• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
jett said:
I hope Wright nailed the character interactions/relationships. That's the best part of the comics, not the action stuff.

The character interactions/relationships were also the best part of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I seriously doubt he'd drop the ball on this one.

Empty

Looks good, but still really doubtful over Cera as he was doing the same nervous dork thing again in the trailer which isn't really Scott Pilgrim (rating: AWESOME).

Love the action snippets.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Waiting until after the movie to get into the books, but who is Pilgrim supposed to be like (actor-wise)? Cera seems fine to me.

Oli

jett said:
I hope Wright nailed the character interactions/relationships. That's the best part of the comics, not the action stuff.

I always kind of figured that the movie would really hit home with the action stuff honestly. I'm not putting any hype into the other area.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Never read any of these books but I just watched the trailer. Guess now I have to read them cause that looks pretty good.

Ri'Orius

I almost missed the bus to work because I saw this thread before I left this morning.

Looks amazing--hype +100. Still, wish there was more of the awesome supporting cast (esp. Wallace, Knives and Kim), but I guess they can't really do much of that for a trailer.

Now I just need to figure out how to upgrade my avatar to an animated version...

Hell yeah they released a real honest to goodness trailer. I figured we would be stuck watching shitty camera phone leaks for 2 weeks like we usually do before the release the trailer.

I love Ramona's "shocked" zoom in at the end of the trailer where she still looks mostly non-plussed.

:lol

Someone GIF that please, it's better than Troy McClure slapping his jaw in Dr. Nick's infomercial.

:lol :lol :lol

harSon

Banned
They should have just casted Emile Hirsch as Scott Pilgrim, he looks young enough and his last attempt at an adaptation was beyond awesome :(

harSon said:
They should have just casted Emile Hirsch as Scott Pilgrim, he looks young enough and his last attempt at an adaptation was beyond awesome :(

Emile Hirsch is great, I wonder what he's doing. Definitely my favorite of the young actors (alongside JGL).

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Costanza said:
Who's the girl at the end talking to Scott? She's so pretty.
Anna Kendrick? I take it you've never watched Up in the Air, or Twilight...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Funky Papa said:
According to all reports Kim Pine, Wallace and Knives are comic-perfect, so I'm not worried.
The early reviews all seem super positive on Knives to boot.

Dresden

Eh... movie looks awesome, and I'll definitely see it, but Cera just isn't working out. Scott was a pimp in the comic, there's a reason so many chicks want him. Cera is like the opposite of that; as someone said earlier in this thread, he's Young Neil, not Scott Pilgrim.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
fuck yes! dude totally nailed it!!!

edgar wright's brilliance both maintained and confirmed. now i wanna see a simon pegg script w/o wright for comparison :lol

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i love michael cera. i see every movie he's in twenty times in the theaters to keep him showing up in every film possible. he should be the next batman.

Beardz

Looks like almost all today movies uses that next-gen-brownish-high-contrast-lack-of-color-filter, I'm kinda get tired of it.

I suppose is because they are filmed in interiors with green screens with a lot of post production, oh well.

wRATH2x

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Waiting until after the movie to get into the books, but who is Pilgrim supposed to be like (actor-wise)? Cera seems fine to me.
Fun loving, energetic, cocky and sometimes an asshole.

A.K.A. Not Cera.

beelzebozo said:
i love michael cera. i see every movie he's in twenty times in the theaters to keep him showing up in every film possible. he should be the next batman.

Psh. He'd be wasted playing Batman. He should be the next Joker.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
PhoenixDark said:
That looks shitty meh.

Should have just done an animated movie
14a3as.jpg

Obligatory.

Rorschach

I wonder if I'm going to feel this way about Cera if the AD movie ever comes around. I didn't think I hated him, but the second he came into frame, I grimaced. Then, I scowled. I couldn't even concentrate on the trailer. :(

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Router said:
Dear Lord. Bless this thread with gifs :)

Like I said before, where is OneEightZero when you need him ?

gif the KO part please :D

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I do think in the trailer they were showing quite a few "Cera-y" moments, but when the action started I did get a Scott vibe.

The emotional baggage scene at the end of the trailer was spot on Pilgrim IMO. The rest was too much Cera.

We will see. I hope this whole film delivers.

KingDirk

I'm gonna need to see more from Cera, but every other aspect was awesome. Am bummed at the lack of Knives and Wallace in the trailer, though.

Going to have to get used to seeing Gideon not in shadow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom