• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Superstars.... Tennis? Wii / 360 / PS2 / PS3 / DS

AlternativeUlster said:
A Sega All-Stars fighting game would be pretty sweet so would having a RPG that takes place in the entire Sega world.
Wasn't there a JP Saturn shooter that encompassed almost everything SEGA where you had to fight MegaDrives and Saturns as bosses?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
What about SEGAGA

No, I'm wrong. It had to do with the Sega consoles, not the characters.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
donkey show said:
Wasn't there a JP Saturn shooter that encompassed almost everything SEGA where you had to fight MegaDrives and Saturns as bosses?
I mentioned that in another thread, but I can't remember the name either.

It's been bugging me too. Google isn't helping.

Proven

Anything with Blaze can get me excited.

But can Sega really beat Mario Tennis? I firmly believe that the only reason Nintendo hasn't announced one is simply because they want to keep milking off Wii Sports Tennis. Don't want to release a new game that everyone might see as a necessary "Nintendo Upgrade" when they pack one with your Wii anyway.

Gwanatu T

SEGAGAGA was an amazing game. Absolutely incredible and really the pinnacle of Sega's insanity (and amazing creativity as a result) during the Dreamcast era. Man the Dreamcast really was one of a kind, I miss it's insane, crazy, ludicrous games.

Proven said:

But can Sega really beat Mario Tennis? I firmly believe that the only reason Nintendo hasn't announced one is simply because they want to keep milking off Wii Sports Tennis. Don't want to release a new game that everyone might see as a necessary "Nintendo Upgrade" when they pack one with your Wii anyway.
Well, I have a feeling Nintendo will be more than happy to hold off on that particular title to give this one room to breathe. They have to save something, and SEGA's proving to be a valuable partner for Nintendo at this juncture.

Unison

Proven said:

They announced Mario Baseball though...

JoshuaJSlone said:
Ryo vs Lan Di, as we've all wanted to see it.

I bet if you can play as Ryo Hazuki your ending will be Lan Di coming out, and then the announcer says "Round 1: FIGHT!" and it immediately cuts to black with credits.. that would be hilarious.

The saga will never finish, muhahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

jarrod

Banned
Vic said:
What about SEGAGA

No, I'm wrong. It had to do with the Sega consoles, not the characters.
The closest thing I can think of is TimeStalkers, but that was just the Climax characters.

Now I want a Wii port of SGGG. :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
polyh3dron said:
I bet if you can play as Ryo Hazuki your ending will be Lan Di coming out, and then the announcer says "Round 1: FIGHT!" and it immediately cuts to black with credits.. that would be hilarious.

The saga will never finish, muhahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA
That would be so cruel...

Unison said:
They announced Mario Baseball though...

Well, to be honest, Wii Baseball was a more gimped baseball game than Wii Tennis. I mean, Wii Tennis was pretty much only missing movement (not talking about game modes, just sports wise) while Wii Baseball omitted all movement, fielding and had a weird pitching system

Zoramon089 said:
Well, to be honest, Wii Baseball was a more gimped baseball game than Wii Tennis. I mean, Wii Tennis was pretty much only missing movement (not talking about game modes, just sports wise) while Wii Baseball omitted all movement, fielding and had a weird pitching system
It was like World Series Baseball for the Dreamcast all over again

Innotech

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Wii Tennis was a gimped baseball game?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
New Wii version shots are up at IGN (with their awful compression),

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219041850375.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219041851265.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042452341.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042453309.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042454200.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042455200.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042456325.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042457200.jpg

sega-superstars-tennis-20071219042458231.jpg

Awesome Jet Grind Radio and NiGHTS stages

i didnt realize jet grind radio was in it too. now i gotta get it

does the wii version play like wii sports tennis? also why wont the wii version have an online mode?

RedBoot

Is that Beat in the last screenshot? The first one appears to have the female Monkey Ball character as well, which is a waste of a character slot as far as I'm concerned.

The game looks great, but it's starting to look like Sega isn't going any deeper than the Dreamcast era for the characters, which is a real shame.

Gagaman

There's also an interview about the game up on IGN:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/842/842664p1.html

On Wii controls:
There are three mains controls when playing the Wii version of SEGA Superstars Tennis. There's the Wii Remote classic style where you can play with conventional controls using the directional pad to move your player and buttons for shots. With the Wii Remote IR motions, you can use the tilt sensitivity to influence a character's run behavior combined with IR motion sensitive moves. Finally, with the Nunchuk controls, you use the analog stick to move your player and the swing the Wii Remote to perform different shots.

Sad news: currently no Wii online mode =(

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
That court makes me understand the concept of love.

I'm guessing Beat and Gum will be JSRF's envoys... I'd really prefer Mew or Cube (JGR US version) to Gum, but hey.
solid2snake said:
will get the PS3 version, give my Ryo Hazuki as player and Fukuhara as referee :lol

15:0 for Ryo-saaaaaaaaaan
HEY BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope Kazuma from RGG is an unlockable character, that would be amazing. He should have a HEAT smash where he throws the racket at the opponent.

doogles said:
I will never forgive that.
Well, I wrote that a while ago, but hey, NiGHTS 2 turned out fine, so as far as I'm concerned they can put Sonic in a dress and have him pair up with Paris Hilton on a reality show for all I care, they'd still be forgiven.

Also, the hardcore Sonic fans would probably find that hot?

[Nintex]

Wow at that Monkey ball stage, does Banana blitz look like that as well?
I might pick it up since it cheap in Europe recently...

D-X

RedBoot said:
The first one appears to have the female Monkey Ball character as well, which is a waste of a character slot as far as I'm concerned.

I know what you mean, but logic dictates that if she's in the the game every character will have a '2p' alternative from the same franchise so expect to see Reala, Amiga, Pudding/Jaguar and hopefully Gum in there too.

Also the JSR court and Beat are from the original game however the logo in the background is for Jet Set Radio Future.

JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RedBoot

D-X said:
I know what you mean, but logic dictates that if she's in the the game every character will have a '2p' alternative from the same franchise so expect to see Reala, Amiga, Pudding/Jaguar and hopefully Gum in there too.

Probably. Wikipedia already says Amiga is in, but they don't list the source so I'd call that assumption for now. I don't know who could be a 2P for Robotnik, though.

It's just annoying to see Sega ignore virtually everything they made pre-Dreamcast, other than in compilations and re-releases. There's a lot of great stuff there that's being wasted.

Top Bottom