• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truant said:
jesse-1.jpg
Perfect.

Ri'Orius

Dresden said:
Eh... movie looks awesome, and I'll definitely see it, but Cera just isn't working out. Scott was a pimp in the comic, there's a reason so many chicks want him. Cera is like the opposite of that; as someone said earlier in this thread, he's Young Neil, not Scott Pilgrim.

Scott was "cutesey and unassuming." He "stalked [Ramona] until she left the party" because he didn't know how to interact with her properly. He asked her out by ordering something from Amazon.ca (what's the address to there again?) and hoping that she would deliver it. Scott couldn't remember whether sheep or pigs have curly tails.

Scott is kind of a loser. Cera, while not spot-on, is by no means off.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
ezekial45 said:
Didn't this guy rip off Cera's act in Zombeland?
That's actually true :lol

Cera is going to be perfect for when Scott stalks Ramona

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Truant said:

I agree. He would do Michael Cera better than Michael Cera does Michael Cera. In thus doubling the Michael Cera of the film. On top of that he has to be cheaper. YOU CANT PASS UP THAT DEAL.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ri'Orius said:
Scott was "cutesey and unassuming." He "stalked [Ramona] until she left the party" because he didn't know how to interact with her properly. He asked her out by ordering something from Amazon.ca (what's the address to there again?) and hoping that she would deliver it. Scott couldn't remember whether sheep or pigs have curly tails.

Yup. As I said, Cera needs just a little bit of ADD. Let's remember that Scott doesn't "get it together" until volume #4.

Oli

Ri'Orius said:

The fact is, there is no perfect actor to play such a crazy character. He only exists in the books. As far as actors go, I don't think Cera is the worst choice, but people will complain anyway because of who he is, not how well he can pull off the role.

I don't watch many movies.

I think Cera did a decent job, from what we see in the trailer.

Then again, 4/5ths of the trailer involved him getting smashed and trashed, and the other half was him smashing and trashing.

Talk about GAF overreactions.

dmshaposv

jett said:
They're the worst part of the trailer. It's Wright trying too hard.

You are trying too hard to hate. I can imagine them being out of place in a realistic movie, but for movie that will most likely be kinetic, over-the-top and fun - they look perfectly in line.

ezekial45

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Apple's site has the trailer available for download. I'm TRYING to edit some GIFs, but Photoshop sucks.

It doesn't DL properly for me. I'd rather get some links from elsewhere.

JDSN

Banned
Discotheque said:
Personally I'd rather have Edgar Wright direct a No More Heroes film in this style :D
Thats the thing, it feels like like No More Teen Heroes but everything feels so off in the fighting scenes, not just Cera.

It looks pretty corny tbh and Cera just looks so out of place. However, I've heard great things about the book so I'll probably go see it, plus that chick is cute.

And yeah, this looked like No More Heroes for some reason.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
_dementia said:
can anyone convert this to HD mp4 so i can play it on my glorious PS3?
Just snag it and put it through Handbrake.
effingvic said:
It looks pretty corny tbh and Cera just looks so out of place. However, I've heard great things about the book so I'll probably go see it, plus that chick is cute.
Early screenings are pretty positive, despite Cera. And we don't even see most of the cast in the trailer either.

Eric WK

Jesse Eisenberg is twice the fucking actor Cera is.

BenjaminBirdie said:
*shrug*

Still don't see it.

Dude, you know I always got your back but you can put the kool-aid down once in a while. The trailer was excellent and I'm sure the final product will be too, but what we just saw of Cera was average and, at least for me, even distracting from all of the awesomeness.

Eric WK said:
Dude, you know I always got your back but you can put the kool-aid down once in a while. The trailer was excellent and I'm sure the final product will be too, but what we just saw of Cera was average and, at least for me, even distracting from all of the awesomeness.

I live in a permanent state of enthusiasm unless it's something I really detest.

WAVERING IN-BETWEEN OKAYNESS IS A NO GO.

;D

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
I live in a permanent state of enthusiasm unless it's something I really detest.

WAVERING IN-BETWEEN OKAYNESS IS A NO GO.

;D

:lol

Could be worse. At least you live in a permanent state of enthusiasm for things of merit.

I think this film might flop pretty bad at the Box Office though.

Up against The Expendables AND stars Michael Cera. Audiences are sick of him as witnessed by his poor Box Office results.

After watching it again, I think Cera might actually be fine. His biggest problem is that he looks so goddamn young. Scott is what, 23? Cera eternally looks 14.

effingvic said:

And yeah, this looked like No More Heroes for some reason.

Why it's not as if the book and No More Heroes pay nigh' constant homage to video games. That couldn't possibly be the reason?

Looks awesome, I'm not going to put Cera down yet; mostly due to my trust in Edgar but also because as others have pointed out, most of the moments shown are kinda Cera styled moments.

Also Ramona looks fucking hot.

Son of Godzilla said:
After watching it again, I think Cera might actually be fine. His biggest problem is that he looks so goddamn young. Scott is what, 23? Cera eternally looks 14.

In all fairness Scott's a short, clean shaven man-child. I don't think it's too far fetched to think he looks young (albeit maybe Cera's 14 year old look is a little too much)

7Th

All those ridiculous close-ups on Cera's inexpressive face were terrible, he looks stupidly out-of-place. Everything else was fine.

Danielsan

Discotheque said:
I think this film might flop pretty bad at the Box Office though.

Up against The Expendables AND stars Michael Cera. Audiences are sick of him as witnessed by his poor Box Office results.
Who gives a shit.
Movie will do well among the geeks and Blu-ray sales will back it up.

7Th

Ri'Orius said:

Scott is a loud and extremely expressive guy with the mentality of a child. Cera always plays the same quiet awkward loser that can't get his emotions across, he couldn't be a worse fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom