Settle this debate chicken burger or chicken sandwich?

Days like these...

Poonani should have a ph balance of 0
Oct 10, 2004
GAF settle this debate is it a chicken burger or a chicken sandwich? I have a friend who calls them chicken burgers. I'm team chicken sandwich but then I think about it and Im ok with salmon burgers and veggie burgers but calling a chicken sandwich a chicken burger just seems inherently wrong to me for some reason.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Do you not understand what your friend means when he calls them a chicken burger?

If you do understand, then it is correct. You both can be correct you know.

Jun 15, 2013
www.neogaf.com
GAF settle this debate is it a chicken burger or a chicken sandwich? I have a friend who calls them chicken burgers. I'm team chicken sandwich but then I think about it and Im ok with salmon burgers and veggie burgers but calling a chicken sandwich a chicken burger just seems inherently wrong to me for some reason.
Post a picture of the food item you're talking about please.

CHC

Aug 24, 2012
Chicken sandwich, 100%. Chicken burgers are neither here nor there - veggie burgers and beef burgers both being better options in my mind.

Salmon / tuna / seafood burgers are actually something of a misnomer as far as I'm concerned - they have more in common with a crab cake sandwich than anything else, really. Whole separate thing that I don't really put on the veggie-beef burger spectrum.

Jul 8, 2011
West Virginia
In the US, at least, it's called a chicken sandwich, and that's how I've always known it. In other parts of the world, however, it is known as a chicken burger. So, like aluminum and aluminium, there's no right or wrong answer.

That being said, in the US you COULD have something called a chicken burger, if it is ground and NOT breaded, ie mimicking a ground beef burger.

marrec

Loves ketchup on hot dogs and Pringles
Oct 11, 2010
Ground chicken = Chicken Burger

Sliced chicken (chicken breast) = Chicken Sandwich

Jesus christ do I have to do everything for y'all fucks?

Jun 18, 2005
Las Vegas
A chicken burger is ground chicken meat formed into a burger patty.

A chicken sandwich is a piece of chicken grilled or fried straight up
Correct.

If it has burger buns it's a burger regardless of whats in between.
Not correct.

Also, chicken burgers are not very common, right? I mean, McDonald's, Jack-in-the-Box, Burger King, Wendy's, etc all have chicken sandwiches on their menus. They don't have chicken burgers. And if you're calling their sandwiches "burgers", you're wrong.

Jun 27, 2015
All burgers are sandwiches, but all sandwiches aren't burgers. A burger involves some sort of ground up/mashed patty. Whether that's beef, turkey, veggies, beans, etc. Therefore chicken filet between buns is just a SANDWICH