• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

See you Thursday, June 11 at 1:00pm Pacific time (9:00pm BST) for a look at the future of gaming

Bryank75

Banned
Spider-man, GT7, Horizon and R&C, Demons Souls as well as some other great games in the first year... is pretty incredible. Where else are you gonna get great games like that?

Nowhere is the answer.

Console looks like the new Alienware Aurora...

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
Spider-man, GT7, Horizon and R&C, Demons Souls as well as some other great games in the first year... is pretty incredible. Where else are you gonna get great games like that?

Nowhere is the answer.

Console looks like the new Alienware Aurora...
Gran Tourismo didn't have release date in trailer, so probably we will have to wait next 4 years for it. Turn10 will make 2 Forza games in that time. PD really needs to get it's shit together.

Well, overall I was underwhelmed, but I'll still get one. Ratchet, Kena, and GT7 (although I'm still only cautiously optimistic about GT7 - need to make sure it is a full GT game this time), and Sackboy (hey, I just like Sackboy, okay?) are the only things I saw that I really want. Demon's Souls I'm sure is going to be awesome as well. There was a LOT of filler stuff in this event.

As for the PS5 design? I don't like it, but I don't really care about that much. The Xbox Series X is definitely not beautiful, but it is a functional design that doesn't make me feel any kind of way. This design made me have a reaction - and that reaction was that I don't like it.

I'm surprised that Sony went with this overly stylized design. Hopefully a black version is also available for launch.

Majukun

So, no male characters to play as in western games anymore. Ok. I see why the console shaped like a vag. Sony of A, there's a market that you're not tapping into. Basically 95% of your past audience.
if it's so important for you guess your only chance is to not buy those games, if they'll see an issu with sales, they'll go back to find why and change it

Majukun

You still need to install the game to the SSD, so it's pointless to keep buying discs for games, when everything can be downloaded nowadays. I haven't bought a disc in over 10 years, and I play all the latest games.
i still prefer to own my games instead of just getting a license.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Resident Evil 8 loiks great too

i still prefer to own my games instead of just getting a license.

Thats what most people dont get.

They take all value away from.you and ypu just pay money for nothing but those people will cry first if a licence gets revoked from them

It will change with blockchain

Last edited:
So which game is only possible with the Sony SSD? I saw nothing there that directly supported the arguments it was a game changer. Standard SSD developer tricks I saw, nothing specific to Sony's solution. Feels like they over invested in that tech and have a high console price due to that and market conditions so turned it into a positive marketing push to appear strong where they are weak.

Overall the design sucks, I still hate Sony controllers/thumbsticks and there are a couple of games that have my interest e.g. Spiderman & Deathloop. I wanted a PS5 maybe around a year after launch, now I think I'll wait even longer. Almost no other game interested me.

I'd like to rename Sony's next gen games shown to....

Neon Gen

This thing is going to be louder than the PS4. That shitty clamshell around the console Im guessing is supposed to try and dampen the noise a bit. Its not going to help.

spartan30gr

tenor.gif

Me right now
After the ps5 event
Holy shit sony!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Looks nice to me, I like the design, and the slimmer digital only version
Game lineup looks strong. Still, must buy both consoles to play all good games anyhow. Still confused as to why the livestream couldnt be in 4k, all the same trailers were basically uploaded simultaneously. Everything looks much better in 4k.

J4K

Do as you please, I did not insult anyone. And we all know about hiring, students, etc quotas.

Educate yourself: https://www.hrdive.com/news/how-to-...voiding-reverse-discrimination-claims/539810/

Wait, what? You give me a link on how to improve diversity in hiring? And this is your defense of your statement that making Spiderman black has to do with racial quotas?

Please, tell me how you think this scenario went down.

"We just a call from HR. They say we should hire some people of color to improve our workforce diversity."
"Hmmm. Instead of doing that, how about we make Spiderman black?"

Like I think the worst you could say about this is that it's pandering in the moment and not really genuine--that it's basically like half of these corporate brands issuing weak "black lives matter" statements while not changing anything about the cultural problems in their own work centers.

But your approach here kinda says everything about you. Maybe educate yourself before you dig any deeper.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Well, for one the environment. It's unnecessary to produce all that plastic.

Second, I've been digital only for around 15 years on pc, and haven't had a game revoked. It's also faster for me to install the game from the internet cus it's faster than the disc drive.

Many in here are cheering over finally getting an ssd yet they still want to have ancient disc drives that's slow as hell.

I've been all digital on pc as said before and I were almost all digital on Xbox One. Haven't regret it for a bit.

GeorgPrime

Banned

Second, I've been digital only for around 15 years on pc, and haven't had a game revoked. It's also faster for me to install the game from the internet cus it's faster than the disc drive.

Many in here are cheering over finally getting an ssd yet they still want to have ancient disc drives that's slow as hell.

I've been all digital on pc as said before and I were almost all digital on Xbox One. Haven't regret it for a bit.

Like i said:

I will go digital only when Robotcache.com is the new standard for consoles.

When i buy a game its mine and i can resell it whenever i want.

The_Mike

Like i said:

I will go digital only when Robotcache.com is the new standard for consoles.

When i buy a game its mine and i can resell it whenever i want.

Well, I'm a collector, so selling games are not an option for me. It's been even more a hazzle selling used games now gamestop has closed.

Vroadstar

Good thing we got options then....but like others said while on PC I'm all digital now, I still like to own my games on PS4 and soon PS5, but yeah different strokes..

Hosam6xavi

Banned
1 or 2 Game I'm interested in .. and nothing they showed today you can tell that's it's impossible for current gen consoles to handle.

Ugly design It looks likes some of the mock-up design you see fans do on YouTube.

No real AAA game from 3rd party .. i expect a lot more from sony especially when they a much weaker console than XSX

And this

Psykodad

Banned
1 or 2 Game I'm interested in .. and nothing they showed today you can tell that's it's impossible for current gen consoles to handle.

Ugly design It looks likes some of the mock-up design you see fans do on YouTube.

No real AAA game from 3rd party .. i expect a lot more from sony especially when they a much weaker console than XSX

And this

The PS5 size is symbolic for it's domination next-gen. 🤯

The_Mike

Good thing we got options then....but like others said while on PC I'm all digital now, I still like to own my games on PS4 and soon PS5, but yeah different strokes..

Just out of curiosity - why the difference?

The other one is a Trump supprter and I'm a monkey? Isn't that a bit racist?

I mean, you around calling people names and you expect them to just shut up because you are so virtuous? Or because you treaten them with violence?
Wtf are you babbling about? You make zero sense. I’m calling you a monkey because you got triggered so hard over a throwaway comment.
Talking about me burning down buildings etc 😂. Who am I threatening with violence?

Vroadstar

Ugly

It looks likes some of the design you see fans do on YouTube

Sometimes it's better to change the script so it won't be too obvious... 💚

And this

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Just out of curiosity - why the difference?

Not sure which one you are pointing out, the difference in my PC digital and PS4 disc preference? or the different stroke comment?
If the later, some people just don't want to bother with disc anymore and that's totally fine, while some like me still love them, just like I still have my cassette tape collection and listen to them still, even though I can pretty much listen to all the albums and much more digitally

The_Mike

Not sure which one you are pointing out, the difference in my PC digital and PS4 disc preference? or the different stroke comment?
If the later, some people just don't want to bother with disc anymore and that's totally fine, while some like me still love them, just like I still have my cassette tape collection and listen to them still, even though I can pretty much listen to all the albums and much more digitally

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Why the all digital on pc yet physical on console?

When I play on my console I like to switch games easily and not having to switch disc all the time. I'm all physical on switch and tbh as I'm using it mainly on TV it's starting to pissing me off having to switch cartridges.

Vroadstar

The_Mike
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Why the all digital on pc yet physical on console?

When I play on my console I like to switch games easily and not having to switch disc all the time. I'm all physical on switch and tbh as I'm using it mainly on TV it's starting to pissing me off having to switch cartridges.
____

Gotcha, no worries.

Digital on PC because I get my games thru Steam and Epic and we don't have much physical disc here anymore in terms of PC games, the latest game I saw for PC on disc is Total War Rome 2 I believe, so no option really.
Disc on PS4 because it's still readily available here and still like going to games stores and checking out the games and accessories what not and still ok changing disc, really treat it as stretching after a long gaming session.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Taking the gamer goggles off.

In terms of business decision Sony hit the nail on the head.

2 SKUs
Alot of people probably think there will be only a $50 difference. I disagree, no doubt a Blu-ray drive is like $20 difference. But I think Sony will take a bigger hit on the digital I let version but in the long term have people locked in with a digital console and have a bigger cut in game sales by skipping the middle man (Retail). I expect a $100 price difference. I think we can also expect a super cheap PS4 Digital SKU also with Pro being phased out.

So I expect
PS4 Slim Digital - $149
PS4 Slim - $299
PS5 Digital - $399
PS5 - $499

Spiderman Launch Game
Yes its just a upgraded Spiderman Standalone DLC. However we know Spiderman is Sony's best selling first party game. To have their best selling IP there for launch is a big move.

Gran Turismo 7 shown early on
This IP is popular in Europe and used to be the best selling franchise for Sony. The IP took a hit by releasing Gran Turismo 6 so late on PS3 and not being backwards compatible for PS4. PS3 Gran Turismo also had PS2 cars in it which just didn't give the GT franchise that premium look. Gran Turismo Sport also didn't sell as much as it wasn't a true sequel. To show off 7 this early on could mean this may release by holiday 2021. There is a potential chance this IP can get it's popularity back.

Diversity
They have a massive diversity. This ain't even including indie games which always have diversity. But on the AAA space they are hitting every market, racer (GT7), kids game (Ratchet), Superhero (Spiderman), Demon's Souls (Hardcore), Online Looter (Godfall) and etc. By having this much diversity they are targeting PS5 to a larger audience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom