• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen no Kiseki III Confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive title

They're not working.

XPq76WT.jpg

KNf1jLW.jpg

siiPLXM.jpg

WG3eLKm.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Well .. it looks like a PS3 game now, which I guess is an upgrade considering their PS3 games looked like high resolution PS2 games. *

* Don't mean to hate, absolutely loved Cold Steel 1 and 2. Will pick this up near-ish day 1.

Hexa

Looking good.
Contemplating PSNow to play the first two. Meant to, but never did. Wonder if I could beat both in a month.
Edit: Welp. Only the first is on PSNow atm.
Well... I hope they put up the other one. Or port them both to PS4. That would be even better.

antibolo

Banned
Switch would be nice...

Dropping handheld altogether is a bummer for anyone who vastly prefers playing a lengthy RPG on the go.

UberTag

Switch would be nice...

Dropping handheld altogether is a bummer for anyone who vastly prefers playing a lengthy RPG on the go.
I hear ya... that said, PS4-exclusive tends to imply that ports to other systems isn't in the cards.
I assume there's going to be no content carry-over/unlock in this installment given the platform change.

antibolo

Banned
I hear ya... that said, PS4-exclusive tends to imply that ports to other systems isn't in the cards.
I assume there's going to be no content carry-over/unlock in this installment given the platform change.

Doesn't the series already have cross-save? Carring over the existing cross-save data from PS3/Vita to PS4 would be definitely possible. It's all the same online infrastructure.

Brokun

Well .. it looks like a PS3 game now, which I guess is an upgrade considering their PS3 games looked like high resolution PS2 games. *

* Don't mean to hate, absolutely loved Cold Steel 1 and 2. Will pick this up near-ish day 1.

Still looks like a low budget Japanese RPG

Accurate. I don't mind though.

I'm ok with this. It's looking good, considering the budget. This will be a day 1 purchase for me for sure. The Trails series is quickly becoming my favorite JRPG series. They are slow burns, but I love the continuity. It's just like the Marvel Cinematic Universe! Do you think we'll get a game that stars the protagonists of every game in the series like The Avengers? That'd be cool.

Still very much need to play these, have the first one sitting on my shelf. Pretty impressed with how this looks so far, I would put it on par with, if not better than the Tales Of series current look. Definitely makes me wanna jump in but I gotta finish BotW, NieR: Automata, and anything and everything will be dropped the second Persona 5 comes out.

Kudo

Does this mean no PC version ever?

Feel like it means the reverse, I'm fairly sure it'll get a PC version.
Is there any PS4 Falcom game that isn't on PC too? In Cold Steels case they might skip it as the first two aren't on the platform, but we'll see, I'll get this for whatever they bring us.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Switch would be nice...

They could always confirm a switch port later on so who knows, their budget is already locked in from the looks of it however

bomblord1

Banned
I'de personally rather see a Switch version over a PC version.

Well I mean it would be best to release on all platforms but it just feels like it would be more at home on the Switch considering how it was always also on the Vita/PSTV (which is how I played it) up to this point.

bomblord1

Banned

Not sure bout the rest of them but actually prefer doing lengthy RPG's in chunks. I don't have the free time to sit with them for hours at a time excluding certain weekends so hammering away at them bit by bit is ideal.

I also appreciate them a bit more when done like that for some reason. It makes me crave the time to get back to it and I also take it in more and am better with plot details when I have time to digest it in chunks.

flohen95

They could always confirm a switch port later on so who knows, their budget is already locked in from the looks of it however
The day Falcom publishes a game on a Nintendo platform again is the day I win the lottery.
A game being on a handheld means that you can play it pretty much anytime, anywhere. In games that go on for a very long time, this is invaluable to some (e.g. me).

Hmm. As long as I can have Fie, Emma, Laura, and Gauis in my team I'll be a happy camper. They were my wrecking crew in CS2.

I'de personally rather see a Switch version over a PC version.

Well I mean it would be best to release on all platforms but it just feels like it would be more at home on the Switch considering how it was always also on the Vita/PSTV (which is how I played it) up to this point.

ha thats how I played the previous two as well.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Would prefer they bring the series to PC first after their PS4 release makes preservation easier.
And I don't even necessarily play them on PC but trying to get to a place with the series where you can get every game on a single platform would be very good for the series. Having to consistently worry about porting older titles to new systems maybe takes unnecessarily focus away.
I also say this as someone that played the previous 2 titles on the vita despite the bad framerate because I rated portability higher, simply speaking from a benefit to the series perspective.

SarusGray

Title is definitely coming to PC. Not even port begging but the signs are all there. First ys, then tokyo, then the whole trails. Falcom going back to their PC BABY!

Mind you I primarily game on PS4 but its so exciting too think of more people playing this lovely series

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member
Really weird decision and they should just port the original two to the PS4 as well. Otherwise I don't see how it makes sense =/

You said it. I missed them the first time around and only got into Trails in the Sky last year.

Now I want to know when Trails the 3rd will get localized.

Saphirax

Title is definitely coming to PC. Not even port begging but the signs are all there. First ys, then tokyo, then the whole trails. Falcom going back to their PC BABY!

Mind you I primarily game on PS4 but its so exciting too think of more people playing this lovely series

Ys and TX are being localized by NISA and Aksys respectively. Both companies can port the games to PC. XSEED on the other hand cannot. They'd have to outsource it and the first two games as well. It can happen, but no, the signs aren't there.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quite confident in this as well. Kinda feels like XSEED needs to respond with a solution to their PC port problem if they want to guarantee hanging onto Trails, and the Little King's Story port is a good sign that it's been on their mind for a while.

What I wonder about is the first two Cold Steel games. What are the odds that they'll get the Tokyo eX+ treatment?

Diablos54

Kinda sucks that I can't play on handheld like I've played all the others but I guess that was out anyway due to 3rd so PS4 is the next best thing!

ZoddGutts

Wonder if they plan on porting the first two games to the PS4 like they did with Zero/Ao Kiseki games, since it looks like the PS4 will be their main platform for the games. Would've been nice if they've done that before the release of the third game doing it afterwards would be odd.

Top Bottom