• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD TRAILER LEVEL UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
I can't believe they are fucking screening this already. God dammit. I would probably hop on a plane to NYC right this second for a chance to watch the movie this fucking early. :(

Costanza said:
I can't believe they are fucking screening this already. God dammit. I would probably hop on a plane to NYC right this second for a chance to watch the movie this fucking early. :(

I think these screening have unfinished effects work. Don't know if I'd want to see it like that. Although, I'm surprised there hasn't been one in the Pilgrim Motherland - Toronto!

The Ward

Neo Member
OneEightZero said:
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Trailer One
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to call dibs on the avatar you like so there are no duplicates. ^_^
IcinK.gif

...Stacy is the hottest. ^_^

Dibs on this one!

And fuck, I am really excited for this movie. Really, really excited. Was quite some time ago I was this excited for a movie...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
iddqd said:
feel too old for the film

Tell me about it: this has to be some generational thing, because I was cringing through most of the trailer, which came off to me like some big, gooey pastiche of awkward Gen-Y clichés. It's cool everyone's excited for this, I guess, but those two minutes made me less interested than when I didn't know a damn thing about it.

Cosmic Bus said:
Tell me about it: this has to be some generational thing, because I was cringing through most of the trailer, which came off to me like some big, gooey pastiche of awkward Gen-Y clichés. It's cool everyone's excited for this, I guess, but those two minutes made me less interested than when I didn't know a damn thing about it.

i know what you mean.. i feel like if this came out 4-5 years ago I'd be going apeshit.

Smidget

Cosmic Bus said:

+1 :/

Amir0x

Banned
I... just fucking holy fuck. I didn't even think Michael Cera was that bad and I was totally doubting him! He kinda fits my imagination of Scott Pilgrim, at least his wide eyed expressiveness. Not so much when he talks but I mean that's years of Michael Cera backlash spewing out.

Everything else is so perfect! They nailed some of the characters looks so perfectly!

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE HYPE IS OVERFLOW

Amir0x said:
I... just fucking holy fuck. I didn't even think Michael Cera was that bad and I was totally doubting him! He kinda fits my imagination of Scott Pilgrim, at least his wide eyed expressiveness. Not so much when he talks but I mean that's years of Michael Cera backlash spewing out.

Everything else is so perfect! They nailed some of the characters looks so perfectly!

I pointed it out earlier, but he nails the terrified tiny smile when he first sees Ramona.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hooooly shit this looks amazing. Can Edgar Wright do anything less than impossibly good? I guess he can't.

I've been meaning to start reading this comic forever now. This reminded me about it again.

Also, give me a break about being too old for this. You're never too old to watch a good kids movie, no matter what age it comes from, like Goonies etc.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Cosmic Bus said:

I'm 25 and I agree. For some reason I am feeling too old for the movie but not too old for the Comic.

I h ave no idea if that makes sense, or not.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Looks awesome

harSon

Banned
Amir0x said:

I don't see how you can cum powerfully over this, yet be the biggest Speed Racer hater on this forum :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
harSon said:
I don't see how you can cum powerfully over this, yet be the biggest Speed Racer hater on this forum :lol
How can anyone hate Speed Racer :(

Banned
harSon said:
Yeah this movie looks like this year speed racer, without the incredible visuals.

ezekial45

Banned
harSon said:
:lol :lol

I completely forgot. I remember him trolling the Speed Racer thread hard. He walked out halfway into it, and tried to debate with everyone who liked it.

eXistor

Looks pretty dam cool to me. I have the first comic but never got around to actually reading it. I just might have to one of these days.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This was the best thing to wake up to today HOLY SHIT.

FUUUUUCK AUGUST CAN"T COME SOON ENOUGH.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like how grey it looks. In my mind, Scott Pilgrim has always been super-colourful.
With all the muted colours and lens flares, it looks like every other post-production intensive blockbuster, but with Hulk/XII-esque comic-book overlays. :(

Still excited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom