• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
ezekial45 said:
It won't play in WMP for me.
D'you have WMP 12 ? I exactly don't know since when WMP started playing MP4 files. I've got it over clocked with plugins by the way ( it even plays MKV for me).

Try itunes, or VLC. If it works, it'll most likely work on your PS3

Speculator

BioWare Austin
S0eTj.gif

DIBS :D

Dead

well not really...yet
Wow, Cera looks totally fucking miscast and out of his league compared to everyone else in the movie

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
DanielPlainview said:
just watched it in HD....again. Gets better everytime. the SF Alpha 3 thing is the best thing ever. This is THE movie of GAF. :lol
Seriously. I geeked the fuck out :lol

Only thing that'd make it even greater is if Edgar Wright used the MGS ! Alert! sound :lol

Eric Hall

Trailer is awesome and this is coming from someone who only just started reading the series.

Also I call dibs on this:

SfJFb.gif

Gracias

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Rorschach said:
Not that it won't be good, but Kevin Smith loves everything.
Pretty sure he hates Superman Returns at the very least. And that article also mentioned Tarantino and Jason Reitman liking the movie, so it's not like it was Kevin alone.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
brianjones said:
interest in your bold rejection of social norms as evidenced by your dyed hair

or that the source material is anime

shit I was just about to ask if her hair color symbolizes anything because it changes in the trailer.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
XiaNaphryz said:
Pretty sure he hates Superman Returns at the very least. And that article also mentioned Tarantino and Jason Reitman liking the movie, so it's not like it was Kevin alone.
And yet, Tarantino loves it. Weird shit.

Sol.. said:
or that the source material is anime

shit I was just about to ask if her hair color symbolizes anything because it changes in the trailer.
Seems to change with every boyfriend fight so....yea.

Ok GAF, I'm trusting you. Not a big graphic novel / comic guy but I'm buying into the hype and just ordered the first two volumes off Amazon. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Sir Garbageman said:
Ok GAF, I'm trusting you. Not a big graphic novel / comic guy but I'm buying into the hype and just ordered the first two volumes off Amazon. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
As a guy that doesn't read comics/graphic novels, I love each and every Scott Pilgrim book.

jett

D-Member
god that girl is so fucking ugly. whoever puts that gif as his avatar I think I'll be forced to block them. :p

Strike

Really digging the cinematography. Looks like a video game. Casting looks good but still kinda iffy on Cera. I need to see a full trailer.

Sir Garbageman said:

i blind bought all five volumes sometime last year and fell in love with it
it just speaks to a certain demographic

Einbroch

Banned
_dementia said:
i blind bought all five volumes sometime last year and fell in love with it
it just speaks to a certain demographic
Just did this last week. Read through the first one so far. I'm liking it, but not totally loving it.

exarkun

Wow the trailer was good. Never seen this type of movie (with ridiculous actions scenes and goofy antics) seemingly pulled off this well.

Why would people compare this to speed racer? Racer was universally panned as shit, with many of the people we are using now to talk about Pilgrim either not giving a fuck about Racer or not saying good things about it. Also, Racer didn't have a demographic. Just old people who remembered the cartoon.

Can't wait to see this. Though the gf might put up a fight.

Chairhome

Viddler link, for anyone having trouble watching it at work (like me)

Looks great. I haven't read the series yet, I kinda want to wait till after the movie because I always "ruin" my enjoyment of the movie by reading the books first. The only thing I really know about the book is that the band "Clash at Demonhead" is a reference to one of my favorite NES games as a child. And that's all I need to know.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Jangaroo said:
HOLY CRAP!!! I was trying to figure out why she looked so familiar :lol
I posted the "...her?" reference earlier!

FUCK! :lol

Chairhome said:
Viddler link, for anyone having trouble watching it at work (like me)

Looks great. I haven't read the series yet, I kinda want to wait till after the movie because I always "ruin" my enjoyment of the movie by reading the books first. The only thing I really know about the book is that the band "Clash at Demonhead" is a reference to one of my favorite NES games as a child. And that's all I need to know.
it's also a reference to one the author's favorite NES games

This is Gaf's Twilight...

Between this and KICK ASS in the theaters, the GAF public is lubing itself up pretty good.

I love Edgar Wright's work, but haven't read the comics, and will maybe possibly Netflix this sometime next year.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
why is kick ass even being mentioned in the same thread as scott pilgrim? i've read both and scott pilgrim is top notch nerd referencing uber relatable fun where kick ass is... a mark millar story.

seeing this tonight... haven't seen any trailers or anything so i'm going in FRESH

why is kick ass even being mentioned in the same thread as scott pilgrim? i've read both and scott pilgrim is top notch nerd referencing uber relatable fun where kick ass is... a mark millar story.

Well, for the uninformed (me) two super stylized kind of super-hero flicks with self referential humor and flashy fight scenes. Though this one has more anime and video game stuff in it.

Askani

Trailer is so good. Can't wait for the release!

Also, I can't hate on Roxy (Mae Whitman). She's been in too much awesome stuff for me to give her crap.

jon bones said:

seeing this tonight... haven't seen any trailers or anything so i'm going in FRESH

Totally! What on Earth does that drek have to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom