• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, yes, if things are consensual then it's not sexual harassment, but we're not talking about a case where that is true.

Read my other post. I'm talking about "sexual harassment as workplace discrimination," which Hannity (probably) isn't culpable for.

There aren't enough facts stated to allege "sexual harassment as a colloquial stand-in for stalkerish behavior."

Again: I'm only talking legally. Hannity remains an odious effluence of human smegma.

Jombie

This kind of shit in the workplace can be taxing and kind of scary.

There's a girl in my workplace who used to talk to people about me and it was very sexual in nature. About a year ago, I received some random text message that read like a bad erotic novel and figured it might be her. I thought about reporting her, but she seems like the type that would try and start shit in my personal life if she knew I got her fired. I had never talked to this person before in my life before I kinda confronted her with this stuff. It caused me a ton of anxiety.

Did he make an ultimatum to have sex with him? If I'm turned down by a girl am I then obligated to continue talking to her? I'm not seeing her saying he did anything to try and hurt her career.

I think you're missing the greater overall point that this is a problem women face in the work place all the time, especially at places with a workplace culture like Fox. There might not be an explicit ultimatum, but everyone knows what's going on. That's why the smart move for people like Hannity is to UHM NOT INVITE COWORKERS (or people you do business with) TO YOUR HOTEL ROOM KEEP BUSINESS AND SEX SEPARATE IT'S ACTUALLY VERY EASY.

woolley

I think you're missing the greater overall point that this is a problem women face in the work place all the time, especially at places with a workplace culture like Fox. There might not be an explicit ultimatum, but everyone knows what's going on. That's why the smart move for people like Hannity is to UHM NOT INVITE COWORKERS TO YOUR HOTEL ROOM KEEP BUSINESS AND SEX SEPARATE IT'S ACTUALLY VERY EASY.
But she wasn't a coworker.

RPGCrazied

But seriously, how does Shepard Smith, a gay guy, work for this company? They don't like you man! Plus they are all sexual predators. Run for the hills!

I just heard that they used to force black employees to arm wrestle for the pleasure of the white staff. fox news seems to be a nasty racist wolf of wall street

woolley

If he's done it with her chances are he's done it with other people, which is why her coming forward should be encouraging to others.
And if there are others I hope that they are able to come forward in the future so he isn't able to continue doing those things, I just don't think this situation is something that would be labeled as sexual harassment.

Read my other post. I'm talking about "sexual harassment as workplace discrimination," which Hannity (probably) isn't culpable for.

There aren't enough facts stated to allege "sexual harassment as a colloquial stand-in for stalkerish behavior."

Again: I'm only talking legally. Hannity remains an odious effluence of human smegma.

I guess I wasn't really talking about "legal sexual harassment," which is likely contingent on whether or not she was ever paid by Fox. We don't know for sure either way on that point. She alleges that this happened at an event they were both speaking at, at least.

I still would consider making advances towards someone you have business dealings with (as RDreamer put it) and then subsequently not dealing with that person anymore once those advances were rejected to be sexual harassment, though.

And if there are others I hope that they are able to come forward in the future so he isn't able to continue doing those things, I just don't think this situation is something that would be labeled as sexual harassment.

sex·u·al ha·rass·ment
noun
harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.

oh but i mean him inviting a fellow professional to his hotel room at a professional event is actually literally the definition of sexual harassment.

jelly

It's amusing how Trump-era values is not the safe space for people like this and it's actually put their feet in the fire.

It's amusing how Trump-era values is not the safe space for people like this and it's actually put their feet in the fire.

I was just talking about that the other day with a friend, I can't believe that under any president possible for O'Reilly to bite the dust, it happened under Trump. Crazy times.

Geist-

giphy.gif

Speevy

Banned
I was just talking about that the other day with a friend, I can't believe that under any president possible for O'Reilly to bite the dust, it happened under Trump. Crazy times.

Well to be fair, Trump did defend him right before it happened.

Maybe you need the Orange Shitstain's approval before bad things happen to you.

antonz

Sean is a shitty human being so easy to believe this. At same time she is a pretty shitty human being as well. Her extremist viewpoints such as Calling for the Death of all Muslims etc. is something not even FoxNews would allow. If the allegations are true hopefully they can be corroborated and it can be the end of Hannity on TV.

Sean is a shitty human being so easy to believe this. At same time she is a pretty shitty human being as well. Her extremist viewpoints such as Calling for the Death of all Muslims etc. is something not even FoxNews would allow.

Yes, but no one deserves to be sexual harassed, whether in the legal or colloquial (i.e., dictionary) sense.

Someone like Ann Coulter should be attacked on her views and opinions, not harassed because she's a woman or sexually propositioned because someone objectifies her. Similarly, Shep Smith should be questioned for his decision to stay with Fox, not targeted for being gay.

There's no place for sexual violence, and I use that term on the full spectrum from unwanted comments to things beyond the pale.

antonz

Yes, but no one deserves to be sexual harassed, whether in the legal or colloquial (i.e., dictionary) sense.

Someone like Ann Coulter should be attacked on her views and opinions, not harassed because she's a woman or sexually propositioned because someone objectifies her. Similarly, Shep Smith should be questioned for his decision to stay with Fox, not targeted for being gay.

There's no place for sexual violence, and I use that term on the full spectrum from unwanted comments to things beyond the pale.

I agree. hopefully the allegations can be confirmed one way or the other. Even as just a commentator they deserve the full respect of anyone else. The whole Casting Couch mentality of TV, movies etc. needs to be dealt with harshly.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Fuck. He was the only one that seemed clean on this issue of actually doing the harassment (Apart from defending the network against allegations)

Surprising? Nah.

Each time they say it's goddamned fixed and not a culture problem in Fox News....SURPRISE

The whole network is rotten and POSs should be in jail, not getting golden parachutes.

As believable as this is, and as despicable as Hannity is, there's basically nothing here. This isn't going to affect Hannity in any way, and he can use any number of reasons as to why she no longer gets invited to the show.

Once there are some actual lawsuits we might see some traction, but as far as this goes, meh.

Speevy

Banned
As believable as this is, and as despicable as Hannity is, there's basically nothing here. This isn't going to affect Hannity in any way, and he can use any number of reasons as to why she no longer gets invited to the show.

Once there are some actual lawsuits we might see some traction, but as far as this goes, meh.

Well yes, but there are certain rare occasions when you want a witch hunt to happen.

What the fuck?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/83f5fc77e745

Last month, two black female employees of Fox — which, as you may have heard, is not exactly having a great year re: treatment of female employees by management — sued Fox News, alleging racial discrimination. The women, payroll manager Tichaona Brown and payroll coordinator Tabrese Wright, assert that Judith Slater, comptroller, subjected them to “top-down racial harassment.” As the New York Times reported, Slater was allegedly “making numerous racially charged comments, including suggestions that black men were ‘women beaters’ and that black people wanted to physically harm white people.”

Maybe the most appalling of all alleged racist misdeeds of these managers, as Sherman reports: “Slater demanded that black employees hold ‘arm wrestling matches’ with white female employees in her office, just down the hall from Ailes’s office on the 2nd floor of Fox headquarters.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom