• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA gauging interest in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade port to PC / Home Console

Nyoro SF

In actual shocking news today, SEGA is considering bringing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade to PC / Home Console.

Gematsu Link

Sega is gauging interest in a home console port of its Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade game.

In a new survey, the publisher asks, “Please tell us which us the number one platform on which you would like to play Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade.” The options that follow are PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, smartphone, and “not applicable.” The following question asks for “the number two platform on which you’d like to play,” while a third question asks for feedback on elements fans would like included in potential other models of the game.

There's a survey, but no one has supplied any link to said survey. It may be region-locked which would be a shame but expected.

I asked for this a while ago and it looks like my request is being answered, but if it won't be localized it likely won't be produced for anything other than PS4 + smartphones, which defeats the purpose of the survey. I'm also not sure how a smartphone will run the game but a Vita can't...

For those who don't know, Project Diva F / F 2nd are actually custom made games for console and not a direct port from Arcade, Project Diva Arcade is its own separate entity with beautiful, tantalizing 60fps gameplay.
Example: Project Diva Arcade vs. Project Diva F for the song FREELY TOMORROW

http://info.miku.sega.jp/3719

So from what I can tell, to take the survey you need to log on to the Project Diva Arcade web portal, and to do that you need to have a Project Diva Arcade account ID, which I think you can only get from the actual arcade machine... so this is aimed pretty much exclusively at current arcade players and not the general public.

^God dammit. HOW TO ACCESS THE SURVEY IF YOU LIVE NEAR ROUND 1 AND A PROJECT DIVA MACHINE

Okay, instructions for accessing the survey:

I haven't gotten past the last step yet, but that should be everything required, I hope. Some DIVA.net functions are only opened for 30 days after you play the arcade game 10 times: http://miku.sega.jp/arcade/en/divanet.html I can't confirm if the survey is one of these functions yet.

bigkrev

My guess is it comes to PS3, and maybe PS4 if they think they want to sell it in America. I think the Vita dream is dead.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I would play it on pc. Mod support would be crazy with this game.

Ugh I actually said that mods would be amazing for a game.

Nyoro SF

Dear Sega,

This is not a PC port of Vanquish.

Love,

PC Gamers with Deep Pockets

Mate that has nothing to do with this thread.

I would play it on pc. Mod support would be crazy with this game.

Ugh I actually said that mods would be amazing for a game.

Vote for Gordon Freeman to dance to all your favorite Japanese melodies.

I dislike Miku too but I know of her significance, she'll sell like hotcakes on Steam, double so if they add Super Soniko.

Yeah I mean I would estimate (thanks to SteamSpy) at least 200,000 opening sales.

PC would be welcome so the series can finally go back to being 60fps again, like the PSP instalments.

Agreed, playing rhythm games at 30fps is pretty brutal.

Isomac

Yes, please! I need Miku on PC.

On Steam there really isn't any rhythm games I can think of. This could sell pretty well.

BasilZero

Dear Sega,

This is not a PC port of Vanquish.

Love,

PC Gamers with Deep Pockets

One step at a time....one step at a time...hopefully lol.

But I wouldnt mind supporting the cause for release on home consoles and PC (mainly PC for me :p). The survey being region locked is mind boggling though.....

Cirruss

I liked the PDF games on vita more than I thought I would, so If they release these on PC i'll probably end up getting them too.

Hope the character models are more like the PDF versions though since the the character models in the arcade edition look really weird and creepy.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I dislike Miku too but I know of her significance, she'll sell like hotcakes on Steam, double so if they add Super Soniko.
If sega put miku on pc it would print money
28goodman.xlarge1.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't need Miku, Sega. So no, I'm not interested in a PC port of her.

However if you were talking End of Eternity/RoF and Vanquish... *cough cough cough*PC port petitions here*cough cough cough*...

Muzicfreq said:
If sega put miku on pc it would print money

Well, I mean there's a market. But unless you're able to mod it with new songs... I kinda doubt it'd take off.

Shinriji

Best selling system for Miku games (and rythym games in general) is not an option in the survey.

Then again, it is Sega.

how pathetic is it that I'll support it to encourage sega on PC

pathetic to support high quality rhythm games? wtf?

@OT, a PS3-PS4-PC port would probably sell more than enough to cover the costs (actually, just a PC port would cover it =P)

I'll totally buy it. Specially if we have a chance of getting more of Sega's rhythm stuff here.

"Port this game to ps4. I want to play this game soo bad I would even buy the machine"

If you want the game so badly you'd buy a machine for it, does the platform they port it to actually matter?

Muzicfreq

Banned
I don't need Miku, Sega. So no, I'm not interested in a PC port of her.

However if you were talking End of Eternity/RoF and Vanquish... *cough cough cough*PC port petitions here*cough cough cough*...

Well, I mean there's a market. But unless you're able to mod it with new songs... I kinda doubt it'd take off.
I think even the vita and ps3 versions you can add songs and play them as custom

Nyoro SF

It just needs a huge amount of songs, which Project Diva Arcade already has (the base game comes with 100+ songs).

Also the previous console games came with Edit Mode, so I think they'd do the same for this port. Edit Mode (make your own custom music videos with custom music) would be hugely popular on PC with the right community featureset incorporated.

Lastly not only are you appealing to the Miku base on PC but also the big rhythm game guys that have been dying for a modern rhythm game title port from Arcade to PC for a long time. The rhythm scene on PC is pretty huge. I can't see it as anything but a huge success for SEGA, if they would just do it.

I remember asking for this to happen bloody ages ago and I can't believe they're actually considering it. Now if only I could find a link to that damned survey

I'd love to see them attempt at bringing it to Wii U. A pipe dream, I know, but it'd be just a port of an Arcade game (what's the AC system it runs on?), rather than a ground-up effort, plus they can just port it to multiple systems like PS3, PS4, PC, and then Wii U as a test of sorts.

The fact they list it as an option is surprising in itself.

TheChaos0

Port this game to ps4. I want to play this game soo bad I would even buy the machine

Maybe you should buy the machine to play it on then? :) I can't really imagine playing PD on anything other a handheld. I tried playing PS3, controller was just not the same. Maybe if you had an arcade controller.

It is good to see Sega figuring out a market that they can be the first to tap into. PC is starving for rhythm games that are not simulators or clones.

Edit Mode (make your own custom music videos with custom music) would be hugely popular on PC with the right community featureset incorporated.

Edit mode belongs on PC. This is an immensely full-featured editing interface and I don't know how people manage with just a controller.

Top Bottom