• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA reports profit for the Quarter, GAF forced to admit SEGA superiority

[Nintex]

Ignis Fatuus said:
I never understood why Nintendo never expanded beyond their current narrow focus. Maybe they really should make pachinko machines and rake in some of that local dough without worrying about exchange rates.

Or they could just go ahead and make that fucking theme park already. I'd go there annually.
Crazy scary beard guy and friends that go Nintendo would go daily. I think Nintendo should look into other products and services as well, maybe they'll do this with the new characters that they're working on instead of taking too much of a risk with Mario and Zelda.

But yeah SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T because they've already set up shop in Dubai.

MMaRsu

Banned
AstroLad said:
Why would GAF be "forced" to admit anything? First off, GAF is a private members-only forum and can say whatever the fuck it wants. Second off, Sega still blows and the fact that they finally made a profit doesn't change that even one iota. Just look at GameRankings. Just because Justin Biever sells a lot of records doesn't mean shit. Thread backfire total.

astrolad :lol

Chris1964 said:
That's the point I tried to make with my first post:

《Pachislot and Pachinko Machines》
operating income was ¥15,133 million.

《Amusement Machine Sales》
operating income was ¥1,399 million

《Amusement Center Operations》
operating income was ¥177 million

《Consumer Business》
operating loss was ¥636 million

Pachislot and Pachinko Machines were the force this quarter.

ruh-roh, looks like poor sega's gonna pull out of gaming and just go pachislot only from now on :cry

Sipowicz

Banned
best videogame company ever

i'm hoping that their recent run of good fortune will convinve them to revisit some more of their old stuff. i'd love a new streets of rage, shinobi, alex the kidd or jet set radio

SapientWolf said:
Half of Sega's E3 booth was Vanquish stations.
I know, but look at when they plan on releasing it. The game is going to be dead on arrival if they stick to the current release schedule. From what I've seen, the game could use some polish (animations mostly). It would be better to release it in January or something.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I know, but look at when they plan on releasing it. The game is going to be dead on arrival if they stick to the current release schedule. From what I've seen, the game could use some polish (animations mostly). It would be better to release it in January or something.
Q1 2011 is murderers row. If anything they need to move it up to September or August.

sonic.jpg

AColdDay

Ignis Fatuus said:
I never understood why Nintendo never expanded beyond their current narrow focus. Maybe they really should make pachinko machines and rake in some of that local dough without worrying about exchange rates.

Or they could just go ahead and make that fucking theme park already. I'd go there annually.

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Don't mention the idea of a Nintendo theme park, it pains me to think of such a wonderful idea not being reality!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let's not credit SEGA more for Vanquish as they are only publishing. Still great to see them doing some good.

Sipowicz said:
best videogame company ever

i'm hoping that their recent run of good fortune will convinve them to revisit some more of their old stuff. i'd love a new streets of rage, shinobi, alex the kidd or jet set radio
This. Game. Does. Not. Exist!!

Fio

Oooookay, I'll give you that.

As long as they don't put out any Sonic and Shenmue games, it's fine by me.

Top Bottom