• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen no Kiseki III Confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive title

Seiryoden

A Vita remote play option makes me very happy. I spent a decent chunk of my final playtime for PS3 TOCS1&2 via RP and it added to my love for the games.

StereoVsn

Unfortunately I don't see them porting this to PC unless they ported the first two games first. It wouldn't make much sense to put only 3rd game of the trilogy on PC and one where story is actually important going from game to game.

Now if they get someone to port Cold Steel 1&2 that's a different conversation.

C6cAxTBU8AAFgWl.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rean rocking the white/purple look

They dropped the Vita for this?

I hope the lack of a Vita version will be explained by a much larger scale then.

If you can't take one look at that and understand why that couldn't run on Vita, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Sen I and II struggled enough on the system as is, with multiple sections in each game getting close to single digits. I take one look at these screenshots and see something that would run like that throughout the entire game, no matter how much they downgraded it. At some point, no matter how rabid a fan someone might be, a slideshow in a 50+ hour game should be considered a deal breaker. I expected this to be on Vita as well before the announcement, but I also expected something that looked quite a bit worse than what we ended up getting.

They already said that this is the case. To begin with, they needed to scale the first game down because of Vita.

Thanks, I didn't knew about Sen I "downgrade".

If you can't take one look at that and understand why that couldn't run on Vita, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Sen I and II struggled enough on the system as is, with multiple sections in each game getting close to single digits. I take one look at these screenshots and see something that would run like that throughout the entire game, no matter how much they downgraded it. At some point, no matter how rabid a fan someone might be, a slideshow in a 50+ hour game should be considered a deal breaker. I expected this to be on Vita as well before the announcement, but I also expected something that looked quite a bit worse than what we ended up getting.

I don't really see anything that cannot be rendered with a decent framerate on the Vita. I would assume that it's more of a staff, ressource and cost/reward issue.

Anyway I'll stop with the derail, can't wait to play it!

duckroll

I don't really see anything that cannot be rendered with a decent framerate on the Vita. I would assume that it's more of a staff, ressource and cost/reward issue.

Anyway I'll stop with the derail, can't wait to play it!

Aside from framerate concerns, the big reason for the jump to PS4 is probably memory. PS3 and Vita have shit memory constrains. With CS3 one interesting thing they're doing is making maps less segmented, more open, far wider, and having battles take place in the same map as you initiate the encounters, seamlessly, without a loading transition. The menus supposedly just pop up and the other enemies appear.

Eylos

Banned
Aside from framerate concerns, the big reason for the jump to PS4 is probably memory. PS3 and Vita have shit memory constrains. With CS3 one interesting thing they're doing is making maps less segmented, more open, far wider, and having battles take place in the same map as you initiate the encounters, seamlessly, without a loading transition. The menus supposedly just pop up and the other enemies appear.

thats nice, like chrono trigger then

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Any talk of 1 and 2 getting a port to PS4?

I'd love ports with just msaa and 60fps.
Framerate really chugs in places on PS3.

I've not heard of such a project though.
Shame there would not be enough demand for a PS3 Pro with boost mode.

You're giving me traumatic Zestiria flashbacks. Let's hope it works better here.

Crossing fingers that they turn Rean in a good MC.

Trying to complete CS2 in the meantime and just finishing up act 1

What a bunch of hot garbage most of the big scenes are up to this point

I keep hearing it flips in the second half but this is ridiculous

Korigama

Trying to complete CS2 in the meantime and just finishing up act 1

What a bunch of hot garbage most of the big scenes are up to this point

I keep hearing it flips in the second half but this is ridiculous
As much as I loved CS II, many of the same problems that the story has early on persist throughout.

As much as I loved CS II, many of the same problems that the story has early on persist throughout.

The pandering of circle jerk scenes

The incessent need to give everyone something worthless to say, which is essnetially more redundant, pandering, and circlejerking dialogue, is mind numbingly annoying

And whats with all the idealism preaching and lazy attempts at humorous callbacks

The writing a scenarios are damn atrocious. There are no stakes and the majority of the time people are talking in circles. Sizing each other up, dumping compliments, repeating each other, casting doubt on their own stances and then doubling back around.

When.... does... it... flip

The best scene in the entire section that Im in was the very end when the adults got off the damn ship

Duck roll.... help me

Outside of the Gameplay the Cold Steel series is making me furious at the departure of storytelling and character quality that Trails in the Sky had. Maybe there were hints of this with how they handles Trails SC since there are defintely elements there as pointed out by other posters.

I might just have to focus on the small moments in the were they didnt dumb shit down

I think translators need to be given the power to take more liberties with the script like I believe they did with the original Trails in the Sky

Korigama

I question XSeed being given leeway to take more liberties with FC than anything else. Falcom is a very conservative company in terms of what they allow the companies that they work with to do, and the only liberty I remember XSeed mentioning was being allowed to change the opening to CS II not to just be the rest of the class saying Rean's name. With Trails in the Sky, the difference in the writing for FC specifically compared to Cold Steel probably had more to do with Falcom drawing on different influences at the time, leading popular anime themes and trends during CS' development to sway the direction that they took with that while also resulting in some of their excesses.

At the very least, it would certainly explain Rean's parallels with a light novel protagonist.

Lol goddammit I totally forgot about this thread.
Is this from the JP fandom?(Cause it's possible that just some English fans put JP text in for authenticity). If so it's always a weirdly funny feeling to see memes that are shared across the globe.

Ya, this is the source:
https://twitter.com/asano0912/status/839857265452556288

Rean as a serial head-rubber has been parodied even in official Falcom media.

The writing a scenarios are damn atrocious. There are no stakes and the majority of the time people are talking in circles. Sizing each other up, dumping compliments, repeating each other, casting doubt on their own stances and then doubling back around.

I'm still keeping faith that this is due to them having to stretch what's essentially is a third act into a full-blown game.

Top Bottom