• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I feel like I've had a pretty good deal from Comcast for a while in Wallingford.

For a couple of years I had a promo on their "Internet Plus" deal, which is:

• Internet (paying extra to boost it to 100 megabits)
  • TV (local channels only, SD only - HD is an extra $10/month, and no DVR - DVR is an extra $10/month too)
  • HBO (which allows me to access full-fidelity HBO Go)
  • $77.10 after taxes and fees

The promo just ran out though and they're not giving it back to me, so that's up to $94.66/month now.

For TV I end up just shelving the cable box they give me entirely, and I use an over the air tuner going into a HTPC instead. Works great for me.

I've thought about trying Century Link since Comcast won't give me the promo price anymore, and Century Link just started offering Fiber to my house a couple months ago, but the customer support and reliability stories give me lots of concern.

WHAT IS THIS "SD" YOU SPEAK OF

MC Safety

I basically only go to movies when work has a free movie night, which is usually in *shudder* Lincoln Square or whatever it's called in Bellevue.

What's wrong with Lincoln Square?

Are you talking about the mall or the theaters? Either way, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Stinkles

What's wrong with Lincoln Square?

Are you talking about the mall or the theaters? Either way, I'm not sure what the problem is.

1. Parking
2. Teenagers in the theater (this should really be 1)
3. Food situation
4. Prices
5. Sundance in U District yo

MC Safety

1. Parking
2. Teenagers in the theater (this should really be 1)
3. Food situation
4. Prices
5. Sundance in U District yo

I've never had a problem at Lincoln Square. Can you elaborate on any of this?

Because I attend the theater almost exclusively when the humans are not in attendance. And there are two separate multi-level parking lots serving Lincoln Square.

I have no idea what Sundance in U District yo is, either.

Stinkles

I've never had a problem at Lincoln Square. Can you elaborate on any of this?

Because I attend the theater almost exclusively when the humans are not in attendance. And there are two separate multi-level parking lots serving Lincoln Square.

I have no idea what Sundance in U District yo is, either.

Sundance theater in the U District has stadium, reserved seating, a full bar and restaurant, over 21s only and plentiful, easy parking. It is a great value.

Brakke

Banned
Anyone else on #SwitchQuest2017? I waited in line at a Target and struck out, then went to a second Target which actually opened at 7:00 and I woulda got one if I went straight there. Waiting a Toys R Us now, but it doesn't look good.

Mortemis

Banned
idk how accurate brickseek is right now, but it's saying that there's a bunch of walmarts that have stock, so I'd make some calls around.

Dany

Banned
There was talk of a meet up several pages ago? I think it'd be a great idea. I'd be the worst person to organize it, but I think it'd be fun.

finalflame

Gold Member
There was talk of a meet up several pages ago? I think it'd be a great idea. I'd be the worst person to organize it, but I think it'd be fun.
Yah -- I'm moving to the city soon and I'd love to organize one once I'm there. I'll post again to gauge interest once I'm closer to being in town :)

My sister lives in Auburn near GRCC, looks like they've got some snow right now.

stay strong, we're almost at the completely random yet sometimes incredible spring weather, then the best weather anywhere round the world in the summer!

Damn straight. We earn our summers.

finalflame

Gold Member
I'd be down for a meetup!

I'm game.

Depending on where i could potentially join up too.

Sweet! I'll put more stuff together once my move date is nearing.

And man, speaking of which, why does pretty much every other apartment listed in Cap Hill on Craigslist seem to be these "upscale living" places that want to charge an arm and a leg? I see some reasonable listings in nice solid buildings that aren't the "upscale luxury" bs, as honestly have like 0 desire to live in one of these "upscale living" places, yet it seems to be almost exclusively what you find on Craigslist.

Have a couple of places that seem solid on my radar, but finding a place with parking and that allows large dogs is a slight challenge. Wish I was car-free, but, alas.

jb1234

Sweet! I'll put more stuff together once my move date is nearing.

And man, speaking of which, why does pretty much every other apartment listed in Cap Hill on Craigslist seem to be these "upscale living" places that want to charge an arm and a leg? I see some reasonable listings in nice solid buildings that aren't the "upscale luxury" bs, as honestly have like 0 desire to live in one of these "upscale living" places, yet it seems to be almost exclusively what you find on Craigslist.

Have a couple of places that seem solid on my radar, but finding a place with parking and that allows large dogs is a slight challenge. Wish I was car-free, but, alas.

You seem to know this already but don't move to Capitol HIll without a designated parking space. It'll slowly kill you.

(But yeah, I imagine the dog in particular is a big issue for this area. Most apartments here aren't especially large.)

I was in Orlando last week, this return to the cold has been just a bit jarring.
I once went to Hawaii in October, went from sun and 85 degrees, to rain and 55 temps. Got the worst case of S.A.D. ever, and that was a long fall/winter/spring that year. Lucky for you its almost spring.

I once went to Hawaii in October, went from sun and 85 degrees, to rain and 55 temps. Got the worst case of S.A.D. ever, and that was a long fall/winter/spring that year. Lucky for you its almost spring.

It's not that bad. I think it was mostly going for a run in mid 30 degree weather today with a mild sunburn, so my skin felt even colder.

finalflame

Gold Member
You seem to know this already but don't move to Capitol HIll without a designated parking space. It'll slowly kill you.

(But yeah, I imagine the dog in particular is a big issue for this area. Most apartments here aren't especially large.)

Yah, space is actually not TOO much of a concern, my dog is a huge couch potato despite being 50lbs, she likes her walks and the park but sleeps all the time when home. I'm fortunate that she's so easy to take care of.

On that note, I applied for and am pretty sure I will get a place I really liked around Harvard/Olive -- 1/1 a block away from the Cap Hill Link station which will make my commute a breeze (Link to U o Washington, then bus to downtown Bellevue). Pretty stoked to have all this finalized!

Stinkles

Yah, space is actually not TOO much of a concern, my dog is a huge couch potato despite being 50lbs, she likes her walks and the park but sleeps all the time when home. I'm fortunate that she's so easy to take care of.

On that note, I applied for and am pretty sure I will get a place I really liked around Harvard/Olive -- 1/1 a block away from the Cap Hill Link station which will make my commute a breeze (Link to U o Washington, then bus to downtown Bellevue). Pretty stoked to have all this finalized!

grats

kng3025

Hello everyone. Hoping you can help me out. A friend and I are thinking of going to Seattle in a few weeks and have never been before. He was asking me if there's an equivalent of Chicago's Magnificent Mile, LA's Hollywood Boulevard, or Manhattan's fifth Avenue we could go see, and I wasn't sure. Any suggestions?

Also, he has an idea of what he'd like to do, but was wondering if anyone has some suggestions in terms of landmarks to check out and notable attractions? The space needle and Boeing are already on our list. We'd be there for roughly 4 days and want to make the most of it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

finalflame

Gold Member
Anyone have any recent experiences with Cascadelink's service? I was really stoked to have gigabit as an option in my building, but reading reviews it seems they have been really shoddy lately (based on Facebook and Yelp reviews). I could keep my Comcast service which has been pretty solid in the Bay Area, but would much prefer to support a local ISP.

dLMN8R

Anyone have any recent experiences with Cascadelink's service? I was really stoked to have gigabit as an option in my building, but reading reviews it seems they have been really shoddy lately (based on Facebook and Yelp reviews). I could keep my Comcast service which has been pretty solid in the Bay Area, but would much prefer to support a local ISP.

If the problems only cropped up lately, I can't speak to it. But a few years ago when I lived in a Capitol Hill apartment at Broadway and Roy I had the service and absolutely loved it. It wasn't gigabit, but it was something like 50 megabit service at a solid $40/month including taxes and fees. Always reliable, fast, and low latency, despite the fact that it was essentially just a central fiber connection beamed from somewhere downtown to my building via satellite.

If the problems only cropped up lately, I can't speak to it. But a few years ago when I lived in a Capitol Hill apartment at Broadway and Roy I had the service and absolutely loved it. It wasn't gigabit, but it was something like 50 megabit service at a solid $40/month including taxes and fees. Always reliable, fast, and low latency, despite the fact that it was essentially just a central fiber connection beamed from somewhere downtown to my building via satellite.

Giving me major (High Frequency Trading in the Banana Land) vibes

dubc35

Any rec's on a dinner place with private dining? My in laws will be in town and father in law is hard of hearing. It's his 75th bday so we want go somewhere where he can hear the conversation. Looking for Mon or Tue next week; group of 7 adults, 4 children (2 mos to 10 yrs range).

Places we've called already that aren't available:
McCormick and Schmicks (Harborside is closed I guess, we had a reservation there but they closed, lol).
Rays in Ballard
Anthony's - downtown
Ivars - downtown and Northlake
Piatti in U-village
Aqua
Daniels - SLU and Leschi
Perche No - have reservation now but still looking around
Salty's
Dukes - W Seattle & Green Lake
Cuoco

Stinkles

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are in neighborhoods pretty far out from Wallingford/greenlake/U District, but there's a super weird, very bright yellow thing in the sky above the Wallingford area right now. I swear I've seen something like it before but I can't remember when.

Is anyone else seeing this thing? I checked the police scanner and blotter and nobody is reporting it.

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are in neighborhoods pretty far out from Wallingford/greenlake/U District, but there's a super weird, very bright yellow thing in the sky above the Wallingford area right now. I swear I've seen something like it before but I can't remember when.

Is anyone else seeing this thing? I checked the police scanner and blotter and nobody is reporting it.

Greenlake checking in. How high in the sky? I just walked outside right now and didn't see anything, but my view of the skies right over Wallingford is blocked by apartments across the street.

Top Bottom