• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves: Official Review Thread

Leocarian

Banned
Hello Friends,

Sea of Thieves has been out for a few days and yes I am aware of another review thread. However, I decided to make a new one with actual scores and final verdicts. Here are the current final reviews for Sea of Thieves. Discuss!

Gaming Instincts (This is ours and was reviewed by me) - https://www.gaminginstincts.com/sea-of-thieves-review-is-this-the-return-of-classic-rare/ - Score 7.5

Video Version -

At the end of the day, we wish the best for Rare, and we hope that the community has the faith in Sea of Thieves and Rare to do whatever it takes to make this game absolutely amazing in the near future. Our only concern is that with how lackluster the game is right now, we're afraid that the player base might drop, and that the support will be ceased. We deeply hope that that's not the case, because Microsoft, in its current state, cannot lose another game in its exclusives library. At its core Sea of Thieves definitely feels like an old-school classic with that Rare magic, but unfortunately we live in a different time, when expectations are a lot higher and it takes a lot more than just a quirky, whimsical art-style to get by in the over-saturated and competitive online video game market.

Destructoid - https://www.destructoid.com/review-sea-of-thieves-495603.phtmlt - Score 6.5

The foundation is great. The fundamentals are there. It doesn't take much imagination to see how this game could blossom into something magnificent. But so long as it's missing long-term depth and incentives to stick around past the first few weeks, Sea of Thieves will feel like a missed opportunity.

Polygon - https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/22/17151248/sea-of-thieves-review-xbox-one-pc - Score 6.5

Sea of Thieves has the foundation of an incredible experience. It is a true pirate game that simulates the experience of piracy perfectly. And yet, after those first few jaw-dropping hours, you’re going to start feeling less like Blackbeard and more like Blackbeard’s accountant.

GamesRadar - https://www.gamesradar.com/sea-of-thieves-review/ - Score 3.5/5

The stories you create as a group of friends - whether it’s just getting totally grogged and vomiting on each other, giggling away down the mics, or taking on the Skeleton Fort and coming away with the loot - are what’s going to keep you coming back for more.

In that way, Rare’s first emergent world game has been a triumph. The studio has created a stunning map with the best water I’ve ever seen in games (seriously, just watch the way the waves break over the hull of your ship and tell me you’re not mesmerised) that’s totally filled with potential for storytelling, but not a lot else.

AVForums - https://www.avforums.com/review/sea-of-thieves-xbox-one-review.14796 -

"For all its entertaining breakout moments, there's so little to it right now that it's hard to recommend – so limited is its sandbox that it's less a box of sand and more a jar of dirt

ACG - Score - Wait Before You Buy

Pretty Good Gaming - Score - X Marks the Xtreme Disappointment

Angry Joe - Score 4/10

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I really hope SoT gets more content as it just feels still more like a beta just scratching the surface.

If it doesn't get some major support it will be in trouble fast.

I know its silly but looking earlier SoT had dropped to 8th watched game on Twitch and will drop FAST without content.

EBE

Will wait until the first large overhaul/content update. Sounds unfortunately slim at the moment. Shame.

1521490023-t13jj8101sm012.png

WaterAstro

Well, uh why do we have another thread? I know that other thread OP wasn't really updating it, so might as well close a thread.

xviper

this is xbox's No man's sky, i'm glad i never gave a shit about any of them because i knew both of them are trash and i was right

Leocarian

Banned
this is xbox's No man's sky, i'm glad i never gave a shit about any of them because i knew both of them are trash and i was right

Sea of Thieves is actually in a far better position than No Man's Sky was and it also has a great foundation and polish. Sea of Thieves is far far from a trash game, just because a game is lacking content does not mean it's trash. At its core the game works very well and is very fun. Just got off a 4 hour session and had a blast with a buddy of mine.

People really need to stop jumping to conclusions and agreeing with every single game critic there is.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

I get it may not be everyone's cup of tea and they do need to add in more but I am personally enjoying what I have played so far. Certainly more fun with friends.

Cato

Banned
Sea of Thieves is actually in a far better position than No Man's Sky was and it also has a great foundation and polish that NMS does not. Sea of Thieves is far far from a trash game, just because a game is lacking content does not mean it's trash.

I am sorry but it does and it is.
Sure, given enough time and money even slaughtering grounds might become a good game.
But that is irrelevant. The situation now is that SOT is an incomplete grindfest with no goal.
Right now it IS trash.

SoT so far looks like a seriously out of touch entry into the "game as a service" genre.
I don't know but I think Rare will be shut down within months as this game fails,
That saddens me as I liked their groundbreaking work with Knight Lore and later releases.

VAL0R

Banned
Get a little PUBG in SoT. Have a message delivered to every crew on a server that in 10 minutes in quadrant X a massive sea battle will take place and the last ship standing will receive a great reward. Once you enter that zone and the battle begins, other ships could be forbidden from entering by extreme lightning strikes and shark infested waters in a ring around the battle zone. The storm zone slowly shrinks as the numbers of sailors/boats remaining decreases.

That would be super fun, and a completely different gameplay mode from anything they have right now. And they have all the content to make it happen. This game has so much potential and I think a great deal of it can be realized still.

VAL0R

Banned
Or they could even have battle modes, say with teams, over objectives on land and sea. "Fortess siege" or even capture the flag. Limit respawns in that instance, etc.

Leocarian

Banned
I am sorry but it does and it is.
Sure, given enough time and money even slaughtering grounds might become a good game.
But that is irrelevant. The situation now is that SOT is an incomplete grindfest with no goal.
Right now it IS trash.

SoT so far looks like a seriously out of touch entry into the "game as a service" genre.
I don't know but I think Rare will be shut down within months as this game fails,
That saddens me as I liked their groundbreaking work with Knight Lore and later releases.

Gonna have too correct you on this one. The game does have a goal and it's to get all your trading companies to level rank 50.

Once that's done, you go to a tavern on any of the outpost and talk to the mysterious stranger and take on the Athenas quest line in order to get access to the secret hideout.

Once that is done, you get the hidden hideout where you will now always spawn when you log into a game. Then you may or may not invite other players to your hideout.

There are also a bunch of ghostly pirate NPCs that hint at future content (as stated by the devs) there is also a Pirate Lord that gives you legendary voyages that are different form public trading companies.

How different they are? I have no clue. Cause I never go that far and it takes a very long time to get to that status nor do I know anyone that's a pirate legend.

The issue is that how grindy the game is to get there. I personally don't mind it but it would be far better if they had other avenues of getting to pirate legend by maybe getting more rank ups faster in different ways but they do not.

Sea of Thieves is actually in a far better position than No Man's Sky was and it also has a great foundation and polish that NMS does not. Sea of Thieves is far far from a trash game, just because a game is lacking content does not mean it's trash. At its core the game works very well and is very fun. Just got off a 4 hour session and had a blast with a buddy of mine.

People really need to stop jumping to conclusions and agreeing with every single game critic there is.
Anecdotal, but when I came into work this morning one of my coworkers, that I didn't even realize had an xbox one, randomly started recounting some fun shenanigans that he experienced last night while playing solo. I'm pretty much with you on this one. It's a good game that will be even better as they release more content. I've seen many people continue to bash the game when they have yet to actually play the game for themselves. It's fine if you're trying to decide whether to buy the game or not based off reviews and feedback from other people. But don't come into a thread all gung-ho about how bad a game is if you haven't actually played it. You just make yourself look like a tool.

Leocarian

Banned
Anecdotal, but when I came into work this morning one of my coworkers, that I didn't even realize had an xbox one, randomly started recounting some fun shenanigans that he experienced last night while playing solo. I'm pretty much with you on this one. It's a good game that will be even better as they release more content. I've seen many people continue to bash the game when they have yet to actually play the game for themselves. It's fine if you're trying to decide whether to buy the game or not based off reviews and feedback from other people. But don't come into a thread all gung-ho about how bad a game is if you haven't actually played it. You just make yourself look like a tool.

Yep. 100% agreed. Too much hyperbole and no real honest opinion because people like to follow the herd without giving it a chance on their own. I had a 4 hour session yesterday and some amazing shit happened and I haven't had that much fun with friends in a very very long time.

Dlacy13g

As it is, SoT is a good game.....not great but good. If Rare is quick on content and make smart choices about what kind of updates they give it could elevate to great.

I feel like one item needed is a Royal navy NPC faction. Have them sailing the sea in Gallions and trading ships to engage if you are brave enough.

Codes 208

Heres Gamesradar's review

3.5 out of 5 for those wondering.

The stories you create as a group of friends - whether it’s just getting totally grogged and vomiting on each other, giggling away down the mics, or taking on the Skeleton Fort and coming away with the loot - are what’s going to keep you coming back for more.

In that way, Rare’s first emergent world game has been a triumph. The studio has created a stunning map with the best water I’ve ever seen in games (seriously, just watch the way the waves break over the hull of your ship and tell me you’re not mesmerised) that’s totally filled with potential for storytelling, but not a lot else.

iHaunter

Sea of Thieves is actually in a far better position than No Man's Sky was and it also has a great foundation and polish that NMS does not. Sea of Thieves is far far from a trash game, just because a game is lacking content does not mean it's trash. At its core the game works very well and is very fun. Just got off a 4 hour session and had a blast with a buddy of mine.

Sea of Thieves has 1/100th of the Content NMS had...And NMS was atrocious. How're you defending this? lol

Weird, I was under the impression that people were enjoying this game. But I also haven't had much interest in it so I haven't been following very close.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
They spent how many years on this? I doubt MS has the dedication to spend more time and money on content after they got the first 1m dopes to buy it. Destiny 1 beta had more content than this game.

demigod

They spent how many years on this? I doubt MS has the dedication to spend more time and money on content after they got the first 1m dopes to buy it. Destiny 1 beta had more content than this game.

1mil? 90% of gaffers game passed it, goodluck with 1mil.

WaterAstro

Yep. 100% agreed. Too much hyperbole and no real honest opinion because people like to follow the herd without giving it a chance on their own. I had a 4 hour session yesterday and some amazing shit happened and I haven't had that much fun with friends in a very very long time.
Yeah, uhhh you say that and give the game 7.5. Maybe your score is objective, but your feedback on GAF certainly represents a 9 or 10.

Hard to take it seriously when it seems like you're contradicting yourself.

Leocarian

Banned
Yeah, uhhh you say that and give the game 7.5. Maybe your score is objective, but your feedback on GAF certainly represents a 9 or 10.

Hard to take it seriously when it seems like you're contradicting yourself.

I don't think you understand what a 9.0 or a 10.0 is lol. 7.5 is not a bad score buddy, but too bad most people think anything below 8 is a horrible game.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

I don't think you understand what a 9.0 or a 10.0 is lol. 7.5 is not a bad score buddy, but too bad most people think anything below 8 is a horrible game.
5 is pass and anything below is a fail. 7.5 is mediocre. 9 to 10 is great to perfect.

But I don't follow scores as closely as the review content. You called the game lackluster. You point out objective flaws and try to compensate with subjective views. I don't see your objectiveness in your comments in comparison with your review, so you should stop saying that we have no honest opinion when your objectiveness in your review reflects a lot of our honest opinions.

Leocarian

Banned
5 is pass and anything below is a fail. 7.5 is mediocre. 9 to 10 is great to perfect.

But I don't follow scores as closely as the review content. You called the game lackluster. You point out objective flaws and try to compensate with subjective views. I don't see your objectiveness in your comments in comparison with your review, so you should stop saying that we have no honest opinion when your objectiveness in your review reflects a lot of our honest opinions.

Yes, game is lackluster when it comes to content but it doesnt mean it's a bad game overall or badly designed. And 7.5 is definitely not a mediocre game lol. If 7.5 is mediocre then 8.0 is what somewhat better er than mediocre and 9 is a great game and 10 is perfect? Yeah skewed.

Anything that's an an 8 or above is a great game, 9 is a fantastic game and a 10 is a masterpiece but not perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect game sorry.

I never said you in particular have no honest opinion. But don't try to deny that a lot of people don't even bother to give the game a chance or jump the gun when they haven't even tried it for themselves.

Last edited:

Calibos

This seems about right for this game. As myself and others have stated, if they brought some other events/modes to this game it could push it up into the 80s. PVP style races, battles and objective modes would keep me in short term while they work out some of the larger narrative type additions.

The boiled down ship mechanics and gameplay are begging for strategic battles and races. Capture the flag/chest. 4 ship elimination. Galleon vs. sloops. Etc...

Also, more ships please! And a roving Raid style Man-o-War...

This trashy posting doesn’t belong in the review thread, especially without any accompanying explanation or context. Also, experiencing this fight first hand is a pretty cool part of the game. Also, it’s a spoiler.

Well, uh why do we have another thread? I know that other thread OP wasn't really updating it, so might as well close a thread.

We have two because the first one wasnt an official review thread, but people like yourself treated it like one....then the mods changed the title and it seemed like an official review thread, but without the OP knowing what they are supposed to do with an official thread, it died as one.

WaterAstro

Yes, game is lackluster when it comes to content but it doesnt mean it's a bad game overall or badly designed. And 7.5 is definitely not a mediocre game lol. If 7.5 is mediocre then 8.0 is what somewhat better er than mediocre and 9 is a great game and 10 is perfect? Yeah skewed.

Anything that's an an 8 or above is a great game, 9 is a fantastic game and a 10 is a masterpiece but not perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect game sorry.

I never said you in particular have no honest opinion. But don't try to deny that a lot of people don't even bother to give the game a chance or jump the gun when they haven't even tried it for themselves.
Yes, that's how review scores work because it's based off Western school grading system.

People shouldn't try games they think are bad based off reviews and player feedback because it costs money. That's why reviews exist in the first place.
The idea of telling people that they don't have an informed opinion without paying $60, or a $10 rental in this case, is absurd.

Leocarian

Banned
Yes, that's how review scores work because it's based off Western school grading system.

People shouldn't try games they think are bad based off reviews and player feedback because it costs money. That's why reviews exist in the first place.
The idea of telling people that they don't have an informed opinion without paying $60, or a $10 rental in this case, is absurd.

I see you like to put words in other people's mouth that they never said. You clearly can't read or understand properly or see the point I was trying to make. Having a discussion with you is pointless. You also can't defend yourself and always dodge the bullet when you get caught. Sorry dude.

Thanks for stating the obvious about how score systems work, I would never be able to tell, your such a savior.

Sea of Thieves is a very decisive game. There will be those who love it and those who hate it. Simple as that, if they did spend money on it that's their responsibility and nobody else's.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

I see you like to put words in other people's mouth that they never said. You clearly can't read or understand properly or see the point I was trying to make. Having a discussion with you is pointless. You also can't defend yourself and always dodge the bullet when you get caught. Sorry dude.

Thanks for stating the obvious about how score systems work, I would never be able to tell, your such a savior.

Sea of Thieves is a very decisive game. There will be those who love it and those who hate it. Simple as that, if they did spend money on it that's their responsibility and nobody else's.
You mean divisive, and...
But don't try to deny that a lot of people don't even bother to give the game a chance or jump the gun when they haven't even tried it for themselves.
This is what you said. I didn't put anything in your mouth. You're directly saying that people don't give the game a chance without trying it for themselves. You made a contradiction with that statement because if they bought and tried it, they given it a chance, and if they aren't going to try it, they will never give it a chance. People will read YOUR review and see that YOU wrote that Sea of Thieves lacks content, and they won't buy the game because of it.

It's YOUR responsibility, as a reviewer, to inform players of the problems with the game before they buy. I'm just saying that you did a good job informing them of the problems, like the lack of content, in your review, but on GAF, you're praising it like it has no problems saying tthis:
I had a 4 hour session yesterday and some amazing shit happened and I haven't had that much fun with friends in a very very long time.
And attacking other people's (and your own) objective conclusions saying this:
Too much hyperbole and no real honest opinion because people like to follow the herd without giving it a chance on their own.
So what is it, then? Is the lack of content hyperbole or is your review wrong?

Leocarian

Banned

This is what you said. I didn't put anything in your mouth. You're directly saying that people don't give the game a chance without trying it for themselves. You made a contradiction with that statement because if they bought and tried it, they given it a chance, and if they aren't going to try it, they will never give it a chance. People will read YOUR review and see that YOU wrote that Sea of Thieves lacks content, and they won't buy the game because of it.

It's YOUR responsibility, as a reviewer, to inform players of the problems with the game before they buy. I'm just saying that you did a good job informing them of the problems, like the lack of content, in your review, but on GAF, you're praising it like it has no problems saying tthis:

Thanks for telling me what my job is dude. It's not like I been working in this industry for over 5 years or anything...

Attacking other people's conclusions? If anyones is being attacked is its me because people don't agree with either the review/opinion because it's different than theirs.

Praising the game on gaf? I think I made it pretty clear that the game is good when it comes its foundation and having fun with friends and having a lot of memorable and i also made it pretty clear both in the review and here that the game lacks content and its an issue.

The amount of hate this game is getting is not fair tho though and that is also reflected in our review. Have you seen others? 6.5s and lower, this game does not deserve to be shot down like that. A lot of reviews also sound redicilous and are not objective at all. You need write reviews based on objectivess not subjectiveness.

I am done discussing this with you though. Let's get back on topic, I am gonna be updating this thread here in a bit with other websites.

I'm sorry, but I hate this grading criteria. I know this is the scale most reviewers use, but most reviewers are retarded. In a 1-10 scale, 1 should be bottom of the barrel trash, 5 should be average, and 10 should be a masterpiece. 7.5 should never be considered mediocre, and in the old days, it wasn't. It was only in the last decade or so that so called "journalists" decided like a bunch of morons that only 9s and 10s were really worth playing.

Leocarian

Banned
I'm sorry, but I hate this grading criteria. I know this is the scale most reviewers use, but most reviewers are retarded. In a 1-10 scale, 1 should be bottom of the barrel trash, 5 should be average, and 10 should be a masterpiece. 7.5 should never be considered mediocre, and in the old days, it wasn't. It was only in the last decade or so that so called "journalists" decided like a bunch of morons that only 9s and 10s were really worth playing.

Thank you.

WaterAstro

Thanks for telling me what my job is dude. It's not like I been working in this industry for over 5 years or anything...

Attacking other people's conclusions? If anyones is being attacked is its me because people don't agree with either the review/opinion because it's different than theirs.

Praising the game on gaf? I think I made it pretty clear that the game is good when it comes its foundation and having fun with friends and having a lot of memorable and i also made it pretty clear both in the review and here that the game lacks content and its an issue.

The amount of hate this game is getting is not fair tho though and that is also reflected in our review. Have you seen others? 6.5s and lower, this game does not deserve to be shot down like that. A lot of reviews also sound redicilous and are not objective at all. You need write reviews based on objectivess not subjectiveness.

I am done discussing this with you though. Let's get back on topic, I am gonna be updating this thread here in a bit with other websites.
It's not your position to criticize the reception of the game in your review. I don't like your review style because of many things like that. You spent more time trying to justify Sea of Thieves that it reads like an opinion piece, talking about Rare's reputation, trying to differentiate it from other big names like you're trying to convince people to buy it, but ultimately, they see 7.5, they look at your cons, and that'll be the deal breaker. (Wow, you spelled ridiculous incorrectly.)

Let me break down your bullet points:

PROS
  • Extremely well optimized (No, servers are terrible at the moment of your review.)
  • One of the best looking games to date (Subjective)
  • Best social experience you'll ever get (Also subjective)
  • Has potential to become a game of all time (Potential means it currently isn't game of all time.)
CONS
  • Lack of content at launch
  • Not enough cosmetics
  • Melee combat feels clunky
  • Repetetive questing
All your cons are factual and objective. I should also point out you spelled repetitive incorrectly.
Are you saying the grading system of the education system used in most of the world is retarded?

Are you saying the grading system of the education system used in most of the world is retarded?

I like to think that the way we grade students in school and the way we review games should be different considering they're entirely different ballparks. Games and school are two different things.

Last edited:

Leocarian

Banned
It's not your position to criticize the reception of the game in your review. I don't like your review style because of many things like that. You spent more time trying to justify Sea of Thieves that it reads like an opinion piece, talking about Rare's reputation, trying to differentiate it from other big names like you're trying to convince people to buy it, but ultimately, they see 7.5, they look at your cons, and that'll be the deal breaker. (Wow, you spelled ridiculous incorrectly.)

Let me break down your bullet points:

PROS
  • Extremely well optimized (No, servers are terrible at the moment of your review.)
  • One of the best looking games to date (Subjective)
  • Best social experience you'll ever get (Also subjective)
  • Has potential to become a game of all time (Potential means it currently isn't game of all time.)
CONS
  • Lack of content at launch
  • Not enough cosmetics
  • Melee combat feels clunky
  • Repetetive questing

All your cons are factual and objective. I should also point out you spelled repetitive incorrectly.

Alright, dude, you're starting to get a bit hostile here - Not my position to criticize peoples reception? I can say the same thing about you. Not your position to criticize other peoples reviews lol. I think you're just looking for a fight at this point, which I am not gonna give you. Good luck.

You are more than welcome to NOT like my style of review. You will never be able to please everyone on the internet, and yes I spelled that wrong because I was typing on a phone. Any other jabs you want to continue with?

Extremely well optimized was referring to the graphics/tech/visuals. I did not say anything about the servers in my review - learn to read
One of the best looking games to date? You are right this game is downright ugly and has a horrible art-style and looks outdated and has garbage water physics and water looks bad too just like many other negative reviewers said as well. /s
A lot of people I've talked to expressed the same opinion/overall impressions
Yes I know that...that's why I said potential.

It's funny how anything positive I say about this game you twist my words and make them sound different than they actually are lol, you are not very good at this I see. But yet, you are cool with all the cons? hahahahahaha. This is funny dude.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
You are more than welcome to NOT like my style of review. You will never be able to please everyone on the internet, and yes I spelled that wrong because I was typing on a phone. Any other jabs you want to continue with?

Extremely well optimzied was referring to the graphics/tech/visuals. I did not say anything about the servers in my review - learn to read

So you ignore the screen tearing on the X? That is the opposite of optimization. Sounds like you wanted to like the game and ignored some warts. Also, never, ever grade a game on potential. People spend hard earned money on games, do not patronize them and tell them about some non-existent future state of the game.

Leocarian

Banned
So you ignore the screen tearing on the X? That is the opposite of optimization. Sounds like you wanted to like the game and ignored some warts. Also, never, ever grade a game on potential. People spend hard earned money on games, do not patronize them and tell them about some non-existent future state of the game.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Dude have you got nothing better to do than troll the SoT threads?

MilkyJoe

I've noticed the tearing only really happens when you first enter the game, when everything is loading in, go look at the fireplace in the tavern when you are dropped in, you can see the flames are not yet loaded either. The only other time I'm seeing it is when there's a lot going on under water.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
That's not a glitch, Rare didn't bother modeling the kraken, only the tentacles.

We've been through this, try and keep up.
Well, certainly not in this thread. And just because the whole kraken isn't modeled doesn't mean they were lazy. It could be a choice of efficiency to improve graphical performance. And that is a glitch that let's you see under the water, I'm assuming.

WaterAstro

WaterAstro: constructive criticism is welcomed. However, sometimes we get carried away and become a little overcritical and this might cause more harm than good. Please, tone it down a notch.
Alright, dude, you're starting to get a bit hostile here - Not my position to criticize peoples reception? I can say the same thing about you. Not your position to criticize other peoples reviews lol. I think you're just looking for a fight at this point, which I am not gonna give you. Good luck.

Extremely well optimized was referring to the graphics/tech/visuals. I did not say anything about the servers in my review - learn to read
One of the best looking games to date? You are right this game is downright ugly and has a horrible art-style and looks outdated and has garbage water physics and water looks bad too just like many other negative reviewers said as well. /s
A lot of people I've talked to expressed the same opinion/overall impressions
Yes I know that...that's why I said potential.

It's funny how anything positive I say about this game you twist my words and make them sound different than they actually are lol, you are not very good at this I see. But yet, you are cool with all the cons? hahahahahaha. This is funny dude.
You're being defensive because you made a second thread about the same subject in order to promote your review and website. It's not allowed around here. I'm sure mods will deal with this issue at some point because the other thread should take precedence.

shpankey

not an idiot
I've noticed the tearing only really happens when you first enter the game, when everything is loading in, go look at the fireplace in the tavern when you are dropped in, you can see the flames are not yet loaded either. The only other time I'm seeing it is when there's a lot going on under water.
This is actually true, for those that haven't played the game. After everything is loaded in the beginning, I don't notice the tearing anymore and it's pretty much smooth after that. Though I was having a major issue w/ input lag Friday night (to the point of almost getting physically sick) but I'm pretty sure this was my TV as I had inadvertently turned off Game mode somehow.

Top Bottom