• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Superstars.... Tennis? Wii / 360 / PS2 / PS3 / DS

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
[Nintex] said:
Wow at that Monkey ball stage, does Banana blitz look like that as well?
I might pick it up since it cheap in Europe recently...
Yes it does, the stage uses Banana Blitz' style.

Scribble said:
Oh, hey. LOL.

I hope it's true. I was beginning to think that Sega were idiots for overdoing it with the Sonic characters and Billy Hatcher, when they have SUCH a RICH history to choose from.
Yep sega have SHIT LOADS of good characters, and if they were able to spend a little money they could get sparkster and headdy in there too.

Damn, just thinking about it is going to make the game worse knowing they will not be in it...

Diablohead said:
...if they were able to spend a little money they could get sparkster and headdy in there too.
Not quite. Just like Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, and Alien Soldier, Sega owns the IP rights to Dynamite Headdy; not Treasure.

If this game is like Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast but with Wii controls mentioned then it is MINE! Don't really care for online but it would be a shame not to have it.

Not fussed about the characters but the environments look nice so even better. Just so long as it plays as good as VT!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Himuro said:
Fuck Smash Bros.

Fighters Megamix 2 developed by AM2!

i have been praying for fighters megamix 2 for years... if this would somehow by impossible standards greenlights a possibility, i will buy this for every system i own.

CamHostage

Still no plans for PSP, huh? Too bad, this would be nice on the go and Sumo did good with VT previously for Sega on it. Then again, the DS version looks surprisingly nice so far, so that'll do.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Don't know if this was mentioned, but there's going to be an OutRun 2 stage...
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/01/17/yessss-sega-superstars-tennis-has-an-outrun-stage/
outruninsegasuperstarstennis.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Vic said:
Holy pancakes :eek: :eek: :eek:

full rez pics:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/VicAlpha/segasuperstars%20-%20outrun%20stages/segatennis_020.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/VicAlpha/segasuperstars%20-%20outrun%20stages/segatennis_023.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think I notice the OutRun 2 driver guy in there... :D

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Hey Sammy owns Sega, so why not throw in a few Sammy characters?

:D
Who and what are the sammy characters? I never knew.

I think adding most of the cool stuff is out of sega's brainpower right now, has been since the dc died.
Vic said:
But where are the Ferraris?
Racing on the road next to the beach? would be nice.

RedBoot

Diablohead said:
Who and what are the sammy characters? I never knew.

Guilty Gear and...uh...well, Guilty Gear. I think they made Galerians too, but nobody remembers that.

Anyway, Alex Kidd is one hell of a good sign and really makes me feel better about this game. I was just worried they were going to continue the usual Sega practice of ignoring everything they made pre-Dreamcast. I hope we manage to get one or two other retro throwbacks in there (TJ&E!), but things are looking good already. I am still a bit miffed that they wasted a character slot on the female Monkey Ball character, though. Did we really need more than one Monkey Ball character?

Diablohead said:
Yep sega have SHIT LOADS of good characters, and if they were able to spend a little money they could get sparkster and headdy in there too.

Damn, just thinking about it is going to make the game worse knowing they will not be in it...

Sparkster's by Konami. And he'll be making a cameo in the new Track & Field for DS! =) Also WOW at Alex Kidd in there, that's so awesome. Please chuck in ()pa-()pa (damn you GAF censors) and Wonderboy somewhere too Sumo Digital!

Penguin

supermackem said:
Argh i would like this on wii for the control but would miss out on the hd sweetness what to do what to do??

When it comes to cute and cuddly I don't mind no HD.

It all depends on how the wii controls work.
And if it includes online really.

Crushed said:
Add Mario characters to the Wii and DS versions.

You know, so the game has SOME good characters in it.
I like most of your posts, but I will beat you down with Segata's chest hair if you breathe another word.

Nobody mocks Sega monkey's, Ulala, or the Jet Set kids!

NOBODY!

AngryMonkey.gif

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
WIN

Please have lots of obscure awesome unlockable characters.

DTJAAAAM

I was ranting to a friend about how Alex Kidd should be in the damn game when I saw the blurb mentioning him in the new GI. As long as the info is accurate, Sega's got my money!

GottiDC

Banned
why even put this on ps3, this is the type of game that does not need to be on ps3 at all. ps3 is for upper class, not for mindless below medicore wii games

Top Bottom