• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves arrives on PS5 April 30th

ManaByte

Gold Member

• Sea of Thieves, the shared world adventure game from Rare, will be coming to PlayStation 5 on April 30 – and will be available to wishlist by PlayStation 5 players starting tomorrow, February 22. Having built a passionate community of more than 35 million players from around the world, the support of cross play for Xbox, PlayStation and PC will allow players to experience epic pirate adventures with friends on more platforms.

tumblr_p9b6izKjf01saw731o7_540.gif

tumblr_lxjz0hn9Nd1qjhjdwo1_r1_500.gif

I will take any PS5 owner out on my Seinfeld fleet to teach them the game.

If there are three others, we'll sail on my Galleon; Serenity Now.

Two others can sail on my Brig, Summer of George.

If there's only one other, we'll duo on No Sloop For You.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I will take any PS5 owner out on my Seinfeld fleet to teach them the game.

If there are three others, we'll sail on my Galleon; Serenity Now.

Two others can sail on my Brig, Summer of George.

If there's only one other, we'll duo on No Sloop For You.

Mr.ODST

Wonder if they will do a special ship design for Switch and PS players, my ships are decked out in Halo, Ori and Original Xbox gear (if you got a series X/S you got the Original Xbox look for your ship). would be pretty cool for those players

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wonder if they will do a special ship design for Switch and PS players, my ships are decked out in Halo, Ori and Original Xbox gear (if you got a series X/S you got the Original Xbox look for your ship). would be pretty cool for those players
200.gif

GladiusFrog

Do you think we will be able to transfer our progress to the Sony platform?

If that's the case I'll go from my old rickety PC to PS5 in a heartbeat.

LordCBH

I don’t usually care for this type of game and I still ended up enjoying this with friends when they convinced me to get it on steam like two years ago, so it’s pretty good.

It could. It runs on Unreal 4 and still runs on the Xbox One. Probably saving it for the Switch 2 launch though.
Oh I was thinking more of the online side. Are there any online open world games on Switch that are similar? I can't really think of any.

Edit: they've managed to put Grounded on it so who knows.

In any case, yeah I also expect to see it on Switch 2.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wonder when development started on these ports?

Doesn't take much. They did the PS5 patch on the PC/Xbox yesterday. Actually improved the PC client as a result (added DX12 support).

Try it again, it turned out pretty damn good.

Season 11 revamped progression and it's even better now. You can go to level 100 with each trading company now (up from 75) and after 100 it works like old CoD prestige where it resets down to level 1 again and you level up to 100. Each time you prestige you get a ring.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Now Sony players can feel the disappointment the rest of us had to endure.

That said haven’t played in years but man what a good looking waste of a game at launch.
It's a completely renovated game now, There is a lot of content and changes since the early days.

If you like Adventure, Pirates and Excellent game design this game is for you.

The passion and love from the developers shines through in this one, I love it. 💚

I know a lot of people love this game, but I just can’t stand it. The last time I played it was for the Monkey Island expansion, and it was a pain in the ass to start the expansion and the only way to save was to finish a whole episode. Absolute crap.

Schmick

I know a lot of people love this game, but I just can’t stand it. The last time I played it was for the Monkey Island expansion, and it was a pain in the ass to start the expansion and the only way to save was to finish a whole episode. Absolute crap.
There's multiple check points when playing through the missions. You can return to the game and the latest checkpoint by selecting the Tale from the Captains table.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Certainly possible, but unfortunately doesn’t work most of the time on cross platform/cross save releases.

It does with SoT. Everything is server side (it's a MMO) and it tracks EVERYTHING.

They usually turn off achievements at the start of a season due to the server load. But then when they turn them back on you get them retroactively.

Last edited:
Top Bottom