• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug2k

Not exactly. I realize this is going to sound crass, but it's nevertheless true: it's not sexual harassment if they like it.

You absolutely can make sexual advances towards your coworker. (It may be against company policy.) But you can't create a hostile work environment or try to start a quid pro quo transaction.

Honestly, in other words, Hannity did nothing wrong if, after being rejected, he shrugged his shoulders and let it go. This case is more interesting because they weren't even employed by Fox. I don't even think this woman has a claim -- even accepting everything she said as true.
The training I've received has never said this. I mean, I think they said there's nothing illegal about proposing. But the gray area left in the "never invited back on his show" area afterwards leaves companies open to suit. It leaves enough room open to sue that most places would just settle for a few million. Hence why they pay someone to come in and tell you that it's company policy that you don't fuck the guests on your show.

linkboy

We all know he's not going to get fired if it's true.

What pisses me off is how fucking hypocritical people will be considering he's married, and any type of sex outside of marriage is a sin according to his religion.

Which of course his supporters will sweep under the rug and totally ignore.

Reeks

Honestly, in other words, Hannity did nothing wrong if, after being rejected, he shrugged his shoulders and let it go. This case is more interesting because they weren't even employed by Fox. I don't even think this woman has a claim -- even accepting everything she said as true.

Just read through the thread and this keeps popping up. She claims that he asked her back to his hotel room twice. Not exactly a shrug, especially given the events of the evening.

During a Friday interview with Tulsa, Oklahoma-based radio host Pat Campbell, former Fox News guest Debbie Schlussel accused Hannity of inviting her to his hotel room before and after a debate with a pro-Palestinian guest in Detroit. Schlussel said she rejected Hannity’s alleged advances and that she was never invited on his show again.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/23/sean-hannity-accused-of-sexually-harassing-fox-news-contributor.html

shandy706

Boys will be boys. It's on the wife to be servile and forgive them.

Those men are trash too (not saying you aren't saying that). I'm as faithful as they come. From our first date to our recent divorce, I never so much as flirted with another woman while I was with my wife for the 10+ years of our marriage.

I actually care about the people I'm with though...so I guess that's the difference.

She, on the other-hand, found sleeping with other men to be part of the marriage agreement..apparently.

daveo42

Banned
OfYGY.gif

I guarantee we'll eventually see allegations come to light against Tucker Carlson too. All of these ultra conservative, supposedly "Christian", overly angry and aggressive people are all the same.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/des...-was-never-sexually-harassed-by-sean-hannity/

Schlussel told us that she doesn’t believe what happened between the two amounted to sexual harassment by any legal definition.

“I would never accuse him of that. Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that,” Schlussel, an attorney herself, said. Schlussel said the interaction happened in the early 2000’s when Hannity was in Detroit taping a show.

“He tried to get me to go back to the hotel after the show after he and his executive producer Bill Shine treated me horribly,” she said on the radio program. Schlussel later clarified that it wasn’t his hotel room, but rather his hotel. She told LawNewz.com that she did go on the show following the incident, but after that was “banned from Fox News.”

“I never thought I was sexually harassed by Sean Hannity, I thought he was weird and creepy not someone I liked,” Schlussel said.

I hope everyone in this thread who cares is writing to Hannity's advertisers. Just writing a thing on the Internet for GAF means nothing. Write the advertisers, too! It's the only thing businesses care about. It's about money, not people.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/des...-was-never-sexually-harassed-by-sean-hannity/

Schlussel told us that she doesn’t believe what happened between the two amounted to sexual harassment by any legal definition.

“I would never accuse him of that. Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that,” Schlussel, an attorney herself, said. Schlussel said the interaction happened in the early 2000’s when Hannity was in Detroit taping a show.

“He tried to get me to go back to the hotel after the show after he and his executive producer Bill Shine treated me horribly,” she said on the radio program. Schlussel later clarified that it wasn’t his hotel room, but rather his hotel. She told LawNewz.com that she did go on the show following the incident, but after that was “banned from Fox News.”

“I never thought I was sexually harassed by Sean Hannity, I thought he was weird and creepy not someone I liked,” Schlussel said.

A weird, creepy guy who asked you back to his room twice, then you got banned. Yeah, totally no passive aggressive sexual harassment there lol. But it's bad optics for her to walk it back regardless.

I guarantee we'll eventually see allegations come to light against Tucker Carlson too. All of these ultra conservative, supposedly "Christian", overly angry and aggressive people are all the same.

Eh, just get Jon Stewart on his show somehow, he'll kill his career again.

Linkura

So Hannity sicced some lawyers on her and she got scared?

There a list anywhere? Let's do it.
I googled this from today, no clue if it's accurate (I've never seen more than 5 minutes of the show):

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10028970997

Will be adding to the list as I find new advertisers. Tweet these companies. Let them know you aren't okay with this. Don't let hate speech reach the masses.

U.S. Concealed Carry Association
Mozy
Tax Defense Partners
Legal Zoom
Vermont Teddy Bear Company
LifeLock
1-800 PetMeds
Men's Warehouse

norm9

Others who have been on the other end of Hannity better step up or this will just go away. I'd be hesitant to come out against a star in media.

TS-08

So Hannity sicced some lawyers on her and she got scared?

Sounds like she is simply clarifying that she doesn't believe what he did would be considered sexual harassment pursuant to any law. She reiterates the facts of the allegation for the most part, it seems.

zethren

Banned
If this is true, I hope his show sees the same fate as O'Reilly's. It sounds like there really was/is a culture of harassment at Fox and it's sad how unsurprising it is.

Hannity sucks, so I hope he gets what deserves.

Another one bites the dust.
It's pretty disgusting if it turns out true because you can only imagine the type of culture that was formed and how long it's been going on. At least it's being dealt with now and not being hidden any longer.

If this is true, I hope his show sees the same fate as O'Reilly's. It sounds like there really was/is a culture of harassment at Fox and it's sad how unsurprising it is.

Hannity sucks, so I hope he gets what deserves.
Write his advertisers. It takes 30 seconds and is far more valuable than hope.

We said we wouldn't be passive in 2017, GAF.

andthebeatgoeson

Was at work and heard his rant last night. All about how liberals are fascists and they are attacking the right to opinions and he's had enough. Someone has been attacking him for decades and he's had enough. Our way of life is being attacked, blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom