• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
As believable as this is, and as despicable as Hannity is, there's basically nothing here. This isn't going to affect Hannity in any way, and he can use any number of reasons as to why she no longer gets invited to the show.

Once there are some actual lawsuits we might see some traction, but as far as this goes, meh.

Yes and no.

The useful thing is, this woman's allegations could possibly support other women's claims that Hannity created a hostile work environment. As in, this is just what he does, the culture is terrible, and he does this with every intern/writer/guest.

The even more interesting thing is, even if Hannity only propositioned guests with no employment relationship with Fox, I still think a hostile work environment claim could exist. Granted, it'd have to be an employee that files it. The argument would go, basically, that Hannity (human garbage) was creepy as fuck and it pervasively affected their ability to do their job.

Hell, even most interesting is a possible hostile work environment claim involving everyone, meaning that even if Hannity was the low fuckboi on the totem pole staring up at the shriveled scrotums of O'Reilly and Ailes, his conduct could STILL be persuasive.

Famassu

And if there are others I hope that they are able to come forward in the future so he isn't able to continue doing those things, I just don't think this situation is something that would be labeled as sexual harassment.
If someone goes to a person they do business with/in a professional situation and is all "wanna have sex" out of nowhere, yes, that is sexual harrassment. Everyone should have the right to work without having to suffer from any kind of unwanted/sudden sexual advances. It would be different if these people first spent time together and clearly had something going on, but just going around asking people if they wanna have sex is a big no no.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think you might have just hoped for sexual harassment to have happened lol

Yeah, I don't think I worded myself there too well. If there are other victims, I hope they come forward.

I just remembered that some were doubting this'd happen at all, how Sean Hannity is a family man. So much for that.

Basketball

Read my other post. I'm talking about "sexual harassment as workplace discrimination," which Hannity (probably) isn't culpable for.

There aren't enough facts stated to allege "sexual harassment as a colloquial stand-in for stalkerish behavior."

Again: I'm only talking legally. Hannity remains an odious effluence of human smegma.
lol ... fantastic

Loxley

If her allegations are true, there's a high likelihood that he's done this to other women, especially given how much we've been hearing about how this sort of shit has been rampant at Fox for a while now.

If it's true, and if there are indeed other women, hopefully they'll come forward.

slit

As much as I'd like to see that motherfucker go down in flames, I'm going to temper my expectations. This could just be an opportunist.

Sounds like they were trying to create their own version of a southern plantation. These people are evil and sick.

I'm sure it was to build "teamwork" and build cultural whatever

ZBjS6R4.gif

entremet

Deplorable behavior, but Hannity seems smarter than Ailes or O'Reilly.

This is not a coworker but a recurring guest.

Maybe there is more. We will see.

This isn't going to be enough to sink him.

So, I'll go and repeat that Hannity (probably) didn't engage in anything wrong, unless you count being a giant hypocrite and a shit-sipping degenerate.

The salient question is how James and Lachlan Murdoch handle the situation. Hannity, as it's said, is a moneymaker.

Their response to this is going to be telling.

If more does come out and Hannity does get sunk though, are we at the point yet where this starts damaging Fox News' brand even among their viewers? Or are they just fully invincible in that regard?

It really seems like FOX news was behind the times in more ways than one. It looks like they just have a workplace culture of sexual misconduct, but yet refuse to recognize it as such. They refused to recognize that women aren't there for men, but are there to work just like everyone else. It seems like a lot of men like the former boss of the company, or Donald Trump develop a sense of entitlement. They're straight, white, wealthy men in a nation designed by and largely for people like them. I'm not shocked at all that he's being accused of something. I'd be more surprised if he was the one superstar at the network that actually respected women and treated them with empathy.

Protein

Banned
Those conservative, Christian, family-oriented principles of sending a women to get you coffee with the slap of an ass.

Surfinn

If there are more women out there.. I hope they find the strength to come forward. Sounds like this could be a widespread problem at fox news.

Bladenic

I mean, I hope he goes down, but is this actual harassment?

"Hey come to my room"
"No"
"Okay bye"

Doesn't seem like harassment. Was he an asshole if that's why she stopped being invited? Yes, but Hannity is a dick was well known already.

Zackat

man it just never ends does it.

time to shut it down

will love to hear what my mother thinks of this. She is a Hannity follower through and through. Every single day.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I mean, I hope he goes down, but is this actual harassment?

"Hey come to my room"
"No"
"Okay bye"

Doesn't seem like harassment. Was he an asshole if that's why she stopped being invited? Yes, but Hannity is a dick was well known already.

if he's senior to her at work it's harassment.

Odoul

Ugly people doing ugly things.

Looking it up she seems to be the same Debbie Schlussel who is a pretty huge bigot who never misses a chance to shit on black people, and reviews movies on the side.

If so I hope she causes him to lose his job, and then finds herself broke and jobless right after.

Ugly people doing ugly things.

Looking it up she seems to be the same Debbie Schlussel who is a pretty huge bigot who never misses a chance to shit on black people, and reviews movies on the side.

If so I hope she causes him to lose his job, and then finds herself broke and jobless right after.

Well golly, no wonder Hannity was so attracted to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom