• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Superstars.... Tennis? Wii / 360 / PS2 / PS3 / DS

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber Sega, you go and do something like this and totally redeem yourself!

I am gonna get it on PS3 or 360, I mean it is essentially Virtua Tennis with Sega Characters, that is awesome.

But it needs Ryo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ewwww.

if i cared more about sega characters i might be excited. the only ones i really like are tails, samba, and the chu chu mice. oh, and the jet set kids are pretty cool...

goomba

Banned
Why cant the Wii version be online Sega?

Post WiiSports , Im not interested in playing a tennis game without waggle!

Tain

Who would they include? Altered Beats? :|

Yeah, they've got Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd, Space Harrier, Quartet, etc. I'd love to see something vaguely on the level of Smash Brothers here, since the only real fan-service Sega games are Fighter's Megamix and Segagaga.

And, of course, the usual suspects that everybody wants. JGR and the like. Hell, the Cosmic Smash dude would make me blabber like an idiot.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Acosta said:
It´s a tennis game ripping off some of the best characters and settings of Sega... yaaawn. I suppose that part of the Mario & Sonic deal was letting Sega have a look into the book of the awesome ideas of Nintendo.

Can´t wait for Sega Golf and Sega Soccer.

I will be excited when they do a new Space Channel.

they had Sonic and friends in the Gamecube verison of a Sega soccer game. I can't recall the title.

I will gwt the 360 version. Everything Sumo Digital has done has been grerat. Has Sega bought them yet? Now we need After Burner Climax.

Bebpo

Banned
Stop making tennis games.

They're all the exact same, wtf is the point. Why couldn't they have made Sega Superstar FPS or something.

D-X

Kasumi1970 said:
they had Sonic and friends in the Gamecube verison of a Sega soccer game. I can't recall the title.

Virtua Striker 3 ver 2002

vs31.jpg

virtuastriker3-2.jpg

virtuastriker3-1.jpg

Funny how this kind of thing used to be an 'extra' now whole games are based around the concept

gwiz210

Kusagari said:
Watch the other Sonic character be SHADOW. Though him playing tennis would look hilarious.
Yeah, him in Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is obscure enough. For those 8 year olds who thought he was cool for having guns and cussing will rethink that when they see him playing pingpong with Yoshi.

You know that half of that 15 character list is sonics shitty friends.

I highly doubt we will see any cool characters besides the 4 in the op.

DEPRESSING

Does anyone else think that Sega is starting to "go back to their roots" with the awesome announcements coming from them lately?

A Sonic 3 & Knuckles-style game in 3D, please.

Sega would rise to the elite of third party developers if they made a game like that and made it well.

LM4sure

Banned
this sounds like shit. but then again, i couldn't care less about sega characters. the wii version might be fun if it's like the wii tennis game with more depth and online play

Enk

makes good threads.
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Does anyone else think that Sega is starting to "go back to their roots" with the awesome announcements coming from them lately?

A Sonic 3 & Knuckles-style game in 3D, please.

Sega would rise to the elite of third party developers if they made a game like that and made it well.

I certainly hope so. They still have a ways to go to get back their awesome which was lost so long ago.

LM4sure said:
this sounds like shit. but then again, i couldn't care less about sega characters. the wii version might be fun if it's like the wii tennis game with more depth and online play
If it's Virtua Tennis with SEGA characters I really don't see how it can be shit. Tired, perhaps. Repetitive, perhaps. But shit? Virtua Tennis is still the best video tennis out there.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
S0L said:
Yes sir!

Seriously, we're looking forward to providing some fan service :p

---
S0L
---
Excellent news, and great to hear that you're still working with Sega. They need all the help they can get at the moment.

Oh, and please add Alex Kidd as an unlockable.

S0L said:
Yes sir!

Seriously, we're looking forward to providing some fan service :p

---
S0L
---
You know who needs to be put in.

He's about yea-tall, has an amazing bouffant hairstyle, wears a karate gi, and his name rhymes with "Begata Manshiro".

c'monnnnnnnnnnnn

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Segata Sanshiro said:

He's about yea-tall, has an amazing bouffant hairstyle, wears a karate gi, and his name rhymes with "Begata Manshiro".

c'monnnnnnnnnnnn

If you were going to be in the game, wouldn't you have gotten the call from SEGA to record the voice parts?

... unless you're telling us that you AREN'T Segata Sanshiro!!!

Stumpokapow said:
If you were going to be in the game, wouldn't you have gotten the call from SEGA to record the voice parts?

... unless you're telling us that you AREN'T Segata Sanshiro!!!
shhh, i'm contract negotiating here

i haven't been able to get work since they needed a stunt double for ryu in capcom vs snk 2

Segata Sanshiro said:

c'monnnnnnnnnnnn
that would tie this game with SMG in the GAME OF THE FOREVER category

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
sega should just buy sumo, then they'd have an in-house fanboy developer squad

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Segata Sanshiro said:
Heck, even SEGA's done it! Sonic Drift, Sonic R, Sonic Riders... now try a non-Sonic one SEGA. RACERS MEGAMIX DO IT.
I pitched that idea a few pages ago, dude. :D

Oh, and if the Hornet car is a hidden character, I'll squeal like a pig. :D

TreIII

Segata Sanshiro said:

c'monnnnnnnnnnnn

But what could happen if he were to LOSE in such a match!? :D

Sanshiro: .... *screams, breaks racket, lunges at his opponents and throws them far away...where they explode upon landing*

Any way...I'm interested. DS game could certainly be good for on the road fun, while the Wii version should be enough to grant whatever I could need when I want to play such a game on a console.

...But I REALLY hope Joe Musashi can make this party. The guys from the newer, PS2 games can fall in a well and die, as far as I'm concerned, but Joe Musashi is the man...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
Ulala?

Looks like I'm buying my first sports game ever.

...what the... what's wrong with you, Dragona? You never played the GBC/GBA Mario Golf RPG games? Or any of the Mario Golf console games?

Top Bottom