• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| of The Dreamcast of McGillicutty and "MAH SON!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this ": Your avatar makes its debut as a pro wrestler! From Spike , creator of the Fire Pro Wrestling series, comes this pro wrestling game for everyone. "

So this is gonna be overly simplified for little kids and the wrestlers will probably only have 3 or 4 moves each.

jae

On the bright side, maybe this is a sign that Spike is open to using the name again. Hopefully it means we will see a proper FP announced for PSN/PSP/3DS soon? ...... Wishful thinking, but that is pretty much all it ever is now for FP fans.

I'll just go back to pretending the Volcano Eruption is an acceptable Muscular Bomb substitute in FPR now.

Lebron said:
The Nation is on the task. This game won't see the light of day.

Nation_display_image.jpg

I'll be D'Lo :D

My FCW Pictures from tonight.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AdawgDaFAB/FCW 09-15-10/

AJ Stuff for Spin and Lebron:

/\ Click for full pictures

Saddly those were the best I could get. I wanted to get something before the show but we got lost on the way and arrived right before it started. I DID get to meet and take a pic with Christina Crawford (Alicia Fox's sister) who was walking around the show with a crutch as she had her foot in a cast of some sort (freaking friend took the pic while I was talking tho, so I look goofy in it :lol ).

Shame the new Fire Pro got avatarized. Fire Pro has always been my favorite wrestling game series (yes, more than No Mercy!). Oh well -- we still got Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

Lebron said:
Yup, security would of had to tackle me.

I can only imagine if you and Spin were there with me :lol . I could see yall rushing the ring and kidnapping AJ :lol :lol :lol. Anyways all 6 of NXT girls were there doing ring announcing (Jamie was the main one, but the other 5 all did at one match introduction). I was sad because none got to wrestle. Last month's show AJ and Naomi's stuff in their tag match (AJ/Aksana vs Naomi/Liviana was better than all 4 or 5 matches that preceded it xD.

Also, I gotta say that Liviana / Maxine looks WAY better in person (and on FCW TV too actually) than she comes across as on NXT. She also is good on the mic (she is the current FCW GM). Kaitlyn on the other hand ... she may be hawt but she comes off so forced and bad on the mic (she had some corny crap she was saying before doing her ring announcing), lol. Needs to just stick to making cute faces as Vicki scolds her.

Didn't see this posted yet:

Wrestling Observer said:
Aloisia, the giant (Lindsay Hayward), announced today that she was being released by WWE and will be looking for independent bookings shortly.

Bummer! I wanted to see the inevitable awkwardness. Ohhhhhh well!

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Did Richie win the FCW title tonight?

I'm writing a report tonight or tomorrow on the show, but to answer your ?: No. They pulled a WTF on us. Advertised Richie Steamboat vs Batis... Mason Ryan but after the first match Mason and Byron Saxton came out claiming he didn't have a match scheduled so he threw out an open challenge. Trent Barretta came out and accepted it. That was the semi-main event. Richie vs Perfect Jr in a lumberjack match was after it. Also, I gotta say that for all the crap he gets, Hennig showed a TON of personality as a dick heel before and during the lumberjack. Overall the show was really fun and the best of the 3 Orlando FCW shows I have been to.

Forkball

Those WM rumors are total bunk. Remember when Batista came back and everyone was saying the WM 26 main event would be Batista unifying the titles? Total bunk. WWE doesn't book that far ahead, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't let anyone know.

Anyways there's one WM main event that should happen. Will it be a good match? Probably not. But it is definitely a money match.

CENA
VS.
TAKER
WRESTLEMANIA

I'll bet anything on this happening one day.

Seraphis Cain said:
AKI: Will never make another wrestling game again
Spike: WTF IS THIS SHIT?
Yukes: LOL SMACKDOWN

That means our last hope for a good Puro game is...and I never thought I'd say this...

Square-Enix.

I dunno, i'm holding out hope that Yukes next shitty Smackdown game sells really well, and they create Wrestle Kingdom 3 in response with a brand-new game engine. Or that SEGA tells WOW to resurrect the Giant Gram series.

It was pretty much a given that Spike would never make another 2d Fire Pro again - they said as much after the release of R. I guess this is their way to bring Fire Pro to a wider audience, but god damn it fucking sucks. Hoping that it still retains the depth of gameplay and customisation, but I seriously doubt it looking at those screens. Fuck you Spike.

Striker

That'll be horseshit, too. :lol

The only combination of having a Taker/Michaels like atmosphere or like match would be Jericho and somebody else. Not sure Taker can hang that high again.

Short-lived NXT 3 Diva Aloisia confirmed to Diva-Dirt.com that she has been released from her WWE contract. She will be taking indy bookings shortly and performing under her old Isis The Amazon persona.

She probably got released because she couldn't stop talking about her situation on the Internet. WWE hates people who constantly update people on their professional life on the 'net, especially relative newcomers like her.

Rafa=FedKilla said:

"This video has been removed by the user."

What was it?

Source: Pwinsider.com

Hulk Hogan's newest idea for himself on television is to star in a courtroom show. Hogan's Court would feature the Hulkster presiding over cases involving disputes between siblings.

The show would be geared towards kids from the ages of eight to twelve and the first season would feature twenty-six half hour episodes.

:lol

WHAT'CHA GONNA DO WHEN JUSTICE COMES DOWN ON YOU.

AJ PIX? WILL "STUDY" THEM.

AS FOR THE NATION, MY PERSONA'S ALREADY ESTABLISHED:

2054846723_a21cc1e03d.jpg

The negro with the strap!

I would have picked Ahmed Johnson for the AJ thing -- I'm still debating it. :D

Who gets to be our
whitey
Owen, who we can call a nugget?

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce the participation of current ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and current ROH World TV Champion Eddie Edwards in the Pro Wrestling NOAH 4th annual NTV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team League. This tournament will be held during the upcoming Autumn Navigation 2010 tour taking place from 10/15 – 10/30. These two wrestlers will unite for the annual tournament and look to bring the title of being 2010 Nippon TV Cup Junior Heavyweight Tag League Champions back to the USA. “We know that our World and Television Champions will represent us well in the tournament” said ROH President Cary Silken. Ring of Honor congratulates both men and they are on a mission to become the first gaijins to win the prestigious tournament.

Awesome, Strong & Edwards is a strange pairing, but I imagine they'll do pretty good and get fairly far into the tournament as ROH will want their champions well represented.

spindashing said:
Who gets to be our
whitey
Owen, who we can call a nugget?

Not me, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Melissa & MsChif fanclub for life, yo;

MsChifMelissa1-300x219.jpg

AdawgDaFAB said:
*Sadface* + *Facepalm*

Last 4 letters of the link say it all

:lol :lol wow.

Edit: HELLOOO oh shit Alicia's little sister doesn't look half bad. All these black female wrestlers coming up ... it brings a tear to my eye. I'm proud.

I have 100 left over MS points so I might snag that game just to screw around, but IDK if I should or not.

jmdajr said:
0065119194876_215X215.jpg

I didn't know about this

SO hype for this DVD set!

On a related note:
http://twitter.com/iamjericho said:
Looking forward to hanging in Calgary w @speewee this Monday! Slapshot Regatta!!!

Red herring or foreshadowing him finishing up @ NoC?

AnEternalEnigma said:
She probably got released because she couldn't stop talking about her situation on the Internet. WWE hates people who constantly update people on their professional life on the 'net, especially relative newcomers like her.

"This video has been removed by the user."

What was it?
It was a video of Paul London watching Matt Hardy's youtube videos.

krae_man

When's Trips coming back? How long is his surgury going to keep him out for?

Is he going to chalange Sheamus at Survivor Series or is he going to come back at the Rumble?

jmdajr

krae_man said:
When's Trips coming back? How long is his surgury going to keep him out for?

Is he going to chalange Sheamus at Survivor Series or is he going to come back at the Rumble?

I don't know any of the answers to these questions

Forkball said:
Anyways there's one WM main event that should happen. Will it be a good match? Probably not. But it is definitely a money match.

CENA
VS.
TAKER
WRESTLEMANIA

I'll bet anything on this happening one day.

That would be so terrible but at least Cena would lose.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
That would be so terrible but at least Cena would lose.

They had good matches before, but with Taker the way he is now IDK if he can pull another WM-level match out. Also potential PG-Cena's promos w/ Taker = DO NOT WANT!

However, I can't think of any other big time matches for Taker @ WM (that also wouldn't hurt the person losing to him like Miz or Sheamus).

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa said:
I think that it's a great idea. Too many wrestlers took/take Somas recreactionally much like wrestlers used to smoke weed in the 70's. Prescription pill abuse is a huge enemy of all wrestlers who abuse them. Pain medicine, Somas, ambien, and xanax are an evil mixture especially when mixed with alcohol and taken in excess.

So the rumor that Fatt Hardy has a Soma problem which actually lead to WWE finally stepping forward and completely banning Soma use might just hold water. He did look kinda glassy eyed in that "LOL I wasn't sent home! Look cars are on the wrong side of the street and things are spelled weird" video.

dream

AdawgDaFAB said:
Is there another international tour coming up?

No, Meltzer said something about that being a cost cutting measure in the latest newsletter...lemme pull it up.

They are once again taping two Raws on 9/20 in Indianapolis. This is just another cost-saving measure. Since they are doing Smackdown live in Oklahoma City on 10/1, there would be no Smackdown taping on 9/28. So they would be bringing the entire production crew in for just Monday, and they can save money by doing two shows, and then use the production crew from 10/1 for Smackdown to the PPV on 10/3 in Dallas and tapings through 10/5. The Raw crew is going to Europe after Indianapolis for three events in France, but that tour ends on 9/25. The next live Raw after Dallas would be 10/4 in Wichita with Johnny Knoxville as guest host.

Ah ok that makes sense then. Looks like there is a possibility we might get multiple RAWs taped like this in the future then whenever they decide to do live SDs on SyFy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom