• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seth Rogen officially adapting ‘Preacher’ comic for AMC [Update: Series ordered]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruth Negga Lands Female Lead In AMC Pilot ‘Preacher’

tulip-2-shot.jpg

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ruth-negga-cast-lead-amc-pilot-preacher-seth-rogen-1201394933/

I like her well enough in SHIELD, but I haven't seen her in anything else.

But with her and Dominic Cooper being in this, it's hilarious seeing them pull MCU actors.

Ridley327

well, if they're skipping that because of racial reasons then there's zero hope for the show to be even remotely similar to the comic book

Comic book spoilers:
I don't think they would skip it because of the race change, nor could they skip it if they're keeping the general plot the same, considering its importance to establishing the kind of guy God is for the first time by effectively bribing Jesse with Tulip's resurrection in a ploy to get him off of his back. I'm just more curious to see what the uproar would be for the episode when she does get killed that if her race inspires more fire than it normally would have if they casted her with a white actress.

Mudcrab

I'm going a little off topic here, but can someone in the know tell me if DC's Lucifer is based on the Lucifer in the Christian religion?

I might give the Preacher comics a go.

Yes, in a sense. It's really more of an 'all faiths are true' type of scenario. Lucifer and Yahweh exist somewhat as you'd expect but so do the Asian, Greek, Norse, and many other pantheons as well.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Pachimari

Yes, in a sense. It's really more of an 'all faiths are true' type of scenario. Lucifer and Yahweh exist somewhat as you'd expect but so do the Asian, Greek, Norse, and many other pantheons as well.

I don't think I can see this one together with my girlfriend. She will flip out, even by the mention of Lucifer. Wonder if they will call it something else?

I'm not familiar with the actress cast as Tulip but I can say that there's something about her face that looks like it could pull off the "pissed off 90's chick" archetype quite well.

E the Shaggy

It's a fucking GREAT choice. He plays "charming but still mostly a scumbag" about as well as you could ask for. Really, really good choice for Cass.

My dream choice was always Paddy Considine but this guy sure does look the part. I'm excited.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yup. Perfect. Still a little pissed this is on AMC though. They should remove their stupid 'no cussing' regulations for this.

Parch

I really don't like Seth Rogan. Preacher had it's humorous moments, but I get a bad feeling this smartass is just going to make a complete farce out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom