• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
awwwww sheeeeeet.

I'm down even if i'm starting to get tired of that indie rock michael cera shit. Fuckin' play a sax and wear some nikes or something. CHANGE IT UP A LITTLE BIT.

Oh god Cera is awful.

Maybe... maybe the trailer is just trying to play towards some sort of Michael Cera fanbase? And is just making him seem nothing like the actual movie? Maybe?

jett

D-Member
Man the girls in this movie are some kind of ugly.

Son of Godzilla said:
Oh god Cera is awful.

Maybe... maybe the trailer is just trying to play towards some sort of Michael Cera fanbase? And is just making him seem nothing like the actual movie? Maybe?

Nope.

oatmeal

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Oh god Cera is awful.

I think that's a fair assessment. He's pretty timid throughout, but they picked out a lot of MICHAEL CERA-y moments.

wRATH2x

Banned
Looks awesome, but Cera is obviously the weakest link.

Hey I like the guy but he shouldn't have been Scott Pilgrim.

Danielsan

jett said:
Man the girls in this movie are some kind of ugly.
Scott's sis looks pretty good.

wRATH2x said:
Looks awesome, but Cera is obviously the weakest link.

Hey I like the guy but he shouldn't have been Scott Pilgrim.
Cera could have played Neil.
Fits him perfectly.

Oli

Looks good. Not sure about the little comic written sound effects that pop up, but seems pretty good.

Talon

RubxQub said:
Screenshot2010-03-25at122717PM.png

...her?
Reunited at last.

rikichi

Never read the comics. Don't know shit what it's about but after seeing the trailer, it looks like it could be a fun movie.

Btw, the chick from grindhouse is cute. Purple hair and all.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Chris Evans and Brandon Routh pull the douche look with so much poise it's surreal.

1hxzb.jpg

STEPHEN STILLS

Edit: Some people seem to forget that Scott Pilgrim is actually Cera-ish for a big part of the series. I agree that he is lacking Scott's trademark ADD, but I'm not going to judge him just yet.

I already cringed looking at Cera's face when it zoomed in on him. Looked like he was about to cry or something.

Still, in Edgar Wright I trust. And everything else but the title character looks awesome.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
fuckin-a, finally. I'm so curious to see what edgar wright's stuff is like without simon pegg...no question that pegg's writing and acting are great, but a pretty hefty chunk of what made Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz so amazing seemed tied to the directing and post-production (throw Asylum and Bill Bailey in there too, if you want, but Spaced is where it really starts to show).

now to watch the trailer.....*crosses fingers*

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
jett said:
They're the worst part of the trailer. It's Wright trying too hard.
No dude, they're like the best part. :D
I was hoping they'd keep those in.

jett

D-Member
Man fuck Quicktime gets WORSE every fucking day. I can't export this movie into a mp4 file from the QT player, I can't make the temp download in the quicktime folder play on anything.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Uh, it's a movie about dudes who turn into tokens when they're defeated. He's not trying too hard at all.

Well I still don't like 'em! :p

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Jason.....schwartzman?

so guuuuuuud.

and i'm pretty sure i'm the only dude on this planet that always enjoys chris evans.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
ThirstyFly said:
Oh man, looks like Wright nailed it (as expected).

Teaser is seriously missing some Wallace though.
Problem is, every character in SP is fucking golden. I missed Knives, Kim Pine, Stephen Stills, Envy Adams, Wallace and even douche-Young Neill, but you can't cram everyone in a trailer :(

jett

D-Member
Funky Papa said:
Problem is, every character in SP is fucking golden. I missed Knives, Kim Pine, Stephen Stills, Envy Adams, Wallace and even douche-Young Neill, but you can't cram everyone in a trailer :(

I hope Wright nailed the character interactions/relationships. That's the best part of the comics, not the action stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom