• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Man

Was she a regular on his show or was she only on a couple times?

He made a move and struck out. He got bitter, now she's bitter. We're going to need more fire to sink the boat.

With Trump as president, it seemed like this would be the ultimate glory days for all the prominent alt-right/ultra-conservative bigots, but instead they're all just collapsing one by one. It's the weirdest (and most entertaining) thing to witness.

Haha, I said in the O'Reilly thread that it was only a matter of time before shit on Hannity started to come out, and I remember someone saying they doubted it because he was such a prude. Shit does as shit is.

I doubt this one accusation will do much, sadly, but we generally see a domino effect once this kind of shit happens, so we'll see.

I doubt anyone on GAF listens to his radio program, but I do on the way home. He brought up the rumors of him being let go and said it comes as a surprise to him because no one has accused him of sexual harassment and that his contract is pretty solid through 2020, so "good luck." Now, someone is coming forward and accusing him.

Almost all corporate contracts have a buyout option because of cases when a personality will be terminated before the end date. I'm sure O'Reilly had a multiyear contract, too.

21252922.jpg

Hahhhh... this is going to be a fun week.

Brick by brick.

maXhdjG.png

"But the time that I remember most," she said, "was when I was first starting out at Fox and I was single, and I remember Roger, being in Roger's office, and I was saying that I wanted more opportunity. He said 'Well, I would have to work with you. I would have to work with you on that case. I would have to work with you really closely, and it may require us getting to know each other better, and that might have to happen away from here, and it might have to happen at a hotel. Do you know what I'm saying?' And I said 'Yeah, I think I do know what you're saying.'"

Camerota said she didn't tell anyone at the time. "I was embarrassed, and it is sort of humiliating," she said.

She knew she'd never go to that hotel with him, but she wondered if her career was over. She said she wondered, "Will I be fired if I don't do this?"

After Camerota rebuffed Ailes' advance, "he changed his MO" and bullied her about her presentation of the news.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/23/media/alisyn-camerota-fox-news-roger-ailes-harassment/index.html

On the one hand I think Hannity is garbage and between his right wing conservative views and the toxic culture of misogyny and sexual abuse this wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand, I have to be honest I do fear if this can be used as a political tool to get people fired or hurt their reputation, especially since public outcry can have such a direct impact on advertising.

For now I know that the vast majority of women that report sexual assault are telling the truth, and I believe allegations of sexual harassment are also very often true. So in this darkest timeline I will continue to believe that for the most part people won't use allegations like these for political or personal purposes.

BajiBoxer

Banned
On the one hand I think Hannity is garbage and between his right wing conservative views and the toxic culture of misogyny and sexual abuse this wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand, I have to be honest I do fear if this can be used as a political tool to get people fired or hurt their reputation, especially since public outcry can have such a direct impact on advertising.

For now I know that the vast majority of women that report sexual assault are telling the truth, and I believe allegations of sexual harassment are also very often true. So in this darkest timeline I will continue to believe that for the most part people won't use allegations like these for political or personal purposes.

In this case it probably won't lead to anything unless more women come forward. But if true, how stupid do you have to be to harass an attorney?

shiba5

It's not like you can just cry sexual harassment and get someone fired. I had pages of incidents on my harasser and multiple witnesses and my company still tried intimidation and even fired one of the witnesses. The ordeal went on for months and it was horrible. They expect people to be too afraid for their jobs to keep fighting. I knew, and they knew, that I had a case and I threatened to sue the shit out of them. Until then they were doing everything they could to protect a serial harasser.
Oh yeah, and I will never forget HR telling me I had to be nice to him.

benjipwns

Banned
I dunno, maybe this kind of stuff is why she wasn't invited back on the show:
On May 30, 2012 Schlussel wrote a blog post[37] commenting about a speech by President Barack Obama, in which he mistakenly used the phrase "Polish death camps" referring to the German death camps in occupied Poland.[38][39] Schlussel said Obama owed no apology for his remark, and she criticized ...

the feigned shock and fake moralizing over his comments, yesterday, about German Nazi death camps in Poland being a Polish death camp...Poles murdered millions of Jews, they maintained several death camps, and they wiped out almost all of both sides of my family, as well as those in hundreds of thousands of other Jewish families. This wasn't just the Nazis. It was tens of thousands of eager Poles and more.[37]

In addition to discussing Polish collaboration with the Nazis, she said that a "majority were all too happy for the Judenrein". She discounted the Polish Righteous Among the Nations by stating that only a "very tiny few" gentile Poles aided the Jews.
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3659...much-diff-amid-growin-islamic-threat-to-west/
And that's what counts. The Islamic threat long ago metastasized like a cancer because of how Presidents Bush and Obama pandered to it after 9/11 and beyond. This dead guy–Bin Laden–is an irrelevant aberration, and, frankly, Ayman Al-Zawahiri was the real leader and brains behind the organization anyway. Is he dead, too? Bin Laden isn't much more than a dead body with little relevance to the continued Islamic threat against us, already inside America with a growing Muslim population, etc. And that's not to mention the Muslim radical takeovers we helped foment in Egypt and Libya. That's the more meaningful–and distressful development, not the body of a guy who's been largely gone from the scheme of things for years now, anyway.

Rot In Hell, Osama Bin Laden. One down, 1.8 billion to go. . . many of 'em inside U.S. borders, with the U.S. government at all levels kissing their asses. [Despite #HAMAS terrorist co-conspirator CAIR Action Network's claims to the contrary, I never called for killing 1.8 billion Muslims. Try reading, liars. When 1.8 billion Muslims stop supporting HAMAS and Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad and the Muslim Brotherhood, etc., then we will have succeeded. But that won't happen.]

The Muslim world is laughing at us that we think this is a big deal, that this will do anything to change the lethal threat Islam and Muslims pose to the West.

**** UPDATE: One other thing: perhaps the best part of all this is that Donald Trump's two-hour pander-fest to Islamic terrorism supporter Farouk Shami on ”Celebrity Apprentice" was pre-empted for the live coverage of the impending, ”Bin Laden is Dead" announcement. For all of your moronic, lumpenconservatariat idiots who love Trump because of his birther stuff and attacks on Obama, tell me how you like Trump's pandering and two hour promotion of a man (Farouk Shami, owner of CHI and BioSilk hair products) who brags about how his Palestinian Muslim terrorist father murdered Jews in pogroms in pre-Israel Palestine; a man who attacked White men and said they don't want to work; a man who believes in 9/11 trutherism; a man who proudly supports illegal aliens within our borders?

Great irony that this Islamic terrorism supporter and Trump both got pre-empted by Bin Laden's dead body. Alhamdillullah [praise allah].

A number of reports are saying that flash mobs in America, particularly in New York City, have people getting together, singing ”We Are the Champions." Uh, no we're not. We are the idiots who let hundreds of thousands of more Muslims–many of them representatives and agents of Hezbollah, HAMAS, and other component groups of the Al-Qaeda network–into our country.

So, stop singing, morons.

HA! Islamo-propagandist Lara Logan is pissed. Her ”60 Minutes" sob story whitewash of Islam–which was not mentioned a single time in the story of her rape by hundreds of Muslim men–is now back-burner news. So sad, too bad. Karma is a bitch for Islam's bitch.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/40417/karma-norway-camp-breivik-shot-up-celebrated-hamas-jew-hatred/
Karma?: Norway Camp Breivik Shot Up Celebrated HAMAS, Jew-Hatred
For me, this is like Alien v. Predator. I'm not sad for either side. And I make no apologies for it. Now these kids' families know what it feels like to be victims of the Islamic terrorists whose Judenrein boycotts and terrorist flotillas against Israel they support. We don't live in a vacuum. I can't feel sorry for those who support my would-be assassins. And I don't get too upset when they face the karma that is their fate. HAMAS isn't just against Israel, it's against all Jews . . . and all Christians. Just ask the Christians who've had to flee Gaza for their lives. And read the HAMAS charter. I'll bet that's something these spoiled airheaded kids with their Boycott Israel signs and HAMAS flotilla re-enactment games never did.
Again, you must read Zalmi's important piece on this, which provides far more detail on these ”victims" of terrorism who celebrated terrorism against other victims.

Kreed

I skimmed the NYT piece that this piece got its info from and couldnt find where it talked about this issue.., also its thinkprogress soo

not doubting that racism exists at FN but that article seemed quesitonable

They linked the wrong Times article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/...acial-discrimination-lawsuit-slater.html?_r=0

They did link the right NYMag article though:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-but-fox-newss-legal-nightmare-continues.html

LilZippa

With Trump as president, it seemed like this would be the ultimate glory days for all the prominent alt-right/ultra-conservative bigots, but instead they're all just collapsing one by one. It's the weirdest (and most entertaining) thing to witness.
The spotlight burns bright, but can shows off bigger shadows

Bandini

Man, I hate Hannity as much as the next guy, but this sounds really tame to me. She wasn't actually an employee of Fox News, he tried to get with her once at a conference, she said no, and that was the end of it? Her not being invited back to the show could easily be completely unrelated.

I'm going to save my outrage for something a little more substantial.

mnannola

Hannity is a piece of junk, but this doesn't sound that horrible.

Flip the script and lets say Meagyn Kelly hit on someone when she was on Fox, and then once he turned her down she didn't invite that guy back. How big of a deal would that have been?

Lois_Lane

Flip the script and lets say Meagyn Kelly hit on someone when she was on Fox, and then once he turned her down she didn't invite that guy back. How big of a deal would that have been?

Should be the same. Feminism mean equality in all things, both good and bad. Being woman doesn't mean you should be allowed to be gross.

Yoda

The culture of any organization is set by the top... With Rodger Ailes(sp?) being at the helm for so long, this is hardly surprising.

Blader

That would've been a huge deal, because really, when the fuck do you ever hear that happening

Right? I feel like this all started with Milo getting shut down early this year.

gamerMan

Even if he gets fired like O'Reily, he come out with his own podcast and make gazillions of Patreon. The only reason that O'Reily was fired was because people went after the advertising dollars. O'Reily will probably make more than at Fox News by doing his own thing. The sad part is that we live in a society where a majority of people actually support or look the other way at this behavior. Look at who is President.

I love that Hannity might be getting fired, but can we address the issue that Fox News as a whole is just toxic for women?

Eh, I already know my own answer. News Corp will never address the bigger picture.

akira28

I love that Hannity might be getting fired, but can we address the issue that Fox News as a whole is just toxic for women?

Eh, I already know my own answer. News Corp will never address the bigger picture.

with the kind of rhetoric and values the Conservatives are based on, and with Fox being a Conservative network. they'd almost have to be toxic for women. If they weren't it wouldn't make as much sense.

It sounds awful, but I was kinda waiting for this. There was no way this blowhard piece of rotten shit was not involved in sexual misconduct.

shandy706

If there are more women out there.. I hope they find the strength to come forward. Sounds like this could be a widespread problem at fox news. companies all over the world.

FTFY

Even a small company I use to work for had this one piece of trash at the top that constantly said inappropriate things and acted horribly towards women and anyone that was black. They went under though 😆.

I was only 18 then...didn't know what to do about it. Made me super uncomfortable.

One claim guys, y'all jumping the "he'll be fired soon" gun. Unless several more claims come out, it's unlikely he'll have a mass advertiser exodus like Bill did, which is the only way Fox will fire him. O'Reilly wasn't fired because of the claims after all, Fox was quite aware of them.

benjipwns

Banned
One claim guys, y'all jumping the "he'll be fired soon" gun. Unless several more claims come out, it's unlikely he'll have a mass advertiser exodus like Bill did, which is the only way Fox will fire him. O'Reilly wasn't fired because of the claims after all, Fox was quite aware of them.
Not to mention they had already paid out millions for some of them back in 2004 too.

Here we have a complete nutjob of a woman who has called for the slaughter of all muslims, claims the Poles were happy participants in the Holocaust because of their hatred of Jews and said the people killed in the Norway mass shooting weren't victims because it was karma...who also says that Hannity wouldn't have her on his show anymore after she refused to go to his hotel room.

Maybe it's because she stepped past the line of Fox-acceptable nutbaggery and the Hannity thing is just a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom