• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega of Japan wants to know which game you wish to see revived

All Virtua Fighter.

I don't trust anyone to make a new JSR, that's some NiGHTS monkey's paw shit. Fuck that.

I do like that one of the characters on the list was Bruno Delinger. I could totally go for a new Dynamite Deka.

qcf x2

first option is a choose-your-own-adventure

What does that even mean? Traditional JRPG? Visual novel? What I really want is Phantasy Star I-IV remake, and failing that I'd like to see a new entry in the same universe. But nah, Sega offers Phantasy Star Online as an option. Such excitement.

Het_Nkik

Panzer Dragoon, Blaze Fielding, and ベア・ナックル (Bare Knuckle / Streets of Rage).

Beefwheat

Man I got pretty excited about Star Horse on the name alone, but then I did a google and found out it's about racing. Which makes sense, but the game about spacefaring horses I had in mind was better.

Anyway Streets of Rage I guess

cireza

Voted Panzer Dragoon, Bayonetta and Shining Force.

I don't want a VR only Panzer Dragoon, I can't care less about VR.

avens

Neo Member
SEGA of Japan is so irrelevant these days
that I actually felt a bit of nostalgia reading the name "SEGA of Japan".

Somehow can't think of any dead IP I care for that much from them. Maybe Skies of Arcadia?

Worldwide, Sega is not what it used to be. However, Sega of Japan is huge in Japan itself. It has much more presence there than even Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and any other first or third party developer.

Sega has released a lot of fantastic games in recent years, for every platform and most notoriously for arcades. It's just that they haven't got mainstream worldwide coverage, because that only focuses on what's released for home consoles and some Steam titles.

As for which game I'd like to see, Daytona USA 2 Power Edition, for the PS3 (yep), PS4,Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. Just a re-release running at 60FPS @ 1920x1080; no remastering.

It's one of the very best arcade racers ever released. Too bad few people have played it on the actual cabinet.

Linkura

They have so many excellent dead franchises that they are just sitting on. Fuckin' Sega.

Personally, my picks would be Phantasy Star and Skies of Arcadia.

Qwark

Can someone explain why they seem to have entire systems listed? Could it be digitizing games from those systems? Or is there some other value associated with the system?

Cuz I'm definitely down for some Saturn classics.

yankee666

Not even a mention of VIRTUA STRIKER shame Sega .
if i ever had a little hope for this franchise to revive, with this its gone.

Ok Sega...be nice and let nintendo...specifically monolith the rights to build a mainline phantasy star game that isn't online.

And bring pso2 to na also.

Wait why is Yakuza on that list, they are still making games for it? Anyways I want to see a return of Golden Axe and possibly Sakura Wars since in the west we really only got the last one Sakura Wars 5.

kagamin

I went:
1. Project Diva
2. Ulala
3. エターナルアルカディア (Eternal Arcadia)

Synth

All Virtua Fighter.

I don't trust anyone to make a new JSR, that's some NiGHTS monkey's paw shit. Fuck that.

Yup. Couldn't even get the first sequel right back in the day... fuck seeing what it would turn out as now.

Gimme Virtua Fighter and Panzer Dragoon. Daytona USA 3's already happening, so we're good there.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
What does that even mean? Traditional JRPG? Visual novel? What I really want is Phantasy Star I-IV remake, and failing that I'd like to see a new entry in the same universe. But nah, Sega offers Phantasy Star Online as an option. Such excitement.

it means you can write whatever you want...

trejo

I entered Phantasy Star Online, Ryo Hazuki and Skies of Arcadia/Eternal Arcadia.

I think a Shenmue collection has a legit chance of happening. The PSO2 in the west dream is dead but there's always hope for the next entry to make it over here. Skies of Arcadia 2 is probably never ever going to happen but hey stranger things have happened!

L Thammy

We all thought we were safe with Persona and Yakuza, but Sega's going to kill them to revive Alex Kidd.
Democracy fails again.

Top Bottom