• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCORN – Prologue Gameplay Walkthrough (8 Mins)

Bartski

Gold Member
looks too much like the inside of an asshole for me.
variety see GIF

not watching the preview. Comes out on Friday noon, that's close enough. Will there be OT?

Last edited:

Crayon

You know I kinda wish they would put old adventure game style puzzles in some of these walking simulators. I often think I'm totally in for just the story and atmosphere and they they leave me bored and I leave them unfinished. This is again one that I think I want, tho. I'll make sure to look a lil more closely when it's out.

You remember the super contra final boss ? imagine you jump inside that thing after defeating it and then you wake up in Scorn. Loving the aesthetics.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Only one review up so far? I assume the embargo date is tomorrow then

NME had theirs up, but both got taken down. NME sounds like they got frustrated on “where to go next”, so that must have been why they gave it a 3/5. There’s been the 4/5 and the 3/5 so far.

I was really disappointed in Agony, so I hope this is much better.

Last edited:
Its weird that all these outlets have reviews ready to go but can’t release them until after the game is out. I could understand if the code went out late but just holding off reviews is weird

Its weird that all these outlets have reviews ready to go but can’t release them until after the game is out. I could understand if the code went out late but just holding off reviews is weird
it's called Embargo Rules and NDA. Otherwise, we get blacklisted and do not get codes anymore. This is how it works, those are the rules of the game and if you want to be in it you have to obey it. it's marketing stuff and publishers are the ones who make up the rules.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree, there is usually a reason why those exist. Some maybe kind of silly and not make any sense sure, but not all of them. Every company has reasons to when such information is allowed to be disclosed.

You think its fair for a publisher to sell a game while telling gaming outlets to hold on to reviews that inform consumers of what they’re getting until after its on sale?

Last edited:
You think its fair for a publisher to sell a game while telling gaming outlets to hold on to reviews that inform consumers of what they’re getting until after its on sale?
100% of the embargos come out on the day of the game's release or prior to it, so I am not sure what you think the problem is. If the person is interested in purchasing the product on the day it comes out, the reviews will always be available that day. No one is forcing you to pre-order anything, that is all on you based on previews and game info. If you purchased a product before looking at its reviews and it turned out doo-doo that is the consumers fault for not doing research. Is it nice if embargos come out prior to release dates? Yeah sure, but that's not always the case and again the review information is available on day. I do not think you have a good argument here.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

yharnam (bloodborne), rapture (bioshock), arkham asylum, saint denis (red dead redemption 2) - imaginative, elaborate, engaging environments...

that's my idea of 'atmospheric'. if you feel the same way about large intestines with levers & doors, good on ya. we've all got our opinions..
Those games do have great atmosphere. My only push back to your criteria, is the idea that an environment would have to be elaborate to be considered atmospheric.

I would admit that "most" games that pull off that atmospheric feeling in their environments, do tend to be elaborate, but I believe that is correlation and not causation. If done right, a bedroom closet can have "atmosphere". It's about invoking a feeling in the player.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

This is a weird over-exaggeration. The number of games that get early reviews are in the extreme minority. In an overwhelming number of cases reviews come out on launch day.

AAA games can afford to have reviews come out early, even if the reviews aren't that great, they don't have anything to worry about. Scorn is a small publishers first game. They probably don't have that luxury.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
This is a weird over-exaggeration. The number of games that get early reviews are in the extreme minority. In an overwhelming number of cases reviews come out on launch day.

This place is notorious for saying the game probably isn't good if reviews are published the day of release.

Honestly feels like this has been the sentiment for a long while.

Top Bottom