apocryphon

As grotesque as this game looks, i imagine in-universe this is how Samus Aran from the Metroid series pictures some of the planets she had encountered (minus all the phalluses). We as the player (and Nintendo's global tone of games) get a lighter envision of course.
I'd pay a high price for a game featuring Samus Aran exploring phallic Druuna-esque worlds.

Scorn looks gorgeous and I'm still interested, but what we have seen so far has been boring. I hope there is more to it. Good thing it's on Gamepass because I don't know how wide the appeal is for a game like this.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I was really excited about the game initially, but I think I was just awed by the graphics. It now looks kind of boring other than the visuals. I'm glad it's day 1 on Game Pass, I most likely wouldn't buy this game. I hope it's good, but I have my doubts.

JCK75

It looks like something I'd enjoy but glad I get it at no extra cost on gamepass so I don't have to take a gamble.

GenericUser

I was so ready to shit on this game and call it a walking simulator (which I guess it is, to a certain extend) but that was quite interesting to watch tbh. Lets see how this turns out, maybe we have a sleeper hit within reach.

Mato

It looks like something I could enjoy. Do we have any information on how the world is designed? Linear or with a hub?

Jennings

Scorn: Touch Pedestals to Make Walls Wiggle

I like adventure games, so this might work for me. Unfortunately, while the art style is inspired by Giger's work, it doesn't seem as evocative or dangerous as Giger's work. But this is very early in the game, so the metal-penis monsters and cyber-titty demons will probably come later.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nice to see they've improved the animation from earlier builds, which looked kinda stiff and unconvincing. But the same issues remain; take away the impressive (if derivative) aesthetic and there's really not much there at all.

Really don't see what the gameplay hook is supposed to be; and its going to need it as the novelty of the "ick" factor is going to wear off pretty quick I imagine.

rubhen925

Got a chance to check the preview as well. It's the prologue, basically the first 35-40 mins. Depending on how long the sliding pods puzzle takes you. I was expecting more involvement from the enemies and more gore, and some gunplay. But the beginning is a slow build. Creepiness is all over the environment, and the best word to use is Unsettling. Game gave me shudders in some parts. So far mostly puzzles involving the environment. You get this piston pushing gun close to end of the level. It's basically a tool to unlock objects. You can also use it on enemies (well more of environmental hazards), to break them. Kind of cool looking.

It seems each area can be tackled a couple ways, for example
the creature you find in the pod, you can either kill it, mutilate it and use it's hand, to unlock the door, or free it, make it follow you, and get it's hand stuck on the door to allow you to proceed
. Kind of interesting this one.

I got a lot to say, but I'll put that in the write up, but so far the game is definitely intriguing in a weird way.

Here's my run through the prologue. If you guys have questions, let me know. I'll try my best to answer them.

MiguelItUp

Looks good. Definitely what I expected it to be. An immersive game with exploration, that's really it. A few other things sprinkled throughout, but that's really it for the most part. Definitely won't be for everyone. But I'm down just because of the whole Giger-esque aesthetic alone.

Three

This looks like walking around a Doom level editor before they add the enemies and actual fun.
Wtf, I love walking and squeezing between tight gaps now!

On topic the game seems to have improved a lot graphically since I remember last seeing it. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.

Last edited:

Adam_802

Looks amazing, need a game like this!

This is what a true "Alien prequel" would look like. Not those stupid Prometheus/Alien:Covenant movies.

Also love laughing at stupid takes that seem to think this was supposed to be an action Doom-like game or something, lmao smh.....

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Graphically it looks quite good, it seems a priori clearly improved since the last time.

Playably is what the different gameplays let us see. That is, 70% puzzles and 30% shooting.

It will have very mixed reviews for that reason, but in this case the most important thing is that it is Day One on Gamepass and it will be "easy" to draw your own conclusions.

David Cronenberg would get his rocks off watching that.

I'm tempted to buy it for the art style alone but it's giving me hard Agony vibes. That game was so utterly boring but boy, it looked fucking good.

Top Bottom