• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA announces Ghost Squad for the Wii with NO online play

I've never played Ghost Squad... It seems fun though.

For some reason I was confusing it with Crisis Zone, which I would have been really excited about. That submachine gun someone posted looks ridiculously awesome.

wunko

Woulda rather have it on PS3. Graphics and a gun and all.

Maybe u heard this already, but I heard rumors from coworker that Virtua Cop 3 is also hitting Wii and Time Crisis 4 going to 360 (besides PS3). Yay for TC4 always being a PS-exclusive series <sarcastic>.

Eteric Rice

wunko said:
Woulda rather have it on PS3. Graphics and a gun and all.

Maybe u heard this already, but I heard rumors from coworker that Virtua Cop 3 is also hitting Wii and Time Crisis 4 going to 360 (besides PS3). Yay for TC4 always being a PS-exclusive series <sarcastic>.

/bittertears

etc

The M.O.B

A few more shots.
13947569620070515123915.jpg

188673998420070515123915.jpg

122813867420070515123915.jpg

jarrod

Banned
I don't mind... bring on the Chihiro ports! Outrun 2SP, Virtua Cop 3, Ollie King, Quest of D, Sangokushi Taisen... I'll take 'em all. :)

Hell, bring a few of those Tri-Force gamess too (Key of Avalaon, Virtua Striker 4, etc) while you're at it..

jarrod said:
I don't mind... bring on the Chihiro ports! Outrun 2SP, Virtua Cop 3, Ollie King, Quest of D, Sangokushi Taisen... I'll take 'em all. :)

Hell, bring a few of those Tri-Force gamess too (Key of Avalaon, Virtua Striker 4, etc) while you're at it..

I wish sega woud put a port of OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast on the wii also. I like to see all the Chihiro games on the wii.

Furoba

jarrod said:

HOTD1-2-3, Virtua Cop 1-2-3, Time Crisis 1-2-3 compilations, NOW! :D

jarrod

Banned
Furoba said:
HOTD1-2-3, Virtua Cop 1-2-3, Time Crisis 1-2-3 compilations, NOW! :D
Gunner trilogies for VC and HOTD make almost too much sense.

I think Time Crisis will stay away though... I could see Wii getting the Point Blanks though.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
WTF? Does the OP know how to read Spanish? The article actually says that the game WILL have online play. Thread title change plz.

linsivvi

Time to pimp this game even more. For people who've never played it in the arcade, each level has multiple paths and has different ways of beating it. You can choose difficulty levels from 1-16, and choose weapons and outfit that you've unlocked previously. There's a lot of replayability in there.

Next lightgun game to be ported should be either World Combat or Wartran Troopers. Best co-op lightgun games ever. Get to it Konami!

Borys

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
Why isnt that a ban-worthy phrase? :-/

Cause that's kind of true?

No Wii game looks as good as Conker, Riddick, Doom 3, Enclave, Wreckles and COUNTLESS other Xbox games or hell, even Star Fox: Adventures (I own that) for the Cube.

Borys said:
Cause that's kind of true?

No Wii game looks as good as Conker, Riddick, Doom 3, Enclave, Wreckles and COUNTLESS other Xbox games or hell, even Star Fox: Adventures (I own that) for the Cube.

Zelda and Sonic would come close though.

godhandiscen said:
WTF? Does the OP know how to read Spanish? The article actually says that the game WILL have online play. Thread title change plz.
Well I don't speak spanish but the OP is apparently a spanish journalist. The original title was containing the online part. It was later changed by a mod because the general consensus was that it would only contain online functionality, ruling out actual online play.

vireland

FYI: Target is clearancing Wii Ghost Squad for $10.xx at many(all?) of their stores. Picked one up on the clearance rack a few days ago. The game has mad replayability because of the branching, weapon and costume unlocks. A steal at 10 bucks.

2DMention

Banned
vireland said:
FYI: Target is clearancing Wii Ghost Squad for $10.xx at many(all?) of their stores. Picked one up on the clearance rack a few days ago. The game has mad replayability because of the branching, weapon and costume unlocks. A steal at 10 bucks.
:( I looked and didnt see it, guess I didn't look hard enough.

vireland

Since I knew that they were supposed to have done this, I checked all the clearance endcaps up the side from Electronics. Found it (with STACKS of X360 Def Jam Icon and DDR Universe) near the toy department.

2DMention said:
:( I looked and didnt see it, guess I didn't look hard enough.

Target clearance stuff is completely store specific. I've seen them clearance out games for $10 and at a store a halfhour away its still full price.

vireland

Ninja Scooter said:
Target clearance stuff is completely store specific.

Wrong. Target clearance is SOMETIMES store specific. I found out about the Ghost Squad $10 clearance from someone halfway across the country, so it may be spotty, but it's not just the store I was in.

Dragmire

Target clearances items in two ways. It could be on a store-by-store basis, meaning it depends on how it sells at their store. Or I think there are company-wide clearances, but it's less common (forgive me if I'm not remembering right, I worked there over a year ago). The game might not be clearanced at every store.

[edit] Totally late. :(

vireland said:
Wrong. Target clearance is SOMETIMES store specific. I found out about the Ghost Squad $10 clearance from someone halfway across the country, so it may be spotty, but it's not just the store I was in.

Wrong. My dad owns Target i just asked him.

2DMention

Banned
Now I'm completely boning all the Boss fights. The rocket launcher one is frustrating. I get the lock on, shoot it, and it doesn't consistently hit the heli. Is it even possible to take the heli down without your squadmates getting killed? Or is that another thing you can only do in 2PL?

Also, Mission 3 with the armored boat is giving me real trouble. I got to a point where I had a sliver of energy on the guy, but ran out of time. I can't consistently hit him with grenades either. I'm convinced that's only beatable with 2PLs.

M3wThr33

Banned
I usually have about a second left when I kill the Level 3 boss. Remember the grenades are affected by gravity. Aim higher when you fire them.

CaVaYeRo said:
- 4 game modes: training, "special", multiplayer and arcade
- a version from the arcade (edited :p)
- online rankings:
"Players can also track their personal performances against other players via the Wii’s online functionality. "
- 25 weapons

link

80lis0l.jpg

This will go over well with the Retirement Home / Non-gaming crowd. :p

CaVaYeRo

godhandiscen said:

yep, the problem came by a misinterpretation of the PR, which literally said "Players can also track their personal performances against other players via the Wii’s online functionality". In Spanish it was even more confusing: "El usuario podrá, además, poner a prueba su habilidad frente a otros jugadores a través de la capacidad de juego online de Wii."

Mods changed the title, SEGA cleared that up later, etc.

It says "opciones online", not "juego online" in the article, actually.

MutFox

Banned
I just bought the game yesterday...
Played through the game several times in Party mode and arcade.
Kinda fun, lots of unlockables.

I paid $35... Yay!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone here managed to break 1 million on the Wii version? Any tips? I'm having a bit of trouble reliably getting 2b1h and 2b bonuses, and I'm pretty sure that's the only way I could majorly improve my score at this point.

SCReuter

Leaving for Target now.

Hopefully it's not too late.

Edit: No luck with that, but they did have a single copy of Excite Truck on clearance for twelve bucks. (I bought it, of course.)

Man, the Mission 3 boss is hard to beat under the time limit! I never finish. Maybe I should invest in another remote.

But its neat to go back through the levels at different times of the day and with added routes and QTE gimmicks. I was surprised at the depth of the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
vireland said:

WHAT. I need to find this. I easily spent more than $10 in the arcade. $10 is a total steal

M3wThr33

Banned
Wario64 said:
WHAT. I need to find this. I easily spent more than $10 in the arcade. $10 is a total steal
Jesus Fucking Christ, Wario, do you EVER pay more than $15 for anything? I'd hate to see you on a date with a girl, using coupons at the Sizzler.

MutFox

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Anyone here managed to break 1 million on the Wii version? Any tips? I'm having a bit of trouble reliably getting 2b1h and 2b bonuses, and I'm pretty sure that's the only way I could majorly improve my score at this point.

Do you use the cursor?
You get a point boost if you don't use it.

M3wThr33 said:
Jesus Fucking Christ, Wario, do you EVER pay more than $15 for anything? I'd hate to see you on a date with a girl, using coupons at the Sizzler.

:lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MutFox said:
Do you use the cursor?
You get a point boost if you don't use it.

Depends on the weapon I'm using. If I'm using a weapon with a dot sight, I'll turn off the cursor. If I don't use a weapon with a dot sight, having the cursor helps me with 2b1h and 2b and gs bonuses.

Stumpokapow said:
Depends on the weapon I'm using. If I'm using a weapon with a dot sight, I'll turn off the cursor. If I don't use a weapon with a dot sight, having the cursor helps me with 2b1h and 2b and gs bonuses.
2b1h and 2b shots are very difficult for me to perform, so I don't rely on them (the only place I seem to get them is the river section). Instead, I go for the other bonus shots.

You can do double down shots with already shot enemies, so try setting those up, and stacking them with quick shots and head shots.

What I do for double downs (using the TR14) is take advantage of the fact that you can shoot an enemy 3 times before he dies, with a few seconds window where you can shoot him between each shot, so you can try to keep him in play until the next enemy appears and you can hit them both for double shot. You can shoot up to two extra enemies for double downs, and when stacked with quick shots you get loads of points. You'll actually notice the enemy spawn points are setup for this style in many places.

vireland

SCReuter said:
Leaving for Target now.

Hopefully it's not too late.

Edit: No luck with that, but they did have a single copy of Excite Truck on clearance for twelve bucks. (I bought it, of course.)

That was the other cheap Target clearance one I was looking for, but the Target I checked only had the Ghost Squad. When I'm out of town, I'm still spot-checking other Targets for the $12 Excite Truck. :)

Top Bottom