• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen. Warner: Comey won't testify to intel panel next week

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politics/mark-warner-comey-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

Former FBI Director James Comey will not testify before the Senate intelligence committee next week, according to the panel's vice chairman, Democratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia.

"We just heard from the director that he's not able to make Tuesday," Warner told CNN's Manu Raju. "It's my hope that that we will be able to find a time. I think it's really important that the Congress, and more broadly the American people, hear Director Comey's side of the story."

Comey, who was fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, was invited to speak before the committee in a closed session. The former official was in charge of the bureau's investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Threaten me on Twitter if old.

dpunk3

Being publicly blackmailed by the President of the United States is somehow OK in today's society.

What the fuck happened.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
He's unemployed, what does he have to do that's more important than testifying to Congress?

Idk, but perhaps resolving personal things now that he's suddenly unemployed? Weird, but as long as he's willing to testify in a reasonable amount of time it should be ok.

tbm24

If Trump is infact implicated along with his cronies and GOP members, Comey likely is bowing out since I don't think going to war with Trump's lies now would benefit the Investigation long term.

Probably doesnt want to spend another 3 hours getting asked about emails, leaks, and anything else the republicans can think of to distract from the russian investigation.

He's unemployed, what does he have to do that's more important than testifying to Congress?

How about continuing the Russia investigation even when he isn't FBI Director?

Comey doesn't come off as the kind of guy who would go "Well I'm fired, guess I won't look into any of the leads I got".

Kyzer

Banned
Comey should "leak" some other random thing thats not really accurate so that Trump has to blow his load on the tapes and further incriminate himself about other things

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Maybe he wants to let Trump flounder about a little longer.

Maybe he doesn't want to speak to Senate Intel before Rosenstein gives his closed door session next Thursday. Give them more specifics that they can ask Comey about. Make more of the remaining figures commit to some things first, rather than allowing them to adjust to whatever Comey reveals.

GreyWind

He needs time

1oqmhn.jpg

guys he did this back in the attorney general firing scandal. if he has damning stuff then it will come out in time. Comey isn't gonna just let trump ruin what he worked his entire career for.

Remember he almost quit over the NSA program and got the president to back down

Was he subpoenaed​ or just invited?

just invited. subpoena would have forced him

There's no benefit to him testifying. He can't say anything, and anything he does say can be twisted to make it look like he's disgruntled.

Comey should "leak" some other random thing thats not really accurate so that Trump has to blow his load on the tapes and further incriminate himself about other things

Why would Comey leak anything when we already know that a lot of FBI agents who are loyal to him are already willing to leak to the press?

Comey's power wasn't just from the position he had, but the numerous allies he made.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Dude needs to talk to some lawyers. Way too early for that dude to jump in and say shit that can fuck his life up, respect his right to be cautious. Gonna be a while before he feels safe enough to chat.

gaugebozo

Maybe he's trying to buy time for the FBI investigation. The Congressional one is unlikely to he the one that really breaks anything anyway.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Maybe he's trying to buy time for the FBI investigation. The Congressional one is unlikely to he the one that really breaks anything anyway.

Some said the reason why he got fired was because he was getting to close. Instead of every week getting information on the investigation it became every day.

Now that he's outside of the FBI he has to play his cards very carefully. And the closed door Senate meeting does include republicans so if he does know something he doesn't want any one of them to catch wind.

Some said the reason why he got fired was because he was getting to close. Instead of every week getting information on the investigation it became every day.

Which means he has many leads that he could covertly look into so that Trump doesn't realize the FBI will find out.

This isn't 24 where Jack Bauer can do whatever the fuck he wants

So he'll just have one of his numerous friends do the searching for him.

teepo

isn't it safe to already assume that some members of the intelligence panel are compromised?

i can't blame him after what yates went through

isn't it safe to already assume that some members of the intelligence panel are compromised?

Compromised by russians? I doubt it. Compromised in the sense that they are willing to risk national security to protect the republican brand? Absolutely they are.

what if Trump has recordings of Comey helping him screw Hillary, pre-election.
And the tweet message was a sort of, remember, if I go down, you're coming with me.

Fantasy, I know. But at this point everyone is floating in his hallucinations so it doesn't seem as fantastic as it might otherwise.

commedieu

Banned

She held her own and made every single person look like clownshoes.

Especially since she is sticking to what she said she would do, when sessions himself asked her years ago.

Top Bottom