• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senior Squid Artist Quit, NOA to Hold Splatoon Art Contest!

NEO0MJ

OK, he probably didn't quit, but this is interesting. Nintendo of America is holding a Splatoon art contest, with the grand prize being a Deluxe Wii U and a copy of the game, while the other 5 top contestants get a copy of the game.

Source

Splatoon ART CONTEST report! So…turns out our senior squid artist quit like two months ago and didn’t tell anyone. And now we need a bunch of sketches ASAP for our quarterly report, but when I checked his old desk drawers, all I found was a snorkel and a bunch of those little red sticks that come with the cheese-and-cracker packs that you use to spread the cheese. Remember those things? Anyway, I was in a full-blown panic until I thought of you guys! I bet some of you can draw some cool Splatoon art. Squid Research Lab needs your help!

Here’s what I’m thinking: Post your awesomest, most squidtastic Splatoon-themed artwork on Tumblr and tag it with #Splatoon, #GetInked and #NintendoContestEntry so we can find it. We’ll even give out some cool prizes for the ones we like best! The report is due on May 29, so you’ve got until then to show us what you’ve got. Y’all are the best! Oh, and the contest starts…RIGHT NOW!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be a legal resident of US (incl. DC) or Canada (excl. Quebec) 18+. Deadline: 5/29/15. 1 Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) Wii U system and one (1) Splatoon video game (ARV $359.98). 5 First Prize winners each receive one (1) Splatoon video game (ARV $59.99 each). Additional terms and conditions apply. Click here for official rules: http://Ninten.do/6133fA3T Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.

So, everyone get drawing! Here's some of the competition you might face.

tumblr_n7h2w7XVkD1t11733o1_1280.png
tumblr_n7ei1k2p981rqindvo1_400.png

yi2T6yz.png
9nBhetDl.jpg

qixcjx.jpg
E3bbrCn.jpg

splatoon_inkling__by_projectvirtue-d7p06c8.jpg
tumblr_n71noe4k681qf898no1_500.jpg

Evilmaus

I adore how much Nintendo are getting behind this game. One of my most anticipated releases of the year, and I seriously hope the Inklings can become as well known and loved as Mario, Link, Samus and all the great Nintendo characters.

Seems like a great idea to get people talking and sharing pics for the new IP
that second to last one is awful though

Mesoian

Friend of mine who's done quite a few professional pieces entered this. Eager to see what she comes up with.

I can't draw. I wish I could.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Splatoon fan art is already awesome. This contest should be cool.

NEO0MJ

Wish I could participate, but I'll probably just send them a stick figure with two squiggly lines on the head.

I thought it was an interesting take. Or is it because you think it's too risque?

Seems like a great idea to get people talking and sharing pics for the new IP
that second to last one is awful though

It was actually done by a gaffer here!

Here. A link to the fanart thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837761
See your competition

That's where I got most of these examples from.

Wish I could participate, but I'll probably just send them a stick figure with two squiggly lines on the head.

I thought it was an interesting take. Or is it because you think it's too risque?

It was actually done by a gaffer here!

That's where I got most of these examples from.
It's well made, for sure...just a bit on the creepy side

AdanVC

Tumblr are experts when it comes fanart. Some awesome Splatoon pieces have been going on the Splatoon fanart side and this is excellent to expand the hype for the game. Too bad is just a US/Canada contest, I'm in Mexico so I can't join. Thanks Reggie...

Piers

Nothing says structural unemployment like asking fans to cover for a resigned artist — assuming they aren't just joking there.

Thanks for sharing OP, I'll try to give it a go! I don't know if I'd even play it but I respect how much Ninty is pushing for it and love how rad the style and music is.

Top Bottom