• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwes

Hooooooooly crap.

I just started reading the first book. I'm loving it so far.
Thanks, GAF.

Not a fan of Cera, but I think he might be good in this.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
MUST DOWNLOAD THIS NAOO.

Okay iTunes, I will wait 10 minutes to save this in glorious 1080p before watching.

This today, and Kick-Ass tomorrow, greatest weekend ever?

why do I have to be on a netbook :/

why did I not bring headphones :/

why am I not home so I can watch this in peace and...I should probably stop there

only seven more hours until I can watch it!

Veidt

All these posts of hype. This shit better be the second coming of the Matrix or something.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Screenshot2010-03-25at122717PM.png

...her?

Cera as expected is absolutely fucking awful. Everything else looks amazing but the main character. What a flub. He looks like he is about to cry in every single scene.

oatmeal

Banned
YES!

As the only person here who's seen this movie *ahem* :D, I can say this trailer a decent indication of what you're in for.

It's a lot more awesome than that trailer.

Veidt

Just watched it

the wait, oh god it HURTS.

they used the "KO" from SF?! OH GOD

SecretBonusPoint said:
Cera as expected is absolutely fucking awful. Everything else looks amazing but the main character. What a flub. He looks like he is about to cry in every single scene.

I thought he was plenty rad. I don't know though. Bryan Lee O'Malley seems to think he's great in it. Seems like an untrustworthy source who knows next to nothing about the character.

;D

Jibril said:
All these posts of hype. This shit better be the second coming of the Matrix or something.

well, this is gaf and benbird would get an A+++ if this was a classroom!

I mean...GET HYPED WOOOH. Recently trailers have been super awesome with Iron Man 2, Tron and (response may change in 7 hours) this.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Everything about this trailer is what you'd get if you melted down a pure block of awesome ore.

...and holycrap at the defeated enemy turning into coins at the end.

purg3

slept with Malkin
for someone who has no frame of reference to the source material, the trailer was cool and makes me want to see this movie.

EXCEEDS ALL EXPECTATIONS!

(This is special for me, because, finally, my city stars in a good movie, it takes place in places I frequent, and I've been following the comic since before it launched...)

BenjaminBirdie said:
I thought he was plenty rad. I don't know though. Bryan Lee O'Malley seems to think he's great in it. Seems like an untrustworthy source who knows next to nothing about the character.

;D

Yes we've done this dance before. You can pretend all you want, as can O'Malley, Cera's Scott is like the complete opposite of what the books present. Just from that trailer you can see every single other character and actor outshine him. It's going to be an incredibly unintentionally ironic film in that the IN THE MOVIE TITLE character himself is the one you will walk out of the cinema not giving a shit about in any way because it was "just Michael Cera" again.

purg3 said:
for someone who has no frame of reference to the source material, the trailer was cool and makes me want to see this movie.

I was actually wondering what the experience would be like for someone in this situation.

AWESOME!!!

SecretBonusPoint said:
Yes we've done this dance before. You can pretend all you want, as can O'Malley, Cera's Scott is like the complete opposite of what the books present. Just from that trailer you can see every single other character and actor outshine him. It's going to be an incredibly unintentionally ironic film in that the IN THE MOVIE TITLE character himself is the one you will walk out of the cinema not giving a shit about in any way because it was "just Michael Cera" again.

*shrug*

Still don't see it.

elwes

Danielsan said:
Awesome, but Cera's Scott is nothing like the way he comes across in the comic.
Judging from the trailer that is.

Yeah, he seems way too subdued. Scott in the comic is goofy neurotic, not bashful neurotic.

wonkafest

Errr Michael Cera as Michael Cera, he didn't remind me of Scott at all. Overall trailer looked pretty meh. I still have hope Edgar Wright will come through though.

jett

D-Member
Didn't blow my mind. It tries to get there, but fails to go the extra mile like Speed Racer does.

The Street Fighter II sound effect was nice, though. :p

Danielsan

SecretBonusPoint said:
Yes we've done this dance before. You can pretend all you want, as can O'Malley, Cera's Scott is like the complete opposite of what the books present.
Exactly. In the books (only read the first one, the rest is one its way) he is a silly, slightly dumb, cocky and geeky asshole.
Micheal Cera plays him as awkward and insecure. Which I find odd given the source material.

harSon

Banned
The direction looks awesome, as expected from Edgar Wright, but Michael Cera... I can't get over the fact that he's the star of the movie. I think my hate for Cera might be bigger than my love for Mr. Wright :(

Veidt

SOMEONE PLEASE Gif the "KO" part ( in avatar format) PLEASE
where is oneeightzero when you need him?!?!

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
I'm indifferent to the trailer, but still pretty interested given Wright at the helm. Michael Cera is just so awful though.

harSon said:
The direction looks awesome, as expected from Edgar Wright, but Michael Cera... I can't get over the fact that he's the star of the movie. I think my hate for Cera might be bigger than my love for Mr. Wright :(
He's just insufferable. The fixed, listless expression on his face at all times, the inability to command a scene or convey any emotion whatsoever. He has the acting talent and range of a potted plant.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
As a guy who has no bearing on the books, this looks like No More Heroes: A Cautionary Love Story.

And as such has me strangely intrigued, if only for the references (KAY OH-oh-oh) and irreverence.

Danielsan

You know, I like Cera.
I just wish he showed some range and would play Scott as... well as the Scott portrayed in the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom